Wheel shortcuts
Hello,i would want to request a(i hope)simple program which should be able to put a couple of things on my wheel.
The things i want on my wheel(Logitech DFP)are the 4 arrows(up,down,left,right) assigned to its directional cross,a button to cycle thru F9-12 and another 2 to restart the race and go to pits.
I know that some can be done by the profiler but i want something that just stays in LFS's folder.
Is this a hard request?
Thanks in advance
Logitech allows you to map keys on your controller to keyboard keys. Try using that program to map keys.
Quote from Dygear :Logitech allows you to map keys on your controller to keyboard keys. Try using that program to map keys.

Yeah,i know,but i wanted to just have a script and then drop it into lfs...
BTW,logitech profiler doesn't allow me to cycle thru f9-f12 with just a button...
The script to cycle through the F9-F12 keys mapped to a wheel button is here..
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... .3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle
That example uses Button 0, so you will have to figure out which button number your wheel arrow butttons is: Go to the controls menu in LFS and press the wheel button, LFS will tell you what button is being pressed as it will light up in the menu as you press it.

True, this script binds one button to cycle one direction F9-F12, but you can understand it to make another set of scripts to go the other direction F12-F9 with the another wheel button.

For Restart and Pit, just bind the commands:
/shift p

AND
/shift r

to a couple free binds in Controls >> Alt + or Ctrl + menus. You can make those binds activate with a wheel button press in the same menu.
Quote from JasonJ :The script to cycle through the F9-F12 keys mapped to a wheel button is here..
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... .3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle
That example uses Button 0, so you will have to figure out which button number your wheel arrow butttons is: Go to the controls menu in LFS and press the wheel button, LFS will tell you what button is being pressed as it will light up in the menu as you press it.

True, this script binds one button to cycle one direction F9-F12, but you can understand it to make another set of scripts to go the other direction F12-F9 with the another wheel button.

For Restart and Pit, just bind the commands:
AND

to a couple free binds in Controls >> Alt + or Ctrl + menus. You can make those binds activate with a wheel button press in the same menu.

Thanks a lot.
I thought it was probably an easy task but i couldn't do it myself.
13 years later... I will borrow this script! Thanks!
#7 - FIZ
Quote from loopingz :13 years later... I will borrow this script! Thanks!

Actually me too and it works nicely, even if I don't understand really why this is not already integrated into LFS instead of discover it randomly. Same thing about the directional lights, while I understand the script useful for complicated sequences or else and not really for basic keys or common behavious.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG