The online racing simulator
Škoda 130 RS
(50 posts, started , go to first unread)
Škoda 130 RS
Another legendary Czech car is in the making, this time it's the circuit version of the Škoda 130 RS Smile

The 3D model comes from the Assetto Corsa mod by Trained Monkey Modding, used with the permission of the original mod author Fuzo. For the car body and interior, I used their LOD2 model, and for the dashboard and parts that are visible in more detail from the driving position, I used the more high-poly LOD1 model. Overall, it just about fits the 65k polygon limit.

Base specs:

Here is a rough to-do list:
- underbody textures
- engine sound
- improve base setup
- skin support
- default skins

Attached images
lfs_00001356.jpg
lfs_00001357.jpg
lfs_00001358.jpg
lfs_00001359.jpg
lfs_00000148.jpg
lfs_00001353.jpg
specs.jpg
lfs_00001361.jpg
lfs_00001362.jpg
#2 - VladM
Absolute fire, keep it up flame
not sure if it's the part of the underbody texturing you're about to do, but you can see through the inside of the fenders, visible in your first and fourth screenshots.
Thanks for noticing that! Same for the side intakes. I will try to fix that.

Edit: Fixed Smile
Attached images
lfs_00001366.jpg
lfs_00001367.jpg
#5 - lfsrm
Probably very fun to drive just by the look of it, can't wait to try it!

I think the dirt alpha that you used on the front window needs to be toned down a little bit.
#6 - VladM
Quote from lfsrm :Probably very fun to drive just by the look of it, can't wait to try it!

I think the dirt alpha that you used on the front window needs to be toned down a little bit.

I have to agree, perhaps adding wiper marks would give it some nice detail?
#7 - terga
What a beauty Cool
Quote from lfsrm :Probably very fun to drive just by the look of it, can't wait to try it!

Quote from VladM :I have to agree, perhaps adding wiper marks would give it some nice detail?

I'll see what I can do. I tried to create a wiper effect on the Hadraplan, but it's not as good as I would like due to the limited bit depth of the DDS alpha textures.
It looks nice!
What a beauty!
Perfect, please clean windows before public release!
I have increased the transparency of the window dirt and added the "wiper effect".
Attached images
lfs_00001372.jpg
lfs_00001376.jpg
lfs_00001373.jpg
lfs_00001374.jpg
Also there's 2 configurations - closed and open window Big grin
Attached images
lfs_00001377.jpg
lfs_00001378.jpg
lfs_00001375.jpg
is there a drag penalty for having the window open? Uhmm
Aaaand it's ready for review Smile There are still some things left to do, but it will be better for others to test it as well so you can give me feedback.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/99532-ERESO

Looks amazing! Sounds amazing! But still needs some suspension work doesn’t feel rear engine. And it’s too hard to control for a car with such little power
Thanks! Yeah I’m not entirely happy with the handling either but I couldn’t figure out how to improve it. I’ve tried your advice with offsets but it didn’t seem to help that much. I wonder if it can be fixed by adjusting the setup only or it’s a bigger issue in the suspension geometry itself.
Is the control arm length exact to real life? I’m just thinking the axis point and scrub radius could be adjusted I’ll take a look at it over the weekend
I don't have the real figures. I tried to get the dimensions close to the data from the AC mod suspensions.ini file:

WBCAR_TOP_FRONT=0.349,0.116,0.06
WBTYRE_TOP=0.091,0.109,-0.011
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.507,-0.102,0.148
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.061,-0.118,0.012

I subtracted the first values of WBCAR_ and WBTYRE_ for TOP and BOTTOM and got these values:

Top: 0.349 − 0.091 = 0.258
Bottom: 0.507 − 0.061 = 0.446

and in editor they are almost the same:

Reference of the AC suspension:

Here's the photo of the real front suspension part:

I see that the inner control arm points should be higher up, maybe that would help.
Attached images
skoda_130rs_front_suspension.jpg
skoda_130rs_ac.jpg
skoda_130rs_editor_arms.jpg
skoda_130rs_editor_front_susp.jpg
Suspension will be hard to match, since the damper attaches in the middle of the bottom arm and goes through the upper arm, and goes up for another 15-25 cm. While you have it setup from bottom arm wheel side to upper arm inner side. I do applaud the detail work and the effort to make it as real as possible.

In short, another quality M.Kapal mod.
Attached images
F02DBD40-9161-4888-ACAA-CDD4D8AFB5F8.png
282AE163-486C-41FA-BFF8-71BF934D9AB0.jpeg
That’s true, I know about that limitation - however I could try moving the thrust bearing upwards to make the damper longer.
pro martin modfikation Nod
Quote :
To-do list
- make default liveries

I am making a skin, it is not done yet but will look similiar to the attached picture. are you interested?
Attached images
lfs_00000024.jpg
Sure, I can add it once you're done. The skin looks nice Smile

PS: Not sure what "Proudový Kouzelník" was supposed to mean but it doesn't make much sense when translated directly, because it means "Jet Magician" Big grin
Quote from Flame CZE :PS: Not sure what "Proudový Kouzelník" was supposed to mean but it doesn't make much sense when translated directly, because it means "Jet Magician" Big grin

I used google-translate to generate the most realistic czech driver names. Nod

Anyway, I seem finished for now. Skins are basically as in the picture except for minor differences but I can make more changes if wanted.
svg-file is included.
Attached files
5882E6_skins_michelin.zip - 1.5 MB - 175 views

Škoda 130 RS
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG