The online racing simulator
LX8 GTR
(13 posts, started )
#1 - BIzO
LX8 GTR
Hey there! here is the car i'm currently working on, an LX car based on the infamous LX8 GTR from 2005 Big grin

I tried to match the engine to the 2005 version at first but realised it was too overpowered, so I reduced the power to match the current GTRs in term of power-weight ratio (specs in the attachement)

It also got bigger wheels/tyres, slicks, wider body to fit the new tyres specs, I also removed the carbon texture from the front mudguards so now it will match main body's colors Smile

I also added downforce physics to it so it could compete with the GTRs in the turns and not only in a straight line, there's no spoilers on the 3D model right now so downforce is purely ingame physics.
also I need to tweak the aerodynamics value inside the editor cause the LX is sticking like glue to the road and it's almost too easy Big grin

Here's me driving a lap on Blackwood with it

Hope you guys will find the mod interesting even if it's just basically a tweak mods with some body modifications, but it's a very fun mod to drive!
I always loved the LX cars and always wished a driveable version of the LX8 existed Tongue

also don't mind the bluetooth mirrors and the lack of windshield, it was just me messing around with the editor, it won't stay like that Ya right (but I quite like the look if i'm being honest Big grin )
Attached images
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
#2 - BeNoM
Looking good so far!
What about just letting this car using only ground effect?
I'm also making an LX8 GTR, but I need to get the tire size right and put in the correct colors.
Attached images
cover.png
#6 - Kova.
I'm just stoked to finally see an LX car with a steering column! Smile
#8 - BIzO
Quote from henricat2006 :I'm also making an LX8 GTR, but I need to get the tire size right and put in the correct colors.

I also making 1!Omg omg omg
#10 - BIzO
As you may know, the mod has been published! Smile

I submitted a v2 with the following changes :
- Edited the dashboard a bit, inverted water temp gauge with fuel gauge
- Moved driver position to be centered with dashboard
- Rollcage is now paintable
Attached images
1.png
2.png
interior.png
Car is good, but imo it has waaaaaay too much grip for a car without wings.
Quote from Kid222 :Car is good, but imo it has waaaaaay too much grip for a car without wings.

Agree. The tires are way too huge for such a weight and this power output, and the aero seems ... not in line with the visual Big grin
The sequential gearbox seems a bit strange for such a car, but why not ... it is fictive in the end !
Otherwise, it is very nice to drive, the engine sound is good Smile , but the initial 340hp should not be a problem if the "overall" grip is lowered regarding the performances.
Request for skining
Hi, I've been trying to put some LX6 skins on the LX8 and rename them.
It works very well, except for the rear mudguard which, being wider, generates inappropriate stripes on the outer edge of the mudguard.
I corrected this by making a transparent layer to put on the LX6 skin that I put here (of course, you have to recolour the layer with your colours)
a request too: would it be possible to make the front mudguards (not skinable) to be colored at the same time as the roll bar?
Attached images
lfs_00000146.jpg
lfs_00000145.jpg
lfs_00000144.jpg
E67FF3_LX8-Garde Boue.png

LX8 GTR
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG