The online racing simulator
store setups on LFS server(in game upload/download)
I think all our Setups must be stored/backed up on our accounts online and when we login we should be able load them from server(in game).

why do I think its good idea and why it should be done as soon as possible? because many user will benefit from it (especialy new users who has no idea they will need to start crawling lfs folders, skins is another topic so I won't say anything here), they won't loose their sets, because and it is very unnecessary for user to save backups of their setup folders, when it can be saved LFS server easily here is math behind it why it is no big deal to do:

lets say setup backup limit will be 1000 for 1 account. 1000 setups weights exactly 128KB, now multiply it on lfs accounts(I do not know how many real working accounts lfs has, lets say 10000) 128KBx10000 = 1.28GB...I think it is very reasonable to use this small amount of space on already existing LFS server to store our setups. I think already existing server is more than capable to spare 1.28GB and more.

What if you are some kind master guru lfs nerd setup maker and 1000 is not enough for you? I do not know about u, keep 1000 good ones. in my 10+years of playing lfs I probably maxed out on 300sets if I sum up all useless sets as well, so I think 1000 is good number to keep them reasonable. even now my setups folder can use some cleaning and it contains only 138 set. this matter should be discussed, how it will be handled, what happens to sets more than 1000.

What if every user start filling up 1000sets online and much more users start playing LFS and 1.28GB is not enough? some attack to fill server space or something? for starters it can be managed like, for S1 100set, S2 500, S3 1000...for dead users more than 1 years can be sent warning mail to rejoin if they are interested to save their sets...and if more than 10000 active user will come, more money for LFS and couple more GB should not be any problem as I see it.

anyhow, there is some management needed Yes, but 99% users will benefit from it for cost of nothing and make our life easier, more users satisficed and not mad that they lost setups.

*edit: I completely forgot that there is already way to store sets on account but on LFS website and I do not know any way to accese them from In Game(perfect example of function that so unused I forgot it existed)...ground for this feature is already there, it's just should be funtional and easly accesable like in game setup synchronization, auto upload or something.
Attached images
lfs_proposal_setups2.jpg
lfs_proposal_setups.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-30 190437.png
It wasn't bad thinking Smile I loved the idea 😍😍

I also took advantage of the server-to-server track banners as skins
Second this! would be a great addition especially for the newer users
Sounds like a great idea +++
#5 - Racon
I made a suggestion (somewhere here) to allow sets to be sent to/from insim. I'd rather see that to be honest, because it would be more flexible. You could make the system you've described above with it, but you could do lots of other things too. ...and it would probably be less work for Scawen Wink
great idea, perhaps we need a shop type framework... for setups or even
a aftermarket parts-shop for modded cars and so on... beware gran toruno IIX Dead banana

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG