Looks great keep up the good work Thumbs up
More interior stuff

Attached images
lfs_00000228.jpg
lfs_00000229.jpg
lfs_00000230.jpg
lfs_00000231.jpg
lfs_00000234.jpg
Yeah, currently working on the seat (and some irl stuffs)

Attached images
seat_not_car.jpg
Amazing! I find LFSE is very uncomfy in such tasks as breaking the edges and smoothing my models. It's unbelievable how you did all the job in LFSE...
Awesome job!
Some refining on the dashboard. There's barely difference but still a progress...

The seat (base came from stock XR)

Not quite sure about the texture. I think it kind of look good-ish enough.., or terrifying?

Attached images
lfs_00000126.jpg
seat_gouraud.jpg
seat_flat.png
seat_group.png
seatmeshback.png
lfs_00000127.jpg
lfs_00000128.jpg
lfs_00000130.jpg
lfs_00000132.jpg
lfs_00000122.jpg
think you could maybe use different textures for the outside part of the seat and different one for the insides?

edit: sth like this
Quote from johneysvk :edit: sth like this

But the actual seat got only a single pattern (tho each part can have different side of pattern)

And yeah. I use a noise effect to make/generate the pattern, just to see a little quicker how the seat to look like (one might think why the heck it looks like granite or something).
Attached images
mira_seat.jpg
cuore_seat.jpg
I think the indicator bars should be orange.
I found the seats' textures kinda sad looking but now you've shown the real counterpart, you've made a great job. Rofl

The only suggestion I can make is mirror the front left seat pattern to match with the rear (if possible?).
Quote from Kanade :The only suggestion I can make is mirror the front left seat pattern to match with the rear (if possible?).

Figured out how to use "u_" on mapping names so, yes (almost, because side mappings don't seem to like it especially when angled).
And the patterns stay on LHD as well.

Quote from X20XEV GM :I think the indicator bars should be orange.

Configs are based on very late Avanzato models.
Attached images
lfs_00000271.jpg
lfs_00000270.png
Yeah, I'm done with interior... For now.
Attached images
l500_all_dashboard.jpg
l500_armrest.jpg
l500_dash.jpg
l500_doorpanel.jpg
l500_mirrorb.jpg
l500_mirrorf.jpg
l500_seatbadges.jpg
l500_seatbelts.jpg
l500_seatbolt.jpg
l500_speakerb.jpg
l500_steering.jpg
l500_sunvisor.jpg
l500_topvents.jpg
lfs_00000158.jpg
lfs_00000159.jpg
lfs_00000160.jpg
lfs_00000161.jpg
lfs_pedals_ingame.jpg
Omg I been missing out on this mod progress!!! I can’t wait to drive it! The details are amazing, great textures! My fav part is the shift boot for sure!
That's not work, that's love! Nice progress. Smile
Been messing with rough Vshine/overlay materials.

So basically the progress got lagged for something not actually working yet in-game. (And not really a progress as outcome looks *exactly* the same anyway... almost)

But I did bodywork skin mapping a while ago atleast.

Edit: Yeah, I did say I'm done with the interior...
Attached images
D4R_test.jpg
vshinebonnet.jpg
vshineint.jpg
Looks amazing! Heart
Mostly Vshine looks best, the new version of LFS will support it. Thumbs up
Do I read that right:
The editor already has support for material types that do not work ingame yet?

Is that a steering wheel claw thingy? Looking
Quote from Gutholz :Do I read that right:
The editor already has support for material types that do not work ingame yet?

Yes:
Quote from Scawen :That's correct, the roughness values don't work at all in the old graphics engine. The best approximation for them is plain matt.

Materials with roughness are part of the new graphics system, and they rely on special shaders that are not easy to reproduce in the old system.

I have prepared an object that shows all possible types of material and can do a comparison between how they appear in the new system (editor) and the old system (current public LFS) and I have planned to do a video on this. I'll try to get that done.

Quote from Kanade :What's up with the windscreen/interior and hood?

Yeah, noticed something wrong around there when texturing the... vent? bonnet-windshield vent? And then "wth I did that?!" Thinking for a while and decided to go on anyway, along with making alp channel later for the non-working rough vshine/overlay things.

Unless reworking some of the textures, the only fix I could think is flattening the middle bit of the dashboard and bonnet by couple of cm or so.

Yeah, bunch of mismacthes. Those won't get fixed anytime soon according to my hands...

No real progress to post because I haven't made one (other than few bare fixes, 8JFZ does have abit coming up tho).
Attached images
texture_cluster.jpg
'97/'98 done for now
Actually,

And renaming car name to something more fancy because previous name Avante was apparently a thing irl.

Seat badge with lowest possible effort. Always ended up looking bland when matching the actual colour so I picked bright background instead. Seat badges and plates are skinnable.

Also attached an interior comparison just to show how much far off from the real thing, either I manage to not dig up enough references or I'm just crap or something. But anyway...

So other than those error and mismatches inside-outside and quick fix(es) and stuff, '97/'98 car is pretty much ready really (pending FWD version).

Now, hands up for those who actually want to drive this thing.

Custom shader came from this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/101639-NEW-LFS-SHADERS-for-LFS-0-7D

Cheers..
Attached images
lfs_00000195.jpg
lfs_00000196.jpg
lfs_00000197.jpg
seat_from_japan.jpg
editor_seat.jpg
interior_comparison_ingame97_brosur95.jpg
shift_knob_quickfix.jpg
lfs_00000198.png
lfs_00000199.png
lfs_00000200.png
just let it be both sides drivable pleaseee. btw its sooo nicee. i like very much thanksss . lfs need more stock street cars in my opinion

Chorus Attendanze - '94-'98 Mira / Cuore Replica
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG