The online racing simulator
hi guys
looking forward to some close racing... interesting to see how the game compares to real life
welcome!
Hello I'm quiet new here. I will say right now that I'm not interested in MP for now cause I know I would get disqualified in First lap. But if anyone would be willing to play with me for a bit I would be happy.
hi i like lfs and water
Hello all. I registered back in Jan 2022 but haven't really been active until now. Prefer historic racing with open wheelers.
Hello everyone!

I am pretty new to LFS, tested it for a week or so before buying S1 (for now).

Right now I am just trying to be fast on Blackwood with the LX4, playing with setups, configuring the game to my liking... before going online.

Forgot to mention: I run this thing on Linux using Wine, and I have an old steering wheel. My "Don't throw that wheel away, give it another try" was what actually got me into LFS.

Any recommendations on Blackwood, LX4, setups... would be much appreciated.
Quote from aalonso :
Any recommendations on Blackwood, LX4, setups... would be much appreciated.

Did you find the setup section? https://www.lfs.net/files/setups
Since there are so many different track configurations it can sometimes work to use a setup from a track that is "similar enough" and tweak it a bit.

What wheel do you use and does the force feedback work with Wine?
Quote from Gutholz :Did you find the setup section? https://www.lfs.net/files/setups

What wheel do you use and does the force feedback work with Wine?

I had a quick look but I completely misunderstood what it was for. Now that I checked it again, I can see what BL, SO, FE means...and also the car codes Smile Thanks a lot!

My wheel is a Thrustmaster Ferrari like this one https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferrarigterw-en/ . I kept it around to learn how to create drivers for Wine but the thing has Rumble instead of Force Feedback XD. Maybe one day I'll make use of some arduinos and create my own drivers, but that is one hell of a challenge!
I think my first wheel was the grandfather of that one. (also Thrustmaster and Ferrari-styled but with just a bungee cord inside to make it self-center) Real FFB is a gamechanger.

If you like coding/arduino projects then look into the programming subforum and documentation.
There are interfaces called insim and outgauge to get data out of LFS.
It has been used for stuff like tachometers

or this dynamic scented tree:
https://gfycat.com/shadyripecaracal
(not my videos)
Quote from Lokihon :Hello I'm quiet new here. I will say right now that I'm not interested in MP for now cause I know I would get disqualified in First lap. But if anyone would be willing to play with me for a bit I would be happy.

Hi there!

There's a new race every monday at CESAV, but our training server is open 24/7. You don't need to register with us to practice, so you are more than welcome to come and do as many laps as you want, and then see how you're doing in comparison with the drivers who signed up for that week's race.

Also, the guys at Fragmaster are helding the GTI Thursday and the FOX Friday events, and you can practice 24/7 at their servers, too. The Airio insim will tell you how you're doing.

Check also for the FBM Saturday by Master Race Car people, and see if they suit your needs.

Perfection comes from experience, and experience comes from practice. Don't give up, and if you ever find me online be sure to stop by and say hello -We can train together anytime!
Hello there! Coming back to LFS since last playing it as a kid in '07. Feel free to add me and message me.
Im not that new but hi
hi
Hello! I found LFS only a week ago, and after a few minutes of playing fell in love with the sim and purchased the S3 license. I downloaded a bunch of community-made track mods and have been exploring the amazing car mods so many of you have made. I'm now trying my hand at making a model with the car editor, and having a great time. I just want to say thank you to the creators of LFS, and to the community, and I hope that I will be able to find enough time to learn the tracks and cars so that I can fully participate. Cheers to you all!!
Hello everyone,
I back to LFS after 15y of absence... yes :-)
I'm rebuilding my skills driving on Blackwood GTI server and searching way to find similar to this server which is dedicated to S3 license and where i will be able to drive for example XF GTR.
Quote from azurePL :Hello everyone,
I back to LFS after 15y of absence... yes :-)
I'm rebuilding my skills driving on Blackwood GTI server and searching way to find similar to this server which is dedicated to S3 license and where i will be able to drive for example XF GTR.

Welcome back!

AA Multiclass has some people on it every now and then, though it uses an unlock system based on your airio rank, basically, the more you drive, the more cars you unlock, so you won't be able to use XFR out the gate.

Sadly pickup racing is kinda dead outside of demo, most of the action is in scheduled events, Rony's Tuesday Fun Race could be a good start, there are also weekly GTI/FBM/FOX races on rotating tracks hosted by MRc and Fragmaster teams.

You can check the leagues section for more stuff
Quote from johneysvk :Welcome back!

AA Multiclass has some people on it every now and then, though it uses an unlock system based on your airio rank, basically, the more you drive, the more cars you unlock, so you won't be able to use XFR out the gate.

Sadly pickup racing is kinda dead outside of demo, most of the action is in scheduled events, Rony's Tuesday Fun Race could be a good start, there are also weekly GTI/FBM/FOX races on rotating tracks hosted by MRc and Fragmaster teams.

You can check the leagues section for more stuff

Thank you for your answer. I realized that there is no alternative for Blackwood GTI in S3 license racing :-(
I have to get know how to sign for this scheduled events.
for most (ie all the ones i mentioned) no sign-up is needed, just show up and drive (and ideally practice a bit Smile if there is one it's usually specified how in the event's info.
most servers want you to use Discord to participate, link provided when you join servers, but generally no sign ups
Quote from Gutholz :th just a bungee cord inside to make it self-center) Real FFB is a gamechanger.

If you like coding/arduino projects then look into the programming subforum and documentation.
There are interfaces called insim and outgauge to get data out of LFS.
It has been used for stuff like tachometers
(...)

I just made something that works! It does very little (vibrate at longer/shorter intervals based on RPM), which is not that useful, and I still need to clean up code and upload it somewhere, but it worked.

Whenever I have the time I will 'announce' it on the programmers subforum. Thanks!
Hi guys!!!
hi i am newbie. i live in korea.
Hello World. I am Wind. Favorite carm FZ5..
How do I win multiplayer races with a 4gb ram dingus laptop and an Xbox controller
press gas

New players say hi here
(3704 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG