The online racing simulator
Cherrier Picnic ('92 - '03) - a BeamNG.drive mod

The Picnic is Cherrier's contribution to the 90s compact hatch segment, evolving on their previous iteration of this exact model.
It came in many bizarre trims, as was the case with most French cars at the time, and was mostly aimed at teenagers since it was a very affordable car.

Quote from Momchil Dimitrov :Wanted to ask you if you agree to give me permission to make the Cherrier Picnic (under another name) as a Live for Speed mod? Thanks!

Quote from Lucas Wattier :Feel free Smile

I just bought the mod.
Haven't started to work on it yet, but I will soon.
The name for LFS probably will be PZG Compact or PZG Compact Hatch.

The mod is published: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/570374
#2 - Rubie
yesyesyesyes more beamng mods Omg omg omg
Quote from Rubie :yesyesyesyes more beamng mods Omg omg omg

Yep. Tongue

I'm almost done with the optimization in blender, now it's time to import it in LFS Editor. Big grin
Attached images
Untitled.png
Some screenshots in-game:
Attached images
unknown (1).png
unknown (2).png
unknown.png
#5 - VladM
looking great man, excited to see this finished Smile
Hells yeah!
#7 - URUQ
I love it in BeamNG! Imagine LFS collaboration with BeamNG OMG OMG OMG :>
Quote from VladM :looking great man, excited to see this finished Smile

Thanks, although I don't love the rear end, the overall shape is cool and the front is lovely.
Quote from URUQ :I love it in BeamNG! Imagine LFS collaboration with BeamNG OMG OMG OMG :>

I tried to contact them about making their official cars for LFS - they said I must obtain a commercial license, which I presume would be expensive. If we are talking about an official collaboration, I guess this won't happen anytime soon or at all. Big grin
Attached images
unknown.png
unknown (1).png
unknown (2).png
Should I add more power (~300HP) to the published version and make it 4WD?
-
(URUQ) DELETED by URUQ : idk
Pretty cool. I would love more BeamNG mods!

Also I have a request. To complete the BZ roadster collection could you add a electric version? Could be named BZ30 Roadster E or a sport E but more power for either of them.
Quote from URUQ :... maybe like trackday version of it 4wd with more stiffer default suspenssion, slick tyres option ,lil spoiler to adjust and 240-300 NA or turbo hp output just like in beamng ...

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe I will make a race / track version then. Smile

Quote from Octosquad :Pretty cool. I would love more BeamNG mods!

Also I have a request. To complete the BZ roadster collection could you add a electric version? Could be named BZ30 Roadster E or a sport E but more power for either of them.

Thanks! I would want to finish the PZG variants first. Then I might do a Roadster Electric. Big grin
Quote from Evolution_R :Thanks for the feedback! Maybe I will make a race / track version then. Smile

Thanks! I would want to finish the PZG variants first. Then I might do a Roadster Electric. Big grin

I be excited for the roadster electric Smile
Quote from Evolution_R :Should I add more power (~300HP) to the published version and make it 4WD?

Honestly, this would be good if it had the same power but from a 2.0 N/A like a Clio Williams or a 206 GTi

On another note, could you make the REVERSE gear shorter? something like -4.000? On stock set, you could reach almost 70kmh in reverse lol. makes it for a clutch burner in City driving.
Quote from [OD :Jardim;2005289"]Honestly, this would be good if it had the same power but from a 2.0 N/A like a Clio Williams or a 206 GTi

On another note, could you make the REVERSE gear shorter? something like -4.000? On stock set, you could reach almost 70kmh in reverse lol. makes it for a clutch burner in City driving.

Thanks for the feedback, about the reverse... in the original BeamNG mod is also that long.
I might make it a bit shorter tho. Shrug
Cute compact Thumbs up

A little mistake I noticed:
The front grille stays white regardless of colors used in custom skins. This happens with all 4 configurations
Attached images
lfs_00000115.jpg
lfs_00000116.jpg
lfs_00000117.jpg
Thanks for letting me know. Now I see what is happening... need to add the grill as another layer, will do later today. Smile
I think I've fixed it for the PZG COMPACT: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/570374
Can you check if everything is ok now?
These fake grill textures needs some more work to look better, but that's for later. Smile
Checked the PZG Compact and PZG Rally, the grille now shows the custom color, both the vents grille and the Young GTi/Dune GTi grille. Only one missing is the CITY variant (Attachment #4)
Attached images
lfs_00000118.jpg
lfs_00000119.jpg
lfs_00000120.jpg
lfs_00000121.jpg
I just updated the City variant. Smile
Talk about timing lol. As soon as I pressed the Reply button the City variant updated lol Looking

It works now also Thumbs up
Attached images
lfs_00000122.jpg
Quote from Evolution_R :Should be done soon.

I saw it and drove it and its great! Well done.

Also I have a request for the PZG rally. I get its a rally car but first of all its phenomenal but could u add a track setup with R4's only? I have been running it on Just ride in WE2 (Westhill International) and its great but i'm wondering if you can add it when u get a chance. I appreciate if it gets added, I mean for Popnlochnessmonster's RS1 Kenji RX he has R4's on it so I thought why not for PZG rally. Thank you!
Quote from Octosquad :Also I have a request for the PZG rally. I get its a rally car but first of all its phenomenal but could u add a track setup with R4's only? Thank you!

I have updated it - added track setup with slick R4 tyres. Smile
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/66C0F4

EDIT: It turns out to be easily flippable, I thought I could just add slicks and don't touch anything else... maybe I will remove this setup. Shrug

It needs a separate Track version, which I don't really want to do...

Cherrier Picnic ('92 - '03) - a BeamNG.drive mod
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG