The online racing simulator
LFS on M1 Mac
(12 posts, started )
LFS on M1 Mac
Hello everybody!

I really want to get back into playing LFS, but at the moment my only pc is a M1 Mac.
I have tried parallels/crossover but unfortunately LFS is crashing Frown

Did anybody find a way to get lfs working on m1 Mac?

Thanks
#2 - gu3st
It worked ok in Parallels when I recently tried as long as sound was disabled. Sound dropped FPS to an unusable level.

Crossover doesn't really work. Even if you do launch it, the FPS is uselessly bad.
Try Bootcamp. Lets you install windows on a Mac, with a dual boot menu, and EVERYTHING we tried ran well when we used to use a Mac. That was a long time ago, lol.
Quote from Kahn62 :Try Bootcamp. Lets you install windows on a Mac, with a dual boot menu, and EVERYTHING we tried ran well when we used to use a Mac. That was a long time ago, lol.

It's highly doubtful that bootcamp will make a debut for the M1-powered Macs, considering the fact that Micro$oft decided to not publish an ARM-compatible version of Windows to the public.
#5 - gu3st
Yeah. Officially ARM Windows is OEM only. Parallels is doing some shady things to get a version of ARM Windows to install for parallels.
OK, it has been a while, but I should have known that Satan would put an end to any freedom it comes across.
Hey guys

I have been playing LFS on Crossover Mac for ages, recently even used the LFS Editor.

This week I upgraded to Apple Silicon and am surprised to see that even the very demanding sim Beam NG Drive work flawlessy, also Assetto Corsa runs and looks better than ever.

So why would LFS not work? It's way less demanding. Can it somehow not be forced into 64-Bit?

P.S.: What do you guys get? I get a Blackscreen with the mouse stuck in the upper left of the screen
Ironically the LFS Editor keeps working
Im running LFS on intel based mac with playonmac, which works fine.
No experience with M1 processor, though..
#9 - gu3st
Quote from Mr. Apex :Hey guys

I have been playing LFS on Crossover Mac for ages, recently even used the LFS Editor.

This week I upgraded to Apple Silicon and am surprised to see that even the very demanding sim Beam NG Drive work flawlessy, also Assetto Corsa runs and looks better than ever.

So why would LFS not work? It's way less demanding. Can it somehow not be forced into 64-Bit?

P.S.: What do you guys get? I get a Blackscreen with the mouse stuck in the upper left of the screen
Ironically the LFS Editor keeps working

Crossover shoudl work because it does 32=>64 bit conversion. But Wine itself doesn't ship these (unless Crossover has also provided them to Wine).

I did get LFS working in Wine but performacne was very bad. Disabling sound helped but it took me some coaxing just to ge tpast the loading black screen (I forget what I did to fix it).
I somehow managed to get it working, but I need to test further to be sure that everything is ok.

I am now using Parallels with a copy of Windows 11 ARM and LFS is now starting/working.

Will get back with more results
-
(fastranker1) DELETED by fastranker1
Quote from fastranker1 :how is that works, do i need to download any drivers?

It can't work on the Apple Silicon based Macs.

For Intel Macs, there's a "Bootcamp Installer" app in /Applications/Utilities which then you select a Windows ISO, it partitions your HD based on what you select and then installs Windows. Once you reboot into Windows, the drivers are already there and ready to be installed.
That's so weird. LFS was always my go-to simulatior, because it always worked no problem in CrossOver. Assetto Corsa and Beam NG took a long time to finally run decently.

Now it's the other way around: LFS stopped working.

LFS on M1 Mac
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG