The online racing simulator
help in setting tyre preasure
(14 posts, started )
i wanted to know how do i get more tractrin from tyre
to get traction is by adding more preasure or lessen the preasure??
can some 1 help me i still a beginer
Lower pressure = better mechanical grip, slightly more rolling resistance (lower top speed), higher temperatures, less responsiveness

Vice versa for higher pressure.
A lower pressure increases the contact patch size and thus increases grip. But a lower pressure also causes a more washy feeling and the tyres roll over easier, overheating the outside edge faster.

Higher pressure = more responsiveness, less grip, less heat

Lower pressure = less responsiveness, more grip, more heat
How does higher pressure lower the heat of the tire? Im confused. Is it due to the smaller contact patch?
More tyre pressure stiffens the tyre, so it is deforming less. Deformation takes energy, which creates heat.

Also more pressure means there are more air particles to heat up.
[sarcasm]Molecules Bob. A partical is something considerable larger than Air molecules. Although I am sure there are some particles of dust, mites, human skin, oil and dirt rolling around inside a tyre but the air itself well, that would be made up of oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, helium amongst many others that will combine to make numerous Molecules of Carbon Dioxide, Water, Ozone, Hydrogen disulphide and lets not forget the ubiquetous O2 amongst, again, many others in differing quantaties. These are molecules, far too small to be deemed particles. And those molecules make up the consituant parts of Air.[/sarcasm]

Haaayyyyyy Thankyou.

Damn, forgot to put these in but I ain't going all the way back up there just to do it . . . .

Edit: that better Funnybear? Bob

-edit- it was meant to be part of the whole feel of the phraseoligy and flow of the piece . . . It just ain't as funny now. *Sigh* An artists life is never easy . . . .
Bob The Moderator will come and get you in your sleep for that.
Got toothache. Not sleeping atm. So, nana na na naaaaaa.

OMG! is he a mod now?

I'm sorry Mr Bob the Moderator. It was all meant in good humour. Please don't take offense Mr Bob the Moderator I am truly very, humberly, crawlingly, gut achingly, fly's open over glass-ly, most appologetically sorry.

(Do think that placated him slightly?)
Quote from Funnybear :(Do think that placated him slightly?)

I think he'll be angrier now. Bob the Mod in a Mood
I'm not in a mood... so long everyone stays on topic, dammit!
So we all have to sit on a bar of chocolate?

(GB joke. A Topic is a chocolate bar here in good old blighty. Got peanuts in it and everything. Although does kinda take away from the joke if you have to explain it.)
Quote from Funnybear :So we all have to sit on a bar of chocolate?

(GB joke. A Topic is a chocolate bar here in good old blighty. Got peanuts in it and everything. Although does kinda take away from the joke if you have to explain it.)

Funny englishmen ?

Noooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Do you belive in ufo`s too ?

(I have a feeling that I shouldn`t have asked yoy that question )

EDIT :

Sorry !
I remember one funny englishman. His name was Magareth Thatcher - He sure was a funny guy !
You dissing our Mags? Shame on you!! (ses he the uber liberal)

Anyway. Anyone got a topic around here? I'm sure it was something to do with Tyres and particles . . .sorry, molecules.

Me sooooo bad . . .
Quote from kenshi0007 :i wanted to know how do i get more tractrin from tyre
to get traction is by adding more preasure or lessen the preasure??
can some 1 help me i still a beginer

There is another way, for many of the cars.
Especially uf1000 and xfg likes to go with the offroad tyres.

Many sets has got offroad tyres, back. These tyres heat up faster and is easier to keep warm.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG