The online racing simulator
Help? Car won't speed up!
(15 posts, started )
Hi,

I've downloaded the free version to try out with my HTC Vive and I've hit an issue. I can get the game to work with my Vive and visually it looks good in VR, however, when I put my foot down on my Logitech G920 pedal the game gives an audio roar to indicate acceleration but the car only moves at the most at about 10mph no matter how hard I press the gas pedal. When I go up a slope the the acceleration dies out totally and the car rolls backwards down the hill until it stops and then it won't move at all! Am I missing something obvious in settings or is the came so realistic it is imitating running out of gas? Smile
#2 - BeNoM
1. Are you playing in automatic or manual transmission?

2. Are you using the stock car setup?

3. Are your pedal axes set correctly?
#3 - Ped7g
And do you use manual or automatic clutch? Can you press F9 and post here screenshot of moving forward 10mph with full gas? Also switch on "Show pedals: yes" in Options -> Display, so it will be visible on that screenshot too.

But maybe verify axes first, depends how much "roar" you get, or even better what the rpm indicator, if you are barely above minimal rpms, then 10mph .. is still a bit slow with most of the cars. If you have full rpm on revlimit, and you shift into first gear, it should be almost ok (although do it few more times and you will burn the clutch).

About running out of gas... yes, of course, but then the engine is almost silent, if it still spins, you will hear only shy whizzing of the engine rotating without detonations. Also when stationary without gas, you can move forward few centimetres by abusing the starter (by default "i" as ignition), just make sure your clutch is engaged and you are in first gear.

I hope this sort of explains how real the simulation is (not real, but many details are there)
Thanks for the replies...

@beNom - I've tried auto and manual transmission and I'm using the stock car and stock setup - both same result and the moment I come to the first slope at about 10-15mph it comes to a stop and rolls backwards no matter what I do with the clutch/gear selection/acceleration.
I don't really know what setting the pedal axes is or what it does but I will look for a solution.

@ped7g - I get full revs right to the limit when I press gas pedal right down and the engine makes loud roar when I do it and the tank if I remember rightly shows about half full - from the start of the race I don't get further than a few hundred metres as I hit a slope can't get up it! But yes, I'm going to look at the pedal axes! I think I have some learning to do...

It's a very nice looking game on my Vive - tried Project cars but Live for Speed seems much better visually in VR than what Project Cars is in VR. Thanks both - I'll try axes tomorrow and will write back with the result - I assume the axes are a Live for Speed setting and not a Logitech setting.
#5 - BeNoM
Would you be able to upload a video of this? It might help us find out what the problem is.
Sounds like a burnt clutch but that would normally take a bit of time to occur.
#7 - Ped7g
If the revs are high, then the gas pedal is working ok? Maybe you have the brake pedal stuck? (use that display option to see virtual pedal gauges on screen and see if they react to your inputs correctly)

Burnt clutch would behave similarly, but you can't burnt it instantly, takes at least couple of seconds.

Parking brake is released upon first shift automatically I think.

I'm running out of ideas (with the default setup used). I was actually quite without ideas since the start, but now I'm even more... Big grin
Upload a replay so we can see what is happening.
When driving press "2" and enter a name for the file.
The replay will be saved to LFS\data\spr
Im having this exact issue with my g920. I have it on auto shift and when I give it 10% throttle it will accelerate slowly but at full throttle the rpms max out with no acceleration. I will try and make a quick video.

Edit: As I was recording a video I found a solution. When using the G920 without a shifter make sure that Clutch is set to button not axis. I noticed that when clutch was set to axis even in auto trans there was always 50% clutch being applied. With Clutch set to button there was 0% and Im able to drive perfectly in auto and sequential trans modes. If anyone still wants to see the video of the issue and the fix I will upload it. Happy racing Smile
Doesn't the G920 have a clutch pedal? If the axis is at 50% then it sounds like you assign it.
Quote from PeterN :Doesn't the G920 have a clutch pedal? If the axis is at 50% then it sounds like you assign it.

Yah it has a clutch pedal but for some reason even if its assigned and working properly there is still 50% being applied when using Auto or Sequential.

Edit: Nevermind your right I just seen that by default when you hit the clutch pedal on the g920 it moves the 4th axis but the clutch is assigned to axis 5 by default which is set to 50% by default. So changing the assignment to axis 4 or put axis 5 to 0% should solve the issue better.
I've got the speed issue sorted - I just don't know how I did it! Hours of fiddling and now I have accidentally stumbled on full speed. If I knew what I did to put my setup right I'd post it up here to help other but I just don't know! I also have sequential gearing which works great
(I'm a newbie) but I'm still yet to find the solution of mapping this to my Logitech gearstick - instead it works using the 2 triggers behind my steering wheel.
I like this game - my only other issue is when I race when I've completed the laps the and my final position is verified (usually last) I can still carry on driving around the track - is the game meant to stop this at the end of the race automatically and boot me to another screen?

Anyway - thanks for the help everyone!
Erm, actually you can do infinite laps after the race ends if you like so Tilt.

Usually race servers have an InSim -to simplify it, its like a Program/Application- f.e. like Airio that has a countdown at the end of each race so it restarts automatically.
Otherwise you'll need a certain amount of players to press SHIFT+R (restart race) in order to restart. But, the more players are connected = More people needed to restart race.

Ps: Glad you like LFS!
I see - I'm playing offline at the moment against the AI so I wasn't quite sure as to whether the game is meant to take me back to a 'new game' screen automatically at the end.

Yes, it's very good in VR - great VR support too. I would go as far as saying the support is one of the best out of all of the VR racers - it was just the pedal setup that was messing me up and that's Logitech's fault and not mine! Big grin
my solution!
Hello all!
My solution for G29.

In Controls Setting, set the clutch (axe 4 in the picture) range to :

-1000 0 instead of -1000 1000
Attached images
clutch.jpg

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG