The online racing simulator
Lemon Fantomas
(41 posts, started )
That is a interesting trick!
I need to check this Traction too!
After the last update a lot of test driving and cross-checking with newly obtained sources, I have become satisfied with the mod physics and the force-feedback. Both stock ID and DS can be simulated using voluntary restrictions (instructions can be found in the mod information page) and multiple custom rally versions are also configurable.

From this point, the derivatives of the mod are allowed under the LFS Vehicle License Smile
Found a little "bug"

When using the Wheel on the Right side, the indicator lights on the dashboard are reversed/flipped (See attachment below)
Attached images
lemon-bug01.jpg
lemon-bug01a.jpg
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Found a little "bug")

Thanks for reporting Smile It was quite tricky (needed a completely new special separate mapping) but should be fixed now.
Thanks a lot for mod ratings Smile The mod approval made my day Smile
That is deserved!
This is one of my favorite french car mods by far! Great work!
I didn't got much time around and inside on old DS IRL (despite my grandad owned a bunch Big grin ) but for the few i know, and the few km i could have drove in one, i'm impressed by the work you've done.

I've just been confused by the counter jauges, i've never seen one like this, only got to know the rectangular box and the "3 eyes" counter but the jauges aren't placed like you did. But after a little research i've found that there is indeed a 3rd version which is like yours, made especially for the UK sales Big grin

I hope you have some more lemons on your drawing table coming soon Big grin
Thanks Smile
Quote from Kova. :I've just been confused by the counter jauges, i've never seen one like this, only got to know the rectangular box and the "3 eyes" counter but the jauges aren't placed like you did.

Yes, the gauges are simplified (it is not a detailed replica and some details are modified, but physics should be as realistic as possible). The stock DS was under-powered for a racing sim. Therefore, the mod was based on the Connaught GT Citroen ID, which was lighter, faster and had circular gauges (mine are little different to show more data). Later I have found the Ricou engine modifications, which are more suitable for racing. Have changed the specs but not the model as the design of good-looking rectangular gauges is complex in the LFS editor. It is left for future work.

Quote from Kova. :I hope you have some more lemons on your drawing table coming soon Big grin

There are many mods out there, so I have decided to increase the quality of existing mods rather than make new ones. But yes, I have some cars on my personal wish-list such as the Škoda Felicia Kit Car, the Citroen 2CV6 and the Tatra 87, but do not have enough time to create them at the moment. Maybe in the distant future Smile
Quote from stuchlo :

There are many mods out there, so I have decided to increase the quality of existing mods rather than make new ones. But yes, I have some cars on my personal wish-list such as the Škoda Felicia Kit Car, the Citroen 2CV6 and the Tatra 87, but do not have enough time to create them at the moment. Maybe in the distant future Smile

Great philosophy keep up the good work!
Thanks Smile
Update:
Fantomas got more accurate rims, numberplates and a better steering animation. I have also created multiple cruise setups based on a real cars built between 1957 and 1968. The "basic" versions are a tribute to ID models and the "luxury" models are based on the Déese. The British sport version is inspired by Connaught GT converted ID.Note that the "luxury" versions have "feedback-less" power-steering and automatic clutch. Therefore, when using luxury versions an in-game automatic clutch must be used and the force-feedback strength must be zero Smile
Update:
During a graphical rework of the Hadimrska mod I have learned a way how to combine two mappings. I have used this trick to fix the issue with missing numberplates after collision and to create a special dirt effect where mud alters the shading of a car skin. Therefore, I removed the dirt from the default skins and left it as an alternative configuration.
Attached images
fantomas16.jpg
slick!
Amazing! I noticed the plates the other day, it make it even more old french Big grin
thanks Smile

Update: I did not like the tire overheating during racing and tried to do more research about tire sizes used on rally cars. Unfortunately, I did not find if there were some more suitable tire sizes than the stock ones. However, looking through the tire sizes showed that I made a mistake in the stock sizes.

To fix this, I have used the size of the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS tires and fitted them to all wheels. These were used on 1965-1973 models and are the only original DS/ID tire sizes, which can be defined in the LFS editor (the original DS/ID saloons had smaller tires in the back but today it is recommended to use the same size for all wheels, which is also more suitable for racing).

The mod is a little more stable now and is visually better proportioned, when compared to photos of real cars. The tire overheating is slightly better, but still there.
Quote from stuchlo :An accidentally found bug enabled a visual improvement of headlights (when more than one texture is used for light mappings, the lights can "switch" between two overlay modes) as can be seen in the picture. From the top: the old shading, the current shading and the current shading with a damaged headlight

Just for info, this workaround is outdated in the current version and was removed from the mod.

However, the good news is that the current test version enables to create a realistic DS/ID dashboard so I will update it, when I will have some time Smile
Will be featured Wednesday 27 on lfsfrance Christmas Rallycross!
Very enjoyable drive!

Lemon Fantomas
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG