The online racing simulator
IZH 2715 / 27151
This is my second job to create a full-fledged car in 3d for Live For Speed.
To create this model, I use photogrammetry and measurements of the car body on whose basis it was made by the manufacturer, so the dimensions will be as close to real ones as possible.
This is a restyled version of IZH 2715 1982, the production of which was started in 1972 on the basis of the IZH Moskvich 412 car, which in turn was a cheaper clone of AZLK Moskvich 412, model of 1969.
In 1982, the restyling of IZH 2715 took place and the car was greatly reduced in cost in production and the design was simplified in favor of black elements instead of chrome, this was considered more modern in the Soviet Union, although many consider the design of IZH to be very controversial.

In addition to the Soviet Union, this car was actively exported to many parts of the earth, most often it can be found in Finland in an long version 27151-013-01 or another name - Elite Pickup

These are just sketches, the detailing of the body will change as work progresses with the model, some elements may be changed in whole or in part.
Attached images
xQYYHUsB13k.jpg
MMO3FvHsWsU.jpg
ИЖ.jpg
While most modders are torturing original LFS cars, we continue. slowly but surely. the radiator grille is finished, emblem, wipers, I don’t undertake a more accurate body detailing until I measure the profile of some parts important for the correct geometry, I am waiting for a photo of the cargo compartment and B-pillars from the owner of such a car.

Nice work. I think that most original work end up best rated than tweak mods... So yeah people notice the hard work!
We continue to work, although there are few messages in the topic, but, people ask me questions - where is IZH)
IZH 27151 - Pickup modification
And this - IZH 2715 - Van, In Russia it is also called "Heel"
That’s a great looking model Vladimir! I’m so excited for your work
Updated the geometry of the front end, sills and sidewalls, a little more and on the body it will be possible to make a complete detailed wireframe.

#8 - VladM
Great work! Cant wait to play this
More upd
I continue to work on IZH 27151 (Pickup), many new parts have been added, the body geometry has improved, a tailgate has appeared, alas, the 32k polygon limit creates severe problems in creating high-quality content, especially in such an old car with a lot of convex details.
It's also sad enough that most modmakers prefer to make stupid and unnecessary modifications of standard cars, guys, we've been driving them for 20 years now, aren't you tired of it? And the saddest thing is that really good mods sometimes don't get a deserving rating.

This is looking really good! Hope you can overcome the modest limits.
Quote from PeterN :This is looking really good! Hope you can overcome the modest limits.

We will try, but it seems that the final version will be under the very bar of the limit)
Remember that you can import just one half of the car that can be mirrored in the editor, so you can get up to 65k triangles in the output model.

Great job with the model so far! Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :Remember that you can import just one half of the car that can be mirrored in the editor, so you can get up to 65k triangles in the output model.

Great job with the model so far! Smile

Alas, half of the car - saves the weight of the final file, but in no way makes it possible to add more polygons.
True, but 65k is better than 32k Smile If you import the whole car, it can only have 32k, but if you import just half of it and then mirror it, it can have up to 65k.
Back is almost finished
Nice!
Looking good!
Having finished the back panel, I began to finish the sidewall, the shape of the rear arch is now more correct and more accurately scanned from a real car, I also added stiffeners, a few more edits and I will move on to the interior.
Any progress?
Quote from loopingz :Any progress?

I am gradually recreating the details of the interior, the main part of the progress is planned for the winter, because the car I have for a sample is used as a weekend car and you can't leave it disassembled, in winter it will be possible to remove other interior details and fully scan. When the interior is ready , I will have an understanding of how many polygons will still be left in order to use them on a more accurate detailing of the body.
Winter has come, which means that it's time to take the time to develop over a cup of hot coffee by a warm battery.
I made leashes and wiper blades, continued to make small things around the cabin, experimented with optics, but its appearance will be clear only with updated graphics.

I started the steering wheel according to the factory drawing.
Hello everyone, due to being busy I didn’t have time to continue working.
Started working on the dashboard model

Almost finished look, it took about 4 days to recreate the correct shape, I wanted to recreate maximum accuracy and I almost succeeded, the body also underwent changes, but more on that later, I will say this - some elements were made using laser scanning and inaccuracy - minimal.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG