The online racing simulator
How to buy a game for players from Russia
Greetings to all players! I hope the administration will pay attention to this message LFS.net . All reasonable people understand the situation in the world. But we are still players who love LFS. Players from Russia are no exception. The Russian LFS community communicates closely with each other, and we also love the game and want to play it. But due to a number of restrictions, we have a question brewing. How do I buy the full version of the game when foreign translations are disabled? What are the alternative ways? I ask the administration to respond to this question! We love LFS and want to support the project! Attention! I ask foreign players not to create interethnic aggression!
Perhaps get some voucher codes. But I'm not living in Europe so I don't know how to. Also I can't help you because the difficulties in remitting money from abroad to China.
#3 - gu3st
I don't think you'll find anyone willing to help circumvent sanctions placed on Russia.
Искать доверенное лицо, которое купит ваучер, например, в Казахстане, Кыргызстане, Узбекистане.

Банковские переводы в Казахстан пока работают. Можно связаться с кем-нибудь, чтобы он купил ваучер со своей карточки, а деньги переводить, например из Сбербанка РФ в Сбербанк РК. С Альфа-Банком казахстанские банки скорее всего откажутся работать, чтобы не попасть под вторичные санкции. Из Тинькова в банки РК платежи свифтом пока проходят, хотя очень долго -- валютный контроль теперь следит строго.

Но если что, я помочь не смогу.
Quote from gu3st :I don't think you'll find anyone willing to help circumvent sanctions placed on Russia.

Sanctions are sectoral (read here more, or here in simple words), and it's not forbidden to LFS team to sell to individuals from Russia. Nor it's forbidden to transfer money for individuals.

What stops people from bying LFS licence is

1) some banks close to the Russian govt being sanctioned completely
2) Visa & MasterCard stopped all support of cards issued by Russian banks alltogether.
3) systems like MoneyGram effectively banned in Russia

Buying a voucher via someone else abroad doesn't violate any sanction (or point me at one in the link above).
Quote :ironic isn't it

What did you find ironic in these words? Russian people are in a repressive system, the whole social component is built on the propaganda of excessive patriotism. But not everyone is brainwashed by this system. We are far from this, so we do not support any of Russia's actions related to politics. We are against it. We have a head capable of thinking and reflecting. Unlike our government.
можно попробовать тут спросить Shrug
Let's say hypothetically, that I could be able to help. How would you send me back the money? Smile Or is this more of "buy me a license please" type of request?
Quote from rane_nbg :Let's say hypothetically, that I could be able to help. How would you send me back the money? Smile Or is this more of "buy me a license please" type of request?

I can say to my russian friends about this particular guy, if he tries to help u with buying the S3, u must SEND the MONEY
Is that working scheme?Omg omg omg

But if we are talking seriously here, i think adding payment possibilities like Bitcoin, Etherium e.t.c will change something for "banned" countries
Quote from rane_nbg :Let's say hypothetically, that I could be able to help. How would you send me back the money? Smile Or is this more of "buy me a license please" type of request?

You should read the text again.
Quote from paket42x :I can say to my russian friends about this particular guy, if he tries to help u with buying the S3, u must SEND the MONEY
Is that working scheme?Omg omg omg

But if we are talking seriously here, i think adding payment possibilities like Bitcoin, Etherium e.t.c will change something for "banned" countries

It's almost like the countries being banned from participating in financial transactions is for a reason.

Crypto is never a solution because the overhead and environmental for a single transaction is so great. Right now you'd pay about $40-50 USD in fees for a $50 USD transaction to buy LFS S3.
in my oppinion, country should be banned. why? since war started i was having my name with ukrainian colours and i am getting mocked, laughed and cursed by russian players on S3 servers (especcialy that i am georgian). they are praising putin and cursing whole server ( i understand fluent russian that's how i know). it's just my oppinion...
Quote from kongle :in my oppinion, country should be banned. why? since war started i was having my name with ukrainian colours and i am getting mocked, laughed and cursed by russian players on S3 servers (especcialy that i am georgian). they are praising putin and cursing whole server ( i understand fluent russian that's how i know). it's just my oppinion...

You're taking a political stance, and all respect to you, but that's exactly because it costs you. If everyone around were positive about your stance, it would have been worth nothing.

But yours is a minor inconvenience. Some people go to street protests, where there are more cops than them, get detained, some go home, some get fined, some get a few days of arrest.
Quote from gu3st :It's almost like the countries being banned from participating in financial transactions is for a reason.

Crypto is never a solution because the overhead and environmental for a single transaction is so great. Right now you'd pay about $40-50 USD in fees for a $50 USD transaction to buy LFS S3.

Personally i dont know much about those fees u talking about, but some people who just into this crypto stuff, well they will have an opportunity to buy a nice car physics simulator and thats it.
Quote from paket42x :Personally i dont know much about those fees u talking about, but some people who just into this crypto stuff, well they will have an opportunity to buy a nice car physics simulator and thats it.

Somehow I doubt Scawen who has had a fairly environmentalist stance on things would accept crypto which wastes an incredible amount of energy and resources, especially when compared to the number of transactions it actually processes.
Quote from detail :

But yours is a minor inconvenience. Some people go to street protests, where there are more cops than them, get detained, some go home, some get fined, some get a few days of arrest.

Kongle is Georgian. If he's not too young he will remember 2008 very well. Not quite a minor inconvenience.

And that's the additional goal of sanctions, after affecting the government directly: Make life inconvenient enough for the (in this case) Russian people so that there's too many to detain, arrest and abuse on the streets protesting. It's how the German Democratic Republic toppled it's leadership.
Quote from ACCAkut :Kongle is Georgian. If he's not too young he will remember 2008 very well. Not quite a minor inconvenience.

What does 2008 has to do with his suggestion? Maybe go ahead, recall everything what Russian govt has done wrong to anyone in the world and then ban all the Russians on LFS for that?
Quote :
And that's the additional goal of sanctions, after affecting the government directly: Make life inconvenient enough for the (in this case) Russian people so that there's too many to detain, arrest and abuse on the streets protesting.

This shows you have absolutely no idea how sanctions work. You're daydreaming.
Quote from Foch_sho :What did you find ironic in these words? Russian people are in a repressive system, the whole social component is built on the propaganda of excessive patriotism. But not everyone is brainwashed by this system. We are far from this, so we do not support any of Russia's actions related to politics. We are against it. We have a head capable of thinking and reflecting. Unlike our government.

Thumbs up
Quote from detail :This shows you have absolutely no idea how sanctions work. You're daydreaming.

Feel free to teach me then. This thread is OT anyway.
Quote from ACCAkut :Feel free to teach me then. This thread is OT anyway.

With pleasure, as I have Masters degree in Economics.

First, if you cared to learn about the sanctions, the US & UK governments declared their purpose: to stop Russian govt from building weapons and financing their operations. Nothing was said about making people live poorly and go to the streets, as you dreamed.

Secondly, sanctions against East Block didn't make it collapse. Marshall plan, to build a display of free economy in West Germany and make people in the East want the same, did contribute, but wasn't the decisive force.

East Germany govt fell after the USSR had financial struggles (because oil prices dropped to record lows in 1986, check the data anywhere), and the USSR stopped supporting East European regimes, and they all collapsed in 1989 one after another.

Thirdly, read the history of Yugoslavia. Even after a total embargo in 1992-95, the Miloshevich regime stayed untill 2001, and he wasn't in jail till 2003. You may dream they lead to mass protests and revolution, but history says it doesn't. People become busy surviving, doing more and more daily chores.

After all, the purpose of current sanctions is to block Russian government and state corporations, not cut off services to people directly. Some Europeans decide to cut contracts with Russian individuals and businessess, but that's a matter of their personal preference and moral/aesthetic choice.

And it's up to LFS devs' moral choice, whether to allow selling the game to Russians or not.
-
(dfgjkl) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / provocative / posting in Russian on English thread
Ah, I lived through those 1992-1995, it was a mess. I was just a kid at the time, but remember that I had to stand in line for a few hours in front of a supermarket just to buy 1 bread and 1L of sunflower oil, which together cost an entire 1month salary of my dad at the time. By the end of 1994, the inflation was so high that we had paper bills with 12 zeros on them. Good old sanction days Smile
Quote from detail :...First, if you cared to learn about the sanctions, the US & UK governments declared their purpose: to stop Russian govt from building weapons and financing their operations...

Actually, the British Government regulations: "The Regulations impose financial, trade, aircraft, shipping and immigration sanctions for the purposes of encouraging Russia to cease actions which destabilise Ukraine, or undermine or threaten the territorial integrity, sovereignty or independence of Ukraine."

Further. "The prohibitions and requirements imposed by the Regulations apply within the territory of the United Kingdom (UK) (including Northern Ireland) and in relation to the conduct of all UK persons wherever they are in the world.".

Additionally, "the prohibitions and requirements imposed by the Regulations apply to all companies established in any part of the UK".

Link: https://www.gov.uk/government/ ... russia-sanctions-guidance

What are the consequences of non-compliance? "The Regulations make it a criminal offence to contravene (or to enable or facilitate a contravention of, or to circumvent) any of the prohibitions in the Regulations. Breaches carry up to 10 years’ imprisonment or a fine (or both).".

As far as the British regulations go, I would think a degree in Law would be more advantageous here than a degree in Economics.
Quote from sinanju :Actually, the British Government regulations: "The Regulations impose financial, trade, aircraft, shipping and immigration sanctions for the purposes of encouraging Russia to cease actions which destabilise Ukraine, or undermine or threaten the territorial integrity, sovereignty or independence of Ukraine."
As far as the British regulations go, I would think a degree in Law would be more advantageous here than a degree in Economics.

Thanks for the quotes. In this context "Russia" seems to mean state or government. If someone with Law degree tells me that it extends to ordinary citizens, I'll trust his judgement.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG