Do I need CMX files ?

Can some one explain?
#2 - goon.
Here is a Link from RSC Forum

Tutorial

and here you can get Scenes for 3DS Max

ds-Autos
thanks I will check that out :bg:
More scenes and a lot of help can be found here.
Thanks, will try it

EDIT: Ok, have read a little bit, and got some n00b questions.

Where do I put Brazil? I downloaded it and its nothing but folders and some files in there, no readme or exe files.

EDIT2:

This is what I have done.

Installed 3ds max 7
Downloaded Brazil
Downloaded a scene from the dsrc site
copied and pasted the Images and scenes to 3d max.

This is what happends. When I open up the scene I have downloaded (one of the FO8s) I get some error messages that says that I am missing DLL's, mostly Brazil ones.
I have tried to put the brazil files into the plugins folder (I don't have any clue about how to get Brazil to work), and there isn't any readme files in the download.

If someone could help me a little I would really appreciate it.
Allso, I can upload some pics tomorrow if there is something that is unclear, have to go to bed now so I don't have time to write anymore
#6 - Rob76
Holy crap, there seems to be a lot of people rendering with $3500 software, or are the renders going to dry up once everyone's 30-day trial ends?

Seriously, is there a cheaper option for rendering for those who could spend that sort of money more wisely? (I'm sure I could go nuts at the FrexGP shop with that sort of money)
#7 - ORION
The 3dsmax 7 demo is for free. The Brazil renderer not, but you dont need it anyway.
Scanline default is cool
Quote from ORION :Scanline default is cool

If you can figure out all those options..

Brazil is by far the easiest to get good results imo.

As to your problem MyBoss, did you extract brazil into the plugins folder, still inside the original folders that came with the .zip?

If so, thats the reason why max can't find them. You can either open the plugins.ini in the root max folder and add a line like "Brazil reo render = C:\file\file".

Or you can just extract the files in the plugin folder of the brazil .zip file into your max plugin folder and it should work fine.
Thanks L(Oo)ney.

I was so tired last day so I didn't think of restarting the program :-P

Well, I downloaded some scenes from the dsrc site and I've made some renders.

Can find them here: http://cleanracersclub.org/crc ... e=displayimage&pid=38

I just wonder how I can get the images bigger? Brazil says it can't make renders bigger than 512*382 pixels. Neat program :lovies3d:
Quote from MyBoss :
I just wonder how I can get the images bigger? Brazil says it can't make renders bigger than 512*382 pixels. Neat program :lovies3d:

You have to buy it.
Ok, thanks.

One other question.

Ok, I have rendered those pics now, but I want to make it so it looks like the car is standing on the ground, not just in the mid air.

How do I apply an backround for the render?
Quote :
How do I apply an backround for the render?

In the render options enable the ground plane in the Brazil CSG server...
Set the color to white, and set the environment background color to white as well.
Thanks a bunch m8. Going to try that later.
ok i've used that tutorial and it says to do this

"-In material editor, select ID n°2. Open the « Maps » section and click on the texture’s name (Cromowheel_grip.tga)
-Open now the section « Output », and check « Enable Color Map ».Move the cursor down in order to obtain a value between 0.2 and 0.3 (lower it is, darker the texture will be)
Repeat those"

i cant find the section <<output>> can someone help me? please
i skipped it, and it looks fine. but ly head lights and tail lights are gone, its just a grey spot, any help?
Quote from pvdrift :ok i've used that tutorial and it says to do this

"-In material editor, select ID n°2. Open the « Maps » section and click on the texture’s name (Cromowheel_grip.tga)
-Open now the section « Output », and check « Enable Color Map ».Move the cursor down in order to obtain a value between 0.2 and 0.3 (lower it is, darker the texture will be)
Repeat those"

i cant find the section <<output>> can someone help me? please

This'll be exactly where it shows in the tutorial screenshot You'll need to scroll the list of options down until you see the Output rollout.. click n the word 'Output' to expand the section and make the adjustments.

As for your other query about the headlights, sounds like you've only assigned one of the interior materials.. for most cars, you'll find that *Interior1 is listed twice.. you need to load the texture into both slots.. one of the material slots will take care of the actual interior, the other will take care of the lights and any accessories (such as radiator grilles etc).

Regards,

Ian
yeah, i did that, and now i only have the corners and tails.
also, my tires and rims are grey
There's a video tutorial around here somewhere that'll show you how to do it, I used it to start rendering because the writen tutorial confused me when I tried the first time, but if you use both you'll get it done in no time at all.

Here it is. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=19473
thanks

Req: How To?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG