The online racing simulator
#1 - Racon
Dunsfold (Top Gear Test Track!) to scale at LA1X
What other choice was there for testing the new software? Wink (link)

I started with just chalk, but it's just not visible enough at speed unless you use a huge amount of them. To get all of it in to 2400 chalk objects and still drive fast cars around it is just not possible.

So, I've settled on concrete for grass (just imagine it's blue because they left Clarkson in charge of maintaining it). Besides, I've seen how you guys treat chalk lines, so the kerb is also there to keep you honest Wink

I've done it as autocross for a standing start, and there are restricted areas everywhere you could gain by shortcutting - don't break too late for hammerhead or you're outta there.

The Lemon Ara is a very good reasonably-priced car to start with, with 1:45ish lap times.

(EDIT: Now available online at PiranMOTODunsfoldHotlap, times available at https://piranmoto.uk/tracks/680)

Attached images
dunsfold1.jpg
dunsfold2.jpg
dunsfold3.jpg
dunsfold4.jpg
dunsfold5.jpg
Attached files
LA1X_Dunsfold.lyt - 19.3 KB - 141 views
That's a hint for sb.tv how to fill air time between sessions - interview and then TG style lap with chart. Big grin
#3 - Racon
I would love to see that Smile

I have decided that this needs to be a thing in it's own right rather than just a corner of another server, so now we have PiranMOTODunsfold (with some InSim magic to keep the scoreboards free of second laps - everything there is from a standing start)
#4 - Racon

(I dunno what's going on with my video output, but I'm done tinkering for now... so here's a potato placeholder for the proper vid)
Quote from Eclipsed :That's a hint for sb.tv how to fill air time between sessions - interview and then TG style lap with chart. Big grin

Only if you promise to be guest #1.
Shame that suzuki liana is not anymore in lfs
#7 - BeNoM
Any chance for the .lyt? Link doesn't work.
#8 - Racon
Link is fixed (we changed domain since then), LYT is added as an attachment to first post Thumbs up
#9 - BeNoM
Cheers!

Dunsfold (Top Gear Test Track!) to scale at LA1X
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG