GE20
(9 posts, started )
GE20
Vehicle mod: GE20
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/C90733

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Big Powerful Boat!

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Cleverly engineered 4-door German sedan!
It has 4.4 litre turbocharged V8 engine,
Makes about 523 HP and 750 NM of torque!
This beast is easy to drift, grip and fun to cruise with Thumbs up

Make sure to fill up your tank because it always is thirsty for fuel Nod.

Big thanks to NANO (E U R O B E A T) for advanced tubes and suspension geometry!

COVER SCREENSHOT:
very phenomenal

Its great to see more BMW mods in LFS
turbo BOV sounds weird, like it was a WRC. Also its louder compared to the engine
very nice car. gg

I just have a few suggestions:
- Make a config with tinted windows, but without the police lights.
- Remove the pops and bangs when you let go off the throttle, I think that it doesn't fit the character of the car. Its a big sedan, not a M3.

Good mod, good potentional

EDIT:
Thanks for implenting these suggestions! gg
Awesome mod. I have had a lot of fun driving that boat 😂.
Has to be said, this is a super capable car - I've been using it for COP work on TC without many issues once the alignment/gearing is dialled in.

My only real complaint is it doesn't stop quite as well as I'd expect it to, even after quite a bit of R&D, though that's something you can drive around it would be nice to see if more could be done to potentially improve the braking?

Would it be possible to get it in RHD? Perhpas with a little board on the dash for the strobe variants to show which lights are flashing? Maybe a police spec evidential dashcam? Example image here.

Finally, would it be possible to have some lights similar to the grille lights in the front windscreen glass similar to some UK police cars? Similar to this?

Great mod, looking forward to more updates.
I can try to improve braking but I dont think that I can do much about it, I'll try anyways
I'll convert it to rhd once I have time to work on it.
As for the police parts and equipment, I have been planning on making a police version with different parts. So I'll add the stuff you want to that version
I appreciate your suggestions and glad you liked it! Big grin Thumbs up
Bad engine change, that V10 leaks a lot on performance also its meant to be used in a R8, which barely reach 1750 kilos, and the GE20 weights 2 whole tons.

Also loss of turbo on that not ideal change, which also make it even worse, since the V10 die at high rpms, 6/7k ahead already no power at all, even making shorter gear ratio (which also is not a good option).

i'd say an higher boost pressure, and bit more of turbo lag (just as a bigger turbo would act), will fit way better than this V10 n/a which made it slower...
Any chance of it having a RHD any time soon? thanks

GE20
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG