The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :Go to Tools, LFS Vehicle Data Output Reader

Do we need the copy the info from there or is it automated?
i think you need to put it manually, but where i can get the cog percentages ?
The process is not automated. There was never an expectation of mods, I used this once for the default cars and never looked at it again. You may need to do some maths to get the rest of the values that VHPA needs. Weight distribution is reported directly in LFS though.
Now that there are 100's of cars it's a bit of a chore copying/doing the math for each car

Would be nice if in a future update the bin data could be automatically imported to a new vehicle in the tool for convenience and reduce human error copying
It's a pretty reasonable suggestion, though I'm not sure the bin files contain all the necessary data to accurately create a vehicle. The torque curve, for example, I think we used some acceleration data to work back from. I'm not sure if I'll ever do another update though, and while I'd like to rewrite at some point, time is very much against me.
-
(The Widget) DELETED by The Widget : just a test
Can someone explain me how do I make VHPA work with mods?
Quote from ACCAkut :Don't know if anyone cares anymore, but I just got your tool to run on W10 following a related tutorial, copying the files needed from the "additional VB6 components" zip (some W10 will not allow to be copied or overwritten, ignore it) and then registering files one by one until it ran:
https://www.urtech.ca/2017/11/solved-mscomctl-ocx-download-register-64-bit-windows/

Its still a very handy tool to develop cars for other sims Wink

I get the "Component MSCOMCTL.OCX not correctly registered" error on Windows 10. Could you please elaborate on what to do with the file you have linked? (Which folder to place it in).
That file on my machine is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Thanks Bob! I managed to get it to work by following the part on the "additional VB6 components" mentioned on your site under the downloads.

VHPA v3.1.4 [updated 26/03/10]
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG