The online racing simulator
LFS master server Problems?
(36 posts, started )
Quote from Viperakecske :Ask the attackers why they do it

Most likely they won't andwer, but i can guarantee dev can answer and hopefully it get fixed
We're getting servers down more than a few times every day. This is a bit annoying.

Quote from Scawen :

Can't your team at least give us some IP logs from these so-called attacks on the master server? Even, if it's a proxy, there might be solutions you haven't thought of.
Quote from NumberTwo :Could you share if you know answers to my questions?

1. Would moving server to usa help?
2. Would using 0.6 version of lfs help?

I don't know anything, but you are welcome to try.

Quote from Ayoub2016 :Most likely they won't andwer, but i can guarantee dev can answer and hopefully it get fixed

I don't know why you think we would know why attackers attack our servers. When we have had attacks, they never make demands, reveal their identity or their reasons.

I'm fairly sure they enjoy watching people's fun being ruined, as that's all they can achieve. I think it's best to ignore them and not give them the attention they crave.

Quote from r3zp3k7 :We're getting servers down more than a few times every day. This is a bit annoying.

Can't your team at least give us some IP logs from these so-called attacks on the master server? Even, if it's a proxy, there might be solutions you haven't thought of.

I can ask Victor. But if you want a quicker answer, usually when we have been attacked, if I understand correctly, millions of packets are sent every second from spoofed IP addresses, so the servers can't possibly reply to all the packets, and they are indistinguishable from genuine legitimate users trying to access our services. We have a pretty substantial system, but the attacks have been on a huge scale.

The only thing really is to wait until they get bored. By talking about it, I think they feel they are making something happen in the world. I believe these attackers are very sad people who don't have much in their life to feel good about, so they gain satisfaction by taking away other people's fun. I feel sorry for them really. That's how I see it.
Quote from NumberTwo :Are usa and sa servers affected too?
Are older versions affected too?

Quote from NumberTwo :Could you share if you know answers to my questions?

1. Would moving server to usa help?
2. Would using 0.6 version of lfs help?

It looks like there are intermittent ddos attacks towards one particular gaming host. It appears to be the only attack vector atm, so to answer your questions:

The USA and other regions are not affected atm. Moving the game server to another host / region will help avoid the attacks.
And, even though in your host control panel you can only move the host between regions, it is possible to get your host migrated to another server in EU, but that'll have to be done manually currently, by an admin. So if desired, you can contact us with the request to migrate an EU game server to another host. I've done this now for your game server, because I think you'll want that Smile

The version of LFS does not matter - it's the location of the dedi.
Quote from Victor :It looks like there are intermittent ddos attacks towards one particular gaming host. It appears to be the only attack vector atm, so to answer your questions:

The USA and other regions are not affected atm. Moving the game server to another host / region will help avoid the attacks.
And, even though in your host control panel you can only move the host between regions, it is possible to get your host migrated to another server in EU, but that'll have to be done manually currently, by an admin. So if desired, you can contact us with the request to migrate an EU game server to another host. I've done this now for your game server, because I think you'll want that Smile

The version of LFS does not matter - it's the location of the dedi.

Thank you for this reply, also thank you for changing our server.

Version of LFS actually matters then, because at 0.6 dedi can be somewhere else, not lfs hosting. For instance rackservice.
I have the information of those who attack the server, those who play the game, and children who think making ddos ​​from ready-made sites a hacker. I reported this to the authorities, they did not take action, there is nothing to do, a router or firewall is required for the server
Smile
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by Scawen : it's not worth speculating
Quote from By Hizli :I have the information of those who attack the server, those who play the game, and children who think making ddos ​​from ready-made sites a hacker. I reported this to the authorities, they did not take action, there is nothing to do, a router or firewall is required for the server
Smile

I have been down that road, sadly there is nothing that can be done by the authorities if the attackers are from a foreign country. The authorities of for example Norway don't have the power to investigate cases outside of Norway. Governments will need to co-operate in order for ddos cases to be resolved.

I found a related case where this had to be done. The FBI teamed up with law inforcement and worked the case.
How frequent are servers down?

If I rebuilt my business, and was doing an event, and a server went down, am I basically SOL during that event? Are there dedicated server options, that would be hidden servers?

I am about to, but maybe it might not be worth it to invest more cash into my LFS event business.
It was the european server,which was occasianally attacked,I never saw any reports about problems with US servers,so in theory you should have no problems.
If you want to be sure about uptime reliability,open your LFS client,run a free host from it by selecting US location and check for any interruptions from another connected client. It won't happen in hourly or even daily basis though.
What is going on here? its ddos or what?
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2022-10-27 214454.jpg
Google/Bing/Yahoo bots? Shrug

LFS master server Problems?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG