The online racing simulator
Renaming an uploaded setup deletes it.
Hi, i'm encountering a but where if i upload a setup to https://www.lfs.net/account/setups and then go to change its name and click 'Save Setup Details' it deletes the setup.
Very strange.

Can you try once more? I've added some debugging to maybe get an idea of why this is happening.
Tried again, still happenning.
It seems to happen with mod setups only though.
Seems to happen once you try to save a mod setup while version is set to 0.6M (default)

plz fix?
Seems to happen when you upload a setup and do anything to it (set public, give it notes, whatever). If you just reupload and put same info it doesn't disappear the 2nd time around though.
bump, still happening.

fatal is correct in the description of the behaviour
still the same.
It took me a few hours (website coding is still quite new to me) but you should find it's fixed now! Thumbs up
Thanks, glad to hear that Smile

i noticed one other thing which i think is related to whatever changes you made here or with the other issue, but mod setups no longer display with the name of the mod, which was kinda nice to have to identify which car the set is for at glance, but rather the skinID

if it's not too much work is there a possibility to have this back while the upload still works properly?

Attached images
Capture.PNG
EDIT: Post is now obsolete as I found a simpler solution - see following post

I see what you mean. You can't see which car it relates to, and if you click the setup to go to its page, the car name isn't displayed there either.

I'm sure I can figure out how to display the car name on the setup's own web page but in that list we are short of space. If I replaced the SkinID with the car name for display purposes, it might be a problem if the car has a long name, which can be up to 27 capital letters.

I'm not sure what solution is best. It seems like it would be easy to add hover text with the car name but would that be helpful? Maybe not if you want to see at a glance. Shrug

I see this page has been designed for official cars and that's why it needs some attention. https://www.lfs.net/files

How important is this page? Would it be worth going full width, to display car name and skin id and maybe some other info? Then 'popular' and 'latest' would have to be one above the other? I'm open to suggestions and don't mind having a go at it.

EDIT:
I see the same problem on this page although it is already full width: https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/XRG/FE00
I guess the "Downloads" column can be made thinner with a title like "DL" and maybe the class could be made narrower if some suitable abbreviations can be found.
OK, I think I've done what you asked more directly and without changing page layouts.

I was able to allow the filename to be saved correctly, using the Skin ID but leaving the car name displayed as it was before.

I see long names aren't too much of a problem as it uses '...' and shortens them if necessary, not messing up the screen layout.

Maybe that's OK for now?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG