The online racing simulator
ok i dont know if any of this has been posted but...

right here goes *takes deep breath *

~i can't unlock S2

~i can't load any tracks with U20.

~i cant join any games on demo because i can't load the tracks

Anybody know why?
-
(Jk Racin) DELETED by Jk Racin : posted 2 times
That doesnt make much sense. If you cant unlock S2 its pretty hard to load any track.
Try reinstalling the patch over a nice fresh copy of U?
ive sorted it, the wld folder wasnt in the right place
Erm, press n? Gonna move some posts here...
Quote from germanpio :It's a bit weird that if you have only *.mpr replays they don't show up if you select ALL in the Replay Menu. Same goes for *.spr files.

Uhm, I realized that the info screen doesn't show which track it exactly was. It just say Aston and North but not Standard or Reversed (same goes for other combos). Hope you'll fix it
-
(detail) DELETED by detail
Quote from detail :A problem with the new camera roll feature: in SHIFT+U camera CTRL+left+right doesn't work as in default camera.

Quote from Don :
Quote from Scawen :Yes. That's already been discussed on this thread (but apparently I moved those posts somewhere else). The roll function isn't supposed to work if you have "Place Objects" switched on, because the objects wouldn't be placed where the mouse is.

Obviously this is not clear in the menu - and that is the problem.

well the first solution was quite nice - the ROLL function was hidden untill you did PLACE OBJECTS = NO

but then there would be people shouting "omg where is the roll function i cant see it anywhere"

You're supposed to read the thread before replying......
-
(detail) DELETED by detail
when i install U patch 20,my wheel is doing the oppcosite of what its suppose to do.When i turn right the car is turning left,and the other way around,when i turn left the car is turning right.And then when i reinstall U patch again,over U20 everything is okay....is it me or are there something wrong with the patch??
@Hedegaard:
There were slight changes to the input-handling of the game and thus you need to reconfigure your inputs after installing the testpatch. Then it'll work fine.

Vain
Quote from Hedegaard :when i install U patch 20,my wheel is doing the oppcosite of what its suppose to do.When i turn right the car is turning left,and the other way around,when i turn left the car is turning right.And then when i reinstall U patch again,over U20 everything is okay....is it me or are there something wrong with the patch??

Try going to OPTIONS ---> CONTROLS ---> and then click on the Axes/FF button, and where it says STEER, click the button that says "INVERT" right next to it. Your steering might be inverted.
Thank you
Quote from Honey :Scawen, i think i found the way to reproduce this bug, please read my comments on this bug report -> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=185362#post185362

it seems to happen when the server is under "some stress", to test it:
- join to the AutoX Compo Test Server (seem to be the most affected server -> see InSim considerations in the liked post)
- let other 15 or 20 be in the server (the more people, the more frequent)
- spectate/join/away commands will trigger this bug after a while
- verify yourself ISP has nothing to do with it

hope it helps, cheers!

Just like to confirm this bug.

Happend now the 3rd time after updating my LFS from Standard U -> U20 last week that others don't see my car, same effects as GAS-Hugo described in
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7059

Dedicated Server (KR Krautracing): Version U
Track: FE1, Cars: XFG, XRG
Players: a mix of U and U20,
some players use InSim Apps e.g. LFS Display

Bug is not depending on the number of players.

My LFS: Version U20, no additions
System: P4 2GHz , 768 MB, XP SP2 + up to date MS patches, DirectX 9c
i'm glad that more people is getting aware of this bug, it is very subtle and hard to realise it is happening, this is imo the reason why this is still there.
btw i noticed that insim enabled on server is making it much more reproduceable, i don't know about if insim enabled on the client can cause it too but i guess not.
Done some cleaning up.

1) Moved ATI frame rate issues to a new spinoff thread

2) Moved several other posts to the cleanup thread (including "invisible car bug" posts)

Discussions about the "invisible car bug" should continue here :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7059
Please, No Feature Requests Here
I can't believe that! I read more than 5 feature requests in this thread (from yesterday and today)! illepall

I know, my english is very bad, but didn't Scawen write already many times NO feature requests in this thread?!!!!
Pasci, While I to some extent agree with you, Scawen in a way did prompt this conversation, albiet from a feature request. I think we should just let the conversation continue. If Scawen has a problem with it because people start requesting features becuase they are irrevelent, then Scawen knows how to end it.

Note: Sorry Scawen if this is off-topic, feel free to remove this post if you deem it to be removable.
Trying....to...resist....thoughts over powering me..., darn, 'feature request'

Actually directly related to the gear shift reply you gave

I think your 'H' Shifter, shift TO gear method would be good (i wouldnt use a h shifter for a seq box myself) but i know F1 cars 'used' to have a 'shift to button' (i dont know if they are still allowed) that would be a feature i would use, basically its a button with a preselected gear (usually 2nd) that would be pressed for hairpins etc, to make sure speedy downshifts and make sure you dont shift to 1st by accedent.

This would be good if you implemented the 'Shift TO' code for the H shifters.

(hides in corner for adding another feature request)

Simon
I do agree with Scawen after reading his points, I think it people want to have a crippled car, they should be able to get it how they want. Good explanation there Scawen.
Here are updated descriptions of driving lessons.
Attached files
lesson_Russian.zip - 14.2 KB - 205 views
Hello;

I don't konw if this is a bug or not, but when I was in an autocross server, in the session, I changed names to notify people that I wa away from my keyboard, when I got back and changed back to my normal name, I didn't get skidmarks until I pit/unpitted, just letting you know because it happens everytime I do it.
Hotlapping
FYI:

Ive got a weird issue with Test Patch 20 (and below).

Id say nearly 20% of the time when hotlapping, i go to save the lap and LFS returns a message saying "replay is not being recorded" This used to happen alot more if i didnt go back to the main menu before starting each hotlap. But now it doesnt matter if i close LFS then open it again. It doesnt happen all the time which is going to make it harder to solve i spose.

* I can get this issue on any of the test patches ive downloaded
* Ive changed the "Single Player Replay Save" options = no fix
* It also happened before i used the test patches
* Ive downloaded a fresh copy of LFS = didnt solve it either
Quote from wabbit :FYI:

Ive got a weird issue with Test Patch 20 (and below).

Id say nearly 20% of the time when hotlapping, i go to save the lap and LFS returns a message saying "replay is not being recorded" This used to happen alot more if i didnt go back to the main menu before starting each hotlap. But now it doesnt matter if i close LFS then open it again. It doesnt happen all the time which is going to make it harder to solve i spose.

* I can get this issue on any of the test patches ive downloaded
* Ive changed the "Single Player Replay Save" options = no fix
* It also happened before i used the test patches
* Ive downloaded a fresh copy of LFS = didnt solve it either

don't pit when hotlapping. I got this when I pitted and then went on hotlapping during the same session. Don'T know if this "feature" was meant to be this way by Scawen, but for me pitting was the cause for this.
A replay will say it is not being recorded usually after you make a pitstop in any Singleplayer mode as far as I know.

So basically if you are hotlapping and do not save your replay before you pit, then you will get that message. You have to restart the session for a replay to start recording again.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG