The online racing simulator
Creating a new generation for the XRG/XRT/XRR!
These days I was analyzing how people like the XR, it's the most loved original LFS car!

With that we had the idea (my brother and I) to create a new generation for the XR from scratch. It's a big challenge, we made some sketches by hand and then moved to the computer. Of course, these are just the first sketches, a lot can and will certainly change.

The XR was clearly inspired by the Mitsubishi Starion, and its interior is from the Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO. As there is no real successor to the old Mitsubishis, we were inspired by a sketch made by a South African designer, in which he made his digital reinterpretation of what he imagines the new generation of the Mitsubishi sports car would be. Obviously we want to create something nostalgic, more oriented to what the original XR is, but it served as an inspiration. The first photo is the concept that the Designer created of what he imagines to be the new generation of the 3000GT, and the others are our first sketches of the New XR! More details coming soon!
Attached images
MITSUBISHI 4000GT CONCEPT 2020 10.jpg
12.png
XR Design.png
New XR 2.png
After many, many sketches, this was the one we chose. It has already been in the modeling process for 5 days. I'll attach a photo of the 3d mesh later Big grin
Attached images
GridArt_20220313_093149833.jpg
#3 - terga
Looking good! Best of luck!
#4 - lfsrm
Well that's one less project on my todo list Tongue.

Good luck and happy modeling! Smile
I've been waiting for someone to make a futuristic looking mod for LFS. I'm looking forward to a release, good luck.
Hello friends! Thank you all!

I'm sending pictures of the progress so far. A lot of details are missing besides smoothing the 3d mesh, creating the interior and all the textures, but we can already see how the project is doing.

We created engines in 3d, and we thought of the XRG with a 2.0 Turbo and manual transmission, and the XRT with a 3.0 V6 turbo and automatic transmission (we will use the paddle shift transmission). We also thought of creating a version called Drift Pack, with the V6 Turbo engine combined with the manual transmission.

After the project is complete, we can create the XR-R, racing version.

More details in the coming days! Smile
Attached images
MOTORES.jpg
XR Design Definitivo.jpg
XRG REAR.jpg
XRG SIDE.jpg
I like this idea but don't lose sight of what XRG actually is. It's a cheap coupé. Your design is interesting but the proportions feel more MR than FR so try not to lose the XR DNA.
This is all open to interpretation, though, Good luck!
Quote from sinbad :I like this idea but don't lose sight of what XRG actually is. It's a cheap coupé. Your design is interesting but the proportions feel more MR than FR so try not to lose the XR DNA.
This is all open to interpretation, though, Good luck!

Thank you!

The idea is to keep the concept of entry-level sports coupe, such as the Supra A90, Nissan Z and Audi TT. The XR (more specifically the XRT) was based on the old Mitsubishi Starion, which was replaced by the 3000GT/GTO. If this car had a replacement these days, it would definitely be in this segment. Our prototype still preserves the 2+2 interior, and will have rear-wheel drive and longitudinally mounted engine. We can increase the frontal region due to the V6 engine, or even leave the XRG with a smaller engine displacement, focused on the market that the Toyota GR86 occupies.

More details coming soon!
Hello friends!

After a lot of work, we arrived at this result that you can check out in the photos, what we think is the new XRG! We put it next to the old XRT for comparison.

We resized the car to be similar in size to the Toyota GT86, a car that could compete with it in real life. We've increased the cabin area and hood area to encompass a front engine. In addition, we redesigned the entire back.

There are still many, many details missing, such as the internal area of the headlights, textures and creating the entire interior of the car.

The engine is still in doubt, but we think of a 1.8 Turbo engine with power close to 200hp, and a six-speed manual gearbox.

More updates soon Smile
Attached images
XRT x NEW XRG 2.jpg
XRT x NEW XRG 3.jpg
XRT x NEW XRG 4.jpg
XRT x NEW XRG 5.jpg
XRT x NEW XRG.jpg
86 X XRG.jpg
Cool mod, nice work there man. I'm really not a fan of those 3 pointy lines along with the hood, but the rest seems good.
Quote from rane_nbg :Cool mod, nice work there man. I'm really not a fan of those 3 pointy lines along with the hood, but the rest seems good.

Thanks. These details are air extractors, a small homage to the old XRR.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
I admire your creativity to make something like this,but please don't call it the new XR - I would leave the rights of this letter combination to LFS devs. People who create cars by themselves (and not just copy/paste some downloaded models into LFS Editor) should "found" a fantasy car company and release their creations under their own name.
Hello friends!

I've been working on the dashboard, steering wheel and multimedia screen, now we're drawing sketches of what the car's interior will look like. Logically we want to keep the 3 dials in the middle of the panel, like the original XR.

Motorization we thought and tested several possibilities, and what pleased us most was a 1.6 Turbo engine with 200hp. I believe it would fit in very well with the project if it were a real car, in times of strict emission standards, in addition to being an entry-level sports car. For the XRT version, we thought of something stronger, we still thought of a 6 cylinder (we will test), focusing on the segment above, and visual changes such as bigger and wider wheels, bigger spoiler, changes in the bumpers, among others. But first we need to finish this XRG. Smile

More updates coming soon!
Attached images
DASH.jpg
MEDIA.jpg
STRW.jpg
Quote from Eclipsed :I admire your creativity to make something like this,but please don't call it the new XR - I would leave the rights of this letter combination to LFS devs. People who create cars by themselves (and not just copy/paste some downloaded models into LFS Editor) should "found" a fantasy car company and release their creations under their own name.

Maybe use the name XR2 or another name, and the logo of my fictitious brand, Nortz (The same as the Nortz Expert mod, MotoGP). Big grin
Nortz XR2 [Turbo/GT/GTR] deffinitelly sounds better - has it's own name and yet has the connection you wanted.
Hello friends!

I bring updates about the project!

Over the last few days, we've smoothed the mesh and windows, redesigned the rear bumper, created the skins, created the outside mirrors, added logos and branding, removed the hood vents, and tweaked the mechanics and physics.

Now we're working on the inside, recreating a sketch we made by hand in 3d.

The result you can see in the photos Smile
Attached images
test1.jpg
test2.jpg
test3.jpg
test4.jpg
Logo.jpg
InteriorProj.jpg
Quote from Eclipsed :Nortz XR2 [Turbo/GT/GTR] deffinitelly sounds better - has it's own name and yet has the connection you wanted.

We also think it sounds better Smile
Added lighting! Smile
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
Just tested, making a comparision race of 2 laps against the XRT driven by AI (difficult MAX). Using the keybord for me is hard to take the corners in the cleanest way, but I lost only for 0:00.58 and did the best lap. On straight the XRT is faster, on the corners the XR2 feels better.

Really good job!

In my opinion you should improve interiors and sound. Also the dashboard (speed) was blinking, but I'm playing on very low graphics.
Quote from Biadonsky :Just tested, making a comparision race of 2 laps against the XRT driven by AI (difficult MAX). Using the keybord for me is hard to take the corners in the cleanest way, but I lost only for 0:00.58 and did the best lap. On straight the XRT is faster, on the corners the XR2 feels better.

Really good job!

In my opinion you should improve interiors and sound. Also the dashboard (speed) was blinking, but I'm playing on very low graphics.

Thank you friend!

Physics was where we strived to make the car fun!

As for the details, we are improving little by little. The car was much more complete, with more textures and interior details (like fire extinguishers, cup holders, seat belts, frame on the radio), but unfortunately I had to take everything out as LFS has a pixel limit for png images. I had even created engines, radiator, battery and transmission in 3d, but I had to remove it.

Let's get better Smile
This car is very phenomenal. Well designed and excellent on the interior. I do have a request, could u make a trackday setup and add only R3's and R4's? I would appreciate it Smile
Quote from Octosquad :This car is very phenomenal. Well designed and excellent on the interior. I do have a request, could u make a trackday setup and add only R3's and R4's? I would appreciate it Smile

Thank you friend! We are creating a semi-track version based on the XRT2 variant (2.5 V6 Turbo) at the level of Porsche Cayman GT4 for example. But a variant for Trackday based on the entry version would be really interesting! :-)
Attached images
20220713_145912.jpg
Quote from Flayer :Thank you friend! We are creating a semi-track version based on the XRT2 variant (2.5 V6 Turbo) at the level of Porsche Cayman GT4 for example. But a variant for Trackday based on the entry version would be really interesting! :-)

I'll be HYPED for it!

Looking forward to trying it when its released Smile Smile Smile

Creating a new generation for the XRG/XRT/XRR!
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG