The online racing simulator
Attention faster111
(258 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :same here, time to break out the crumpets, have some tea and play some jolly old cricket

What what.

Poop Poop.

Oh jolly good show what.

Make everyone a boundary sir!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#27 - SamH
Hey everyone, I just went to the bog. Now I need to restock from the pantry!

I just bought an extension cable for the Telewest box. 12 metres, but the image quality is crap. Doesn't that just figure.

My TV is still suffering freezing from the digital box after 3 engineer visits. It's been going on 3 weeks now, and every time they come and fail to fix the problem, it takes 3-5 days for another engineer slot. I called last night and booked another engineer. The earliest they could come is Thursday. This morning I had a brilliant idea - to book a 2nd engineer for Friday. It met with a little bit of resistance, but they've gone for it. Now, if Thursday's engineer doesn't fix the problem, Friday's might. If Thursday's DOES fix it, I can call Friday AM and cancel. If Friday's doesn't fix it, I'll call and book THREE consecutive engineers
-
#28 - SamH
I'll try that once I get back from Game. Off to pick up RBR
Quote from SamH :If Friday's doesn't fix it, I'll call and book THREE consecutive engineers

Why not have them all over at once? That way they can have a meeting about the problem, tell your TV to stop fooling around, have a beer with eachother while waiting for your TV to think about that option (get them beer!), try to bribe it with their combined wallets, and when all else fails have a jolly good time playing dodgeball with it.

BTW: I could tell you all about my day, but it's top secret. National security stuff... Either that, or very very very boring.
Today is one of those days were it never stops raining, that means i'm faster in the racers.
-
Just had to move a car in the car park. The lovely Doctor Procter came in for a chat. Lovely girl, very qieut but very nice. And Brainy. Like silly brainy. Like PHD silly brainy. Thinks she likes me. But I gotta kid and shes too shy to do anything. She is lovely though.

Still not rained again. Although it is slightly damp from the last time.
-
I just ate an apple.
Quote from thisnameistaken :We used to have a girl working at our place who had a masters degree in astrophysics and knockers like beach balls.

Now your getting on to one of my favourite subjects.

Beachballs.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I once had six (six!) NTL engineers come 'round to install broadband. I stupidly asked if any of them wanted a drink and had to go out for three extra bags of sugar.

What you need to do is buy bigger bags of sugar. Stealing those little satchets from cafes isn't really fair in the long term.
Going to the pub now. See you on the other side.
#36 - CSU1
illepall I'm lostillepall
Come to the pub with me. It's amzing what you can find at the bottom of a pint glass.
My day was fun. I was up until 9am talking to a friend in a different timezone about random crap (was only 2am for her I was dying at the keyboard). That was mucho fun. I also found out what an Aussie Kiss is

Then I slept for 3 hours, woke up and remembered I had a report for uni due at 4:30 which I was yet to start, so I spent my day slumped over my laptop hammering away at the differences between 10Base, 100Base, and 1000Base, including the specs for them and the different kinds you can get. Joy.

In that time I had some nice storms, one now which I should really shut my window for as the rain is getting in through the gap again. Meh, as long as it doesn't rain on my sub I don't give a rats ass. Oh, and I recently got Pizza, which I shall eat with my coffee.

And I talked a little about killing sperm and that putting your balls in ice water for 30 minutes a day helps the little buggers grow faster and put back the lost ones from drinking too much caffinee, and sticking a laptop on your crotch. Fun fun fun. I might boot up my PC and give LFS a quick spin, it's starting to get dusty from lack of use.

Quote from thisnameistaken :The sausage rolls weren't very good, too salty.

Must resist obvious joke.
resistance is futile . .

And I areally am going to the pub. honest.
#40 - SamH
Back. Game didn't have RBR in stock. I was willing to pay £15 for it too!

The last Telewest engineer that was here wouldn't even light a cigarette. He said it's instant dismissal if he smokes inside a customer's house. I doubt they'll drink beer.

I really want them to fix this freezing issue. I'm getting fed up with tidying up the bedroom all the time, in anticipation of a Telewest engineer. My bedroom is my "pit".. none shall enter.
#41 - Jakg
Quote from SamH :Back. Game didn't have RBR in stock. I was willing to pay £15 for it too!

oh noes

£5 from Play.com
while its in the post download it, seeing as you have paid for the game then theres nothing untoward!
#42 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :oh noes

£5 from Play.com
while its in the post download it, seeing as you have paid for the game then theres nothing untoward!

Sam says YES! The credit card says NUH HUH!

Do they take Paypal?
#43 - Jakg
Quote from SamH :Sam says YES! The credit card says NUH HUH!

Do they take Paypal?

i dont know, all i can find at the bottom of the site is
£7 pound all in for one off ebay, brand new.

Damn what a nice thread, I kinda got stuck at Kevs post about the girl with large brains!

I went to the vet with my sick pussy, the 2 reception girls looked decent but they ought to be right cows working in a vet.
Quote from SamH :My TV is still suffering freezing from the digital box after 3 engineer visits

If you've got one of the pace ones, try moving it so that it doesnt have a restricted airflow around it. I discovered ours can be quite sensitive to heat.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you tried blowing on it? Or getting an engineer to blow on it?

It's not a nintendo cartridge

So, my day. Utter bollocks. Woke up at 6am, had a shower, etc. ready to leave at 7am. Forgot that I had to clean off the cat shite I stepped in the night before. Arses. Finally left at 7:45am, and proceeded to get stuck in traffic going to Bristol (which is worse now the A4 is closed). Eventually arrived on-site at 9am. Lounged about, fixed a few things and generally tried to entertain myself as I couldnt leave until noon due to arrangements. I ran out of things to do after chatting on IRC and then finding the mens bogs (no puns , what I mean is that I've never been able to find them before. Always manage to find the ladies though... Who would've thought the gents was in the warehouse?!). I then proceeded to drive to the other side of Wiltshire after picking up a very quick 5 minute bite to eat. Dropped off some equipment, set it up, assisted some lovely young ladies with their computers and then drove home.

Arrived at home at 5:55pm, and logged on. I need to stop doing 10+ hour days, and then promising someone I'd fix something for her in the evening, out of hours... then again it is double time chargable

Update:
I've just finished working. Argh :'(
#46 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :i dont know, all i can find at the bottom of the site is

Yay! Ordered! Where there's a will, there's a new credit card limit!!

Since I was ordering RBR, I figured I'd get a new mouse mat and a glow brick. Apparently my addiction to executive toys is alive and well!
Quote from Bawbag :I kinda got stuck at Kevs post about the girl with large brains!

!? ::re-reads Kev's post::
Quote from Bawbag :I went to the vet with my sick pussy, the 2 reception girls looked decent but they ought to be right cows working in a vet.

TWO reception girls? That's a posh vets!
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you've got one of the pace ones, try moving it so that it doesnt have a restricted airflow around it. I discovered ours can be quite sensitive to heat.

I had a desk fan pointing directly at it for 2 days at one point. The last engineer said that the "slope" is bad at the "node" and it needs sorting at the "box up the road". They phoned me yesterday evening to tell me that they'd identified the problem and fixed it. I rang them at 11pm last night to correct them on that one.
Currently eating steak and chips, inviting girlfriend over whilst parents are away.

Bit of fun time or maybe that should be...
im going swimming......

blub blub, cya later
Swimming, at this time of night? You're weird.

I just read the Pluto thread for the first time, and I couldn't not read Funnybears stories. My coffee went cold =[

But I found that if you microwave coffee for 2 minutes when you touch the cup it turns into a guizer spewing hot coffee all over the place. Mucho mess.
-
Quote from mrfell :Probably why it didnt rain here (Pershore) you had it in Worcester!!

Absolutely chucked it down at Toddington at 4:00 today... expect it hit Pershore soon after...

I had a good day, because I didn't go to work

Attention faster111
(258 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG