The online racing simulator
Legal Logos For Use In LFS
(24 posts, started )
#1 - Eric
Here is a list of Logos that we have legal permission to use in LFS, so far.

i3D.net
Castrol
Petronas
Bridgestone
Potenza
Michelin
OZ Racing
Sim Broadcasts
NDR New Dimension Racing
Credit Suisse
ATL Racing Fuel Cells
Avon Tyres
Dell

I'll Update this list when recieve permission to use other logos.
Attached images
Legal Logos List.jpg
so if BMW logo are legal, could we made BMW cars for LFS using real name and logo?
Thanks for that! Does it mean people are also allowed to put a BMW or VW badge on a mod car?
#4 - Eric
That's a good point.

I think we'd better not, because although we have the use of the logo, we don't have the LEGAL use of the familiar looking intelectual property of the car design to go along with that logo, if that makes sense.

Best not to go down that rabbit hole. Smile
Quite a few of those logos have since been updated (e.g. BMW, Dell) - it would be good to know if the permission concerns only those historical logos, or also the current ones.
#6 - Eric
I think it will be OK to use the updated logos.

I can't imagine these companies wouldn't want their latest logos to be seen ingame.
Right, we can't allow the use of BMW or VW logos on a mod, as it would suggest an affiliation with a real car. It must be obvious if a manufacturer sees a car that looks rather like their own real car, that we are not pretending in any way that it IS their car, because that would suggest they had some connection with it, which is not fair or proper.

So that's why real car names or logos cannot be used at all (unless you have actual permission from the manufacturer). Even though you do declare that your model was "inspired by" a real car and mention it there. It's not the same thing. That IP declaration is so you give credit to the inspiring manufacturer without suggesting any affiliation.
#8 - Eric
OK, Ive updated the original post and removed the car manufacturers logos.

They are legal for the track adverts but not for modded cars content.

Sorry about that.
I reached out to the very successful drift suspension company Parts Shop Max and have received consent from them.
Attached images
57201602-A0B2-437D-9249-0E0971681FFE.png
E7C017EC-FC50-40D2-A534-BE1F4C57569B.png
Quote from RE Amemiya :I reached out to the very successful drift suspension company Parts Shop Max and have received consent from them.

I love their products and costumer support, they are great!

Always used their coilovers, angle kits and couple electronics on my drift cars, really happy if we are able to use their logo in game, as I already have stickers on my real cars Smile

Very exited for this!
Quote from RE Amemiya :I reached out to the very successful drift suspension company Parts Shop Max and have received consent from them.

Wow thats pretty sweet to hear. Free publicity too!
Quote from NathanBrazil :I love their products and costumer support, they are great!

Always used their coilovers, angle kits and couple electronics on my drift cars, really happy if we are able to use their logo in game, as I already have stickers on my real cars Smile

Very exited for this!

Me too! I love them and I’m so lucky that I lived pretty near their factory and the race tracks in California and have gotten to learn from them.

I don’t want to step on the devs toes! I have sent them an email to make sure this is OK! There is at least one other big name that has said they’re OK with it but I can’t say that officially yet until that’s figured out.
Probably obvious, but better be safe.

Can old and/or alternative versions of those logos be used? Like Castrol or Michelin's older logos. Question also goes for using new/updated logos (e.g. Dell's logo is now surrounded by a circle)
Attached images
Castrol-zLogos-History-smol.png
Michelin-zLogos-History-smol.png
Dell-zLogos-History-smol.png
I believe this is no problem. After all, it's just a bit of free advertising for these companies. I think if good representation of different versions of a logo are used with respect it should be OK.
Can we have fictionnals logos from lfs here in png format ? Cocopine/reddex/ Scavier etc... thx!
Thank you Smile when u put a Skin that's more attractive for mods!
#19 - Gunn
Hi. I'm going to prioritize on jdm/drift logos. Here is one of the approvals that I got.
ShirtsTuckedIN / Tucked.
Attached images
314422695_946043703434636_5589623192372954644_n.jpg
Oh,i miss the Esl logo from the old version of lfsFrown

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG