The online racing simulator
Spoiler - Wow what a race that was!!
Alonso has the championship won now I reckon. Massa drove a great race, and I just love seeing old shuey struggling!

Comments please:
alonso showed what a star he is by holding off schumi.........(surely, that H isnt needed!!!)

like the guys on tv said, it all started with MS's mistake in qualy, so only himself to blame.

a cracking race though, and i hope that alonso takes the title........he is a worthy champion.
Great race, but disappointed the horse managed to keep him behind But I don't think 12 points is enough to clinch the championship, so hopefully it'll go down to the wire.

Why ITV can't be bothered to show the full press conference, and cut to Mark Blundell the blifering idiot who can't speak properly I don't know... But at least the irritating Team Chicken ad breaks have gone.
Fisi's such a noob Again Räikkönen's out of competition and nothing he could do about it (yes I know he drove off on his own later but was he going to challenge the leaders had he stayed on the track).

Good racing after the last pitstop, although I would have preferred Schumacher passing Alonso and Massa taking the win. Definitely one of the most action packed races of this year in the end.
Do you reckon that Schumacher will race next year, now that he will have serious difficulties beating Alonso for the championship?
Quote from tristancliffe :Great race, but disappointed the horse managed to keep him behind But I don't think 12 points is enough to clinch the championship, so hopefully it'll go down to the wire.

Why ITV can't be bothered to show the full press conference, and cut to Mark Blundell the blifering idiot who can't speak properly I don't know... But at least the irritating Team Chicken ad breaks have gone.

i second that!

Was one of the best races of the season by far, it actually got me excited in some parts. Being a Schumey fan i am obviously disappoined he didnt do Alonso but i am very pleased for Massa. Last year when ferrari announced that he was signed many people doubted him, and werent too keen on him but during the last 6-7 races he has really come about. He showed he has the speed, maturity, and professionalism in him to win races.

and like tristan i dont know why ITV cut away from Michael when he was just about to talk about the closing laps, so irritating, not to mention we have to put up with James Allen for the whole race. Doesnt that guy ever get flu, or injuries or other sort of commitment so that he doesnt comentate? me is eeeviiiil! :mischievo

i just so wish we could have them use seperate audio channels so i can mute Mr Allen.....!

but over all i actually enjoyed waching this race...

mad
#7 - wE1l
Quote from tristancliffe :Great race, but disappointed the horse managed to keep him behind But I don't think 12 points is enough to clinch the championship, so hopefully it'll go down to the wire.

Istanbul friggin rocks.

It's an improvement from ITV actually, they used to cut right after the winner finishes the first question!
Yes, was a good race and Im very happy with the result.
Dont want this "§$%%/$§ to win another championship, before he finally retires.

However, the GP2 race this morning was still much better, especially Glock vs. Hamilton.
#9 - bbman
Besides the T1 carnage and the battle for second at the end, nothing very interesting...

Did I see right that almost EVERY corner on this track is slightly banked? How boring...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
when i saw the thead title i thought you were goin to talk about the gp2 race, its a shame f1 cant match gp2 for excitement.
Bluemooney
Lesser drivers (the vast majority don't have the talent for F1 (although some might make up for talent with money)), slower simpler similar cars running on GP tracks will of course mean that feeder series' will always have more 'incidents'.

Unfortunately people think that incidents = a good race, a view I do not subscribe to.

In F1 there is the best drivers, in the most advanced cars, at higher speeds, with more traction, better brakes, better aero (and hence worse for the following car), very dissimilar cars. F1 has never, and never will be what the masses want. People who think old F1 was more exciting to watch are sadly looking at it through rose-tinted spectacles. It's always been 'dull' to those not interested in the finer points of motor racing. To those who are interested in the finer points (the technical, the political, the skill etc) then F1 remains the pinnacle.
I think F1 is the pinnacle because of the technology, and the talent required to drive such beasts. The political aspect I can do without, though. Politics is what killed NASCAR for me, and it is definately ruining F1 imho.

To me though, close racing is what makes a race interesting to watch. I like hearing/reading about the cool innovations in F1, but nothing beats a side-by-side battle imho.

Was a great race; Congrats to Massa, and to Alonso for holding off the scum, erm.. Schumi, behind him.
Credit is due to Alonso on this one, before the race I thought he'd get Schumacher at the start and get hopped at the pit stops. How wrong I was.

When Schumacher was closing down Alonso I thought there's no way he'll be able to hold him off. How wrong I was.

There are times when it is nice to be wrong .
#14 - J.B.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, was a good race and Im very happy with the result.
Dont want this "§$%%/$§ to win another championship, before he finally retires.

However, the GP2 race this morning was still much better, especially Glock vs. Hamilton.

Yeah, that was classic stuff. In fact I think I will upload a video of it later. F1 was good too but I'm not sure 12 points is enough. The 1.1 seconds gap in Q2 were scary.
Quote :Unfortunately people think that incidents = a good race, a view I do not subscribe to.

Today's GP2 race was not great because of accidents but because of great racing (passing and defending) going on. Granted, Hamilton could only pass so many because he spun early on, but nevertheless, the GP2 is far from being an idiots' series where it only gets exciting because of crashes. If you consider passing incidents, it would be a different story of course, but then you would have no clue of racing.
I dont watch GP2 because every race Steve Ryder spoils the result 1 week before I can watch it, and there's nothing worse than watching a race when you already know the result.
Doh I guess "Spoiler" should have clued me in ^.^ Taped a bunch of stuff this morning but didn't get the chance to watch it. Just caught the last bit of the Rolex series at Infineon.

And in the process I found out that Infineon Raceway is about 5-10 minutes away from the town I'm moving to in a couple months!! That made my day; I can't wait to be able to catch races IRL again, plus they do karting and race school all the time it seems! Haven't lived near a track for 12 or 13 years =-/

Anyway congrats to Mr. Alonso, I'm sure it was well won. Especially looking forward to watching that now.
i enjoyed the race today, turkey is a good circuit for racing and last years was also good to watch along with suzuka, rest were rather boring in comparison.
Congrats to Massa and his 1st win, wich we (me!!!! ) know that more wins will come!! After all his brazilian!!!
jokes apart, i didnt watch the whole racem but "best moments" so i cant really comment on this race, as for the last races, i think thats slowly F1 is becoming more fun to watch, or is it just me?
FRICKIN HELLL

Thanks for spoiling the results!!!!!!! Please put **SPOLIER** in the title or something, for crying out loud :doh:

Blah, probably already did say spoiler, but I didn't see that, lies lies!!!
what an awesome track. Only wish Rosberg could have held on a bit better. I knew something was up, he's never that far up

turn 8 is just amazing. But damn does it need a name!
#22 - Jakg
turn 8 - oddly like the last turn of WE1?
No it isn't Jakg? The last turn of westhill is a hairpin with an opening exit.
#24 - J.B.
#25 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :No it isn't Jakg? The last turn of westhill is a hairpin with an opening exit.

feels a bit like it, but smaller to me...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG