The online racing simulator
How did you discover LFS?
(118 posts, started )
Quote from alland44 :I don`t know how old the early demoes are, but I feel like I saw the first for about 4 years ago ? Could that be ?

The first demo became public in August 2002 (as mentioned 3 posts above yours ), so yes....
Quote from Michael Denham :The first demo became public in August 2002 (as mentioned 3 posts above yours ), so yes....

Too bad I have lost all my early LFS replays and files due to hard disk failures. Would have been nice if I could have checked the earliest LFS version I had on my computer. Hmm, wonder if I did upload any hotlaps to bhmotorsports.com... better check

EDIT: D'oh, the "Live for Speed Demo 0.2 C/D" hotlaps are not available:
Yeah, I deleted all of mine as soon as I updated LFS and they were not compatible. I should have kept them really but oh well! I wonder if I still have any of my 1998 GPL replays kicking around....
I found Lfs while looking for GP3 bits on RSC early 2003.Just checked my HD and found MPRs dating back to may 2003 and SPRs dating from sept 2003.
Think I came across lfs on a disc that came with pc magazine when it 1st appeared, then finally got round to buying it last month
Quote from Hyperactive :I just can't remember how I found it.....

.....So I think it may have been either a finnish gaming magazine's forum....

Same here. No idea where I first heard of it, but that forum seems obvious.
I remeber suprisingly clearly. An internet friend of mine sent me a link to it via MSN, this was back in hmm Oct 2002 I'm fairly certain. Played it on and off, eventually brought a cheap wheel and S1 in 2004. Not looked back since.
Hello all

I found LFS through searcing the web for a racing game and there it was LFS the racing simulator.

Tried the demo and soon bought S2 the best thing that has ever happened to me.

It is just brilliant and will buy LFS S2 for my children and am already telling everyone about it.

Well done to the DEVS.
A guy in my autocross club told me about it.

It's much cheaper than autocross.
A friend showed it to me about three years ago. I vowed that some day I would have a machine (I only had a Mac at that time) and a wheel that I could play it on. A few years later, it happened. The wait was worth it.
A friend told me about it. He got me hooked almost 3 years ago now. He told me about LFS when i was still running P166. Then got a P4, quickly DLed S1 demo and never quit since
I was mooching about searching for fun things to do for free, when i stubled upon LFS S1G demo, I only had a mouse at the time but I was soon hooked, I played the demo for little while and unded up buying an S2 licence just as S1H came out. I spent 6 or so months playing with a trackball, and then bought a crappy MS sidewinder wheel (no FF!) even though i was licenced i stuck with the GTi until S2 came out, and finally got a MOMO! I've since moved on to DFP control and XFR/UFRs are my main steeds at the mo'. I'm still not bored yet
A long time ago on blackhole motorsports. (When S1 was beta)
I found it on the Formula One 2003 or 2004 Season Preview cd
Some naab from one Estonian forum asked me in msn, if I have tried this, dunno it just seemed interesting in every way and I downloaded it and I remember sleeping till 6PM for weeks after that
PC Gamer(me thinks) Demo-CD. I remember it was the last version where the skidpad was available in Demo. good times!

How did you discover LFS?
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG