The online racing simulator
Little updates:
-Watanabe wheel Air Nipple added.
-Rear window heater added. (did the best I could while saving some mesh and texture resources, since IRL S13's rear heater pattern looks complicated)
Game crashes with duplicated inner window, if you have solution, please answer in this thread:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2001712#post2001712

Quote from Egor K :
I like the fact that stock version comes first. Despite stock wheels sinking in arches (which is real).

Yeah. I think many mods are lack of the roots. They'd better make a stock versions first. Then mod it. That would be more interesting. Plus it's easier to fit all parts in future when you have a stable base model.
P.S.
Just noticed that i need a stock brake calipers for this car. These are Z32's, which is a mod IRL.
Attached images
lfs_00000252.jpg
lfs_00000256.jpg
It was a hard task to make chassis look good again in 0.7 LFS.

Problem was this:

What was made recently:

+ Interior mirrors are in place now
+ Digital clock now shows real time
+ Steering wheel + column position adjusted
+ Seat position adjusted + animation fix
+ Added real center console gauges instead of static textures
+ Chrome and Metal added, where needed.
~ Added four configs (not actually an update, since they were planned as different cars from the day one).
+ Proper ear windshield texture (with heater, visible from outside and inside)
+ Global texture rework (multiple samples united into pages)
+ Unique wheels
+ Unique suspension geometry updated.
+ Unique masses
+ Unique LOD2 with working lights and unique shadows for all configs
+ Unique LOD3
+ Body and interior groups fix
+ Chassis groups fix
+ Arai GP-5 Helmet model with two skins

Now opponent's braking points can be seen from distance due to fully working lights (headlights and turnsignals are visible from distace too).

Much time spent on Arai GP-5 Helmet conversion from Jvinu2000. All credits for model goes to him:
https://jvinu2000.tumblr.com/

Still have lots to do before release.
Attached images
S13_GEN3_106.jpg
S13_GEN3_105.jpg
lfs_00000328.jpg
lfs_00000304 copy.jpg
lfs_00000077 copy.jpg
The Street configuration contains real life logos which you haven't provided permission for (Nardi Torino, Bride, Takata, Silvia etc.). Please remove them if you don't have permission to use them.
Attached images
lfs_00001392.jpg
lfs_00001393.jpg
lfs_00001394.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :The Street configuration contains real life logos which you haven't provided permission for (Nardi Torino, Bride, Takata, Silvia etc.). Please remove them if you don't have permission to use them.

Apologies. I've mistakenly uploaded version with all configs and private WIP textures. Will be fixed in next version, it will take time to redraw all logos. The mod is private ATM and any access to it is closed to public.
It's been a while. I'm back from half-year pause (really had no mood for anything since February, 24th).

None updates been made to mod itself, but few more parts I've made to bring this mod closer to finished status. Here are some pictures from modeling process and tests(0.6U):

+ OEM wing
+ 3 types of exhausts. Stock, Street, Track (VOB mod heritage >XRG/XRT/XRR)
+ Propeller shat, differential, drive shafts.
+ Fuel tank (New version).
+ NISMO style hood (New version).
+ Factory brakes for the stock version.
+ Full Zenki (aka CA Aero) kit is finished.

The diagram picture shows how inaccurate my suspension model is (something in between S13 and S14). Anyway it was made from photos, so the result is not that bad, and since LFS has no multilink option and no chance to make arms active at all, I will leave it as is with some minor changes.

For those who ask about release: STOCK VERSION COMES FIRTS. I won't release any of that crazy tuner cars with wide bodykits and fancy wings until i get the basic model as it should be. I still lack of CA18DE/DET and SR20DE/DET is still unfinished. Also some parts, mappings textures and configurations has to be optimised for gpaphical savings.
Attached images
S13_GEN3_107.jpg
S13_GEN3_112.jpg
S13_GEN3_113.jpg
S13_GEN3_114.jpg
S13_GEN3_115.jpg
S13_GEN3_111.jpg
lfs_00000052.jpg
lfs_00000053.jpg
Nice work.
I personally really enjoy when people make a "stock" version of their work, brings more variety too.
Getting ready for the night.
Tried to implement my longtime idea(dream) of glowing glass:
Attached images
S13_GEN3_118.jpg
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Getting ready for the night.
Tried to implement my longtime idea(dream) of glowing glass:

I tried something similar, making a semi-transparent texture for the light, but in the game the light turned out to be dim.
Probably in the updated version of LFS, things will look like in the LFS Editor, so maybe it's a good idea to make the lights and other textures based on how they look in the editor, rather than in-current-game version. Shrug

My mods are a bit messy, because I did the opposite of what I just wrote. Big grin So when the new version is released I must update them all.
We had a special guest during suspension tests. 😉

Credit for helmet model goes to: Jvinu2000.
Convert, optimization, mapping, texturing: Snoop.Driftera.

Coming soon...
Attached images
lfs_00001289.jpg
lfs_00001290.jpg
lfs_00001292.jpg
lfs_00001288.jpg
That’s awesome!!!! Hot Version is a real thing in LFS now !
Quote from martin18 :That’s awesome!!!! Hot Version is a real thing in LFS now !

Yea man! I was dreaming of it since 2005!!!
I'm happy I can now implement many ideas from past. Sadly, the older you get the faster the time runs and it's never enough of it. Too much unfinished work.
Added: At the moment it's impossible to have different faces for every skin. Due to helmet's material properties of current LFS version. It's either unique face for each helmet, but they're all shiny as helmet's shell or there are different helmet skins with same matt face taken from DEFAULT skin. The other way to have unique faces is to have matt helmet shells which is not the solution either. I don't think devs are reading this thread, but I hope it will be fixed in future versions of LFS.
Really wish they were because this model has more detail than any mod out there. Keep up the amazing work ❤️ and yeah I’m with you on time for sure
Arai GP-5 Helmet Mod - Download

Snoopy's WIP Thread.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG