The online racing simulator
High fps scroll wheel bug [fixed in 0.6J but there is more]
(27 posts, started )
Hi, I had a look into this before the last official version and was able to reproduce the issue but we were out of time and I couldn't think of a quick solution. As far as I can understand, the trouble is that the mouse wheel cannot be 'held down' like an ordinary gearshift key or button. It is only 'held down' for such a short time (I think it was a set number of physics frames, or maybe only 1 frame) that the engine may not be sufficiently unloaded to allow the shift at that moment. I'm not really sure what the solution should be. Maybe it needs special code when a mouse wheel is assigned to shifting, so that instead of doing the normal thing (holding down a fake button/key for a set number of frames) it should do some sort of semi-intelligent thing like holding down a fake key until a gear change has occurred, but for a maximum of 1 second, or something like that.

Just to explain another way in case my text above made no sense - for clutchless upshifts you are really supposed to hold the upshift key/button on, then release the throttle momentarily, and at that point you release the upshift key/button. The mouse wheel as it is currently coded is not suitable for this as there is no concept of "holding the button on".
Scawen, it's not about clutchless upshifts.
Normal H pattern gearbox cars, work just fine!

Cars with a sequential gearbox and ignition cut, can be flat shifted, but only ignition cut is doing its thing. Doesnt click into next gear.

See the video I posted waaaay above.

High fps scroll wheel bug [fixed in 0.6J but there is more]
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG