The online racing simulator
GCSE results
(88 posts, started )
Quote from TiJay :Jakg: Sorry, should have paid more attention to usernames Point about ICT still stands though.

Leifde: Not Thomas Telford is it?

Nope, it's Heckmondwike Grammar, came fourth in the Guardian newspaper ratings or something like that
Quote from Jakg :what was your mark in english may i ask?
but i thought writing your own forum would give you a much higher grade

didint do it only did ICt my schools crap for only letting my do ICT i mean one of the teachers said to me you should be doig more then one i dont get it i hate the school good job am at collage anther 1 year at school i would of hit some of the kids becuase they pick on every ect.
i think i did quite well considering i did no revison

1 A
7 c's
2 d's
A bit late but I got 5 As, 4 Bs and a C. I also found that revising for most subjects was fairly pointless and for those doing them in the future looking at past papers is far more helpful.

Quote from tristancliffe :Thats what you had, but what did you do? Did you not use the answer book? I can believe how many 'exams' are now multiple choice.

I don't remember answering one multiple choice question
I maybe just slightly late..... actually, fashionably late i think

5 A, 5 B, i never thought i would get them
Quote from ajp71 :
I don't remember answering one multiple choice question

I can only remember one 'multiple guess' exam, and that was General Studies A level (the one decent Unis don't count )

But it was 12 long years ago, so things might have changed and my memory might have suffered....
#32 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :mwahahaha i havent done them yet! uh oh, less than a year to go

uh oh, here they are

Done a German Oral Exam (got a B), done my RS exam (which i think i've done well in) - Hoping to get mainly A's and B's, and pass (well, get a C or more) History/English/Maths Extension (i suck at writing and i spent 1.5 years with a teacher who taught me virtually nothing, i'm now working my ass off to go from an E to a C)

My exciting exam plan of fun
Attached images
Exam Timetable.jpg
I had my music listening today. I don't think it went well at all. Oh well.

Only 16 more exams to go!
Quote from Jakg :uh oh, here they are

Done a German Oral Exam (got a B), done my RS exam (which i think i've done well in) - Hoping to get mainly A's and B's, and pass (well, get a C or more) History/English/Maths Extension (i suck at writing and i spent 1.5 years with a teacher who taught me virtually nothing, i'm now working my ass off to go from an E to a C)

My exciting exam plan of fun

Wtf, history on american west? why the hell is that there, that is nothing to do with Europe at all :/
eeeeesh it doesnt seem like a year ago i was taking my GCSE`s. As levels now, but last official day tday! yey. i think im going to be a failure this year as i have no motivation whasoever to put work into my subjects.
#36 - Jakg
Quote from Xaid0n :Wtf, history on american west? why the hell is that there, that is nothing to do with Europe at all :/

you do one long study (Medicine through time, Pre-history to 1950) and a short study (1800-1900 - the plains, basically). It sucks.

The next years group are doing the WW2, and more specifically Hitler - much more interesting than the Mormons in Salt bloody Lake

Got the timetable stuck on the wall above my monitor - taunting me
We've done Russia during early 1900s, America during 20s and 30s and WW1/lead-up to WW2 in history. Two papers to do.
#38 - Jakg
Oh yeah! Finished! Wahey!

Now to wait for results :X
I'm currently halfway through my A2 exams, a bit scared as they're a one shot thing (hence the music I'm listening to right now- This Is It by Kenny Loggins).
I have my last exam in like 15 mins :P tis french so it should be easy
#41 - CSU1
...good luck lads, n' don't celebrate too much ey
hehe, i only have one exam left in my Junior Cert, its Technical Graphics. Its easy enough. I will get my results in October i done alright for my mocks - 2A 4B 4C. In England for A levels, how many subjects do ye do? is it 3?

For the leaving Cert in Ireland, we have to at least 7

Anyway, good luck to all who are doing exams at this time
Quote from niall09 : In England for A levels, how many subjects do ye do? is it 3?

i know at my 6th form college we had to choose 3 subjects but could pick more providing they didnt clash on the timetable. plus we have to do key skills. biggest waste of time ever thought of.
#44 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :Oh yeah! Finished! Wahey!

Now to wait for results :X

Wahey!

A - Maths
A - Science
A - Geography
A - History
B - English
B - RE
C - German
E - Maths Extension

i r teh winar!
Just got 2 of mine online

P.E D+ (had an injury during teh practical so thats what dragged me down :l

English D

More to come
Nice one Jakg (q) lol :P

English Lit - C
English Lang - B
Maths - C
Science - c=c (double award i.e 2 c's)
IT - C
RS - C
French - C
Drama - A
Electronics - B

Not bad overall
Well done Jak, nice results. I'm getting my results on the 12th of September
Congrats to those who get their results.

I got A,B,C,C,C,C,D,D,D,E,E but don't ask me what they were in only remember A was maths lol. It was 5 years ago though.

Have to say I found my A levels harder than my degree course. There was more work for my degree but A levels was harder work.

Edit: Just noticed I did my gcse's same time as Mr. Smith. Good year to do them I say
2 As, 4 Bs, a C, a D and a U

But that was, oooooh... 12 years ago now...
Back in the summer of '95..

A - Maths
AA - Combined Science
A - IT
B - English Lang
B - English Lit
B - Business Studies
B - Design & Technology
C - Geography
D - German

Are you forced to to RE nowadays ?

GCSE results