The online racing simulator
This is really cool. It looks like a legitimate European hatchback, which could be said of original xfg for sure. I really like how you have carried over enough styling cues for them to obviously be related. You should post some images of the two cars side by side.

The door mirrors are perhaps too small relative to the size of the car, but that's all I could offer in criticism.

Well done for not being tempted to go ott with the power, too. Keep it compact and not too heavy.
Quote from sinbad :This is really cool. It looks like a legitimate European hatchback, which could be said of original xfg for sure. I really like how you have carried over enough styling cues for them to obviously be related. You should post some images of the two cars side by side.

The door mirrors are perhaps too small relative to the size of the car, but that's all I could offer in criticism.

Well done for not being tempted to go ott with the power, too. Keep it compact and not too heavy.

Yes you are totally right, if you look at the more recent interior WIP images, you can notice that I made them a little bit bigger.

If I remember, 2006 was the year when the EU forced the car manufacturers to adopt a minimum mirrors size for safety purpose, so compared to most modern cars, I took the liberty to not respect this requirement since this car is supposed to be a little bit older than that.

What I need is some spare time to quickly export a wip model to check and make sure the ergonomics are usable once and for all.

But yes, there is some mistakes I made with the general car proportions that I want to summarize when I finish this project, as a reminder and advices for me and for those who are interested in cars creation.

Quote from Eric :Impressive and very professional work!

I'm loving the high standards you've acheived so far. Good luck with the texturing.Smile

Thanks for the compliment Smile, I will try to do better next time, since it's nowhere near the efficiency of the original lfs cars models.

Quote from VladM :this is looking very very good. genuinely excited for this, glad its coming along nicely.

Thanks, it annoys me how much little time I got these past months, I have so much personal projects waiting for completion, I just want to see the damn thing ingame ! Big grin
Very interesting work has a 206 feel but not a copy. Looks like you are going the good way!
Yup, this looks great.

+1 for keeping the LFS feel/idea and not just sketfab'ing the heck out of everything. Tilt

(I don't mean to offend most mods. Importing a 3D model and building the mod is really a lot of work)
This looks very great!

About the engine, what are you thinking about?

A 1.6 NA high revving with 130hp or a 1.4T/1.6T with 150hp in my opinion would be ideal for this.

Weight between 1030 kg (if NA)and 1090 (if Turbo).

Great job!
Quote from Biadonsky :This looks very great!

About the engine, what are you thinking about?

A 1.6 NA high revving with 130hp or a 1.4T/1.6T with 150hp in my opinion would be ideal for this.

Weight between 1030 kg (if NA)and 1090 (if Turbo).

Great job!

In my test version it's a 170hp 1.8L 4 cylinder, 1070kg.
Quote from Biadonsky :[...]a 1.4T/1.6T with 150hp in my opinion would be ideal for this.

Weight between 1030 kg (if NA)and 1090 (if Turbo).[...]

Exactly my thought, however Authors 1.8 N/A 170hp sounds nice too Smile
Hope it won't take too much time till we see it in the Vehicle Mod Reviews, can't wait!
Quote from lfsrm :In my test version it's a 170hp 1.8L 4 cylinder, 1070kg.

Sounds nice too!
I made some good progress this weekend, there isn't much left, mostly setting up and importing mirrors mesh, filling some holes and modeling the rims and finishing some of the texturing work (skin and other things) :

Attached images
lfs_00000013.jpg
lfs_00000014.jpg
lfs_00000015.jpg
lfs_00000016.jpg
lfs_00000017.jpg
lfs_00000018.jpg
#61 - Eric
Thumbs up
Car looks awesome,
Dang, good work!
#64 - CV95
I love the details. Car looks amazing, but I don't think the logo fits the whole spirit/concept of the car itself.
cant wait!!!!
Excellent!
Quote from CV95 :I love the details. Car looks amazing, but I don't think the logo fits the whole spirit/concept of the car itself.

Well the logo wasn't made specifically for the car, it's my personal logo (for artworks and such).

I will also change the name of the car, XF2 (XF3 or XR4 etc) are names that could be used by the devs in the future.
it is indeed very nice Thumbs up ! Really matching a real car that may exist !
For the engine, I would also be more expecting a modern small turbo engine. Like the 1.3 from its ancestor with more modern power output or even a downsized one like a 1.2 or 1.0 with 3 cyl producing something like 150hp Big grin .
But your hand-built toy, your choice Tongue
Very nice work, good job, it took shape really well Smile

Can't wait to try it out Smile

Flotch on engine choice, a 3 cylinders turbo would fit nicely for a 2014+ car, but it's supposed to be older than that (Euro 4 era), so a more in line with the 1.4/1.6 4 cylinders turbo at around 140/150 crank hp for hatchbacks.
I see your point and indeed the magical 3cyl era came to life with Ford 10 years ago and the 1.0 ecoboost Big grin
As this car intends to be mid-2000, the turbo engines were not really used in these kind of vehicles (non-diesel of course). So indeed a 1.8 or even a 2.0 NA is probably even more appropriate (i.e. : a Fiesta ST was having a 2.0 producing 150hp, a swift sport was having a 1.6 doing 125hp...)
I submitted a WIP for review, I need some feedbacks about the handling since I'm not really confident about the physics side of the mod.
Looking great in-game overall (the design is subjective). Thumbs up
I would like to have a two color rims.

EDIT: the handling seems fine to me (a keyboard user Big grin )
Attached images
Untitled.png
1.png
Quote from Evolution_R :Looking great in-game overall (the design is subjective). Thumbs up
I would like to have a two color rims.

EDIT: the handling seems fine to me (a keyboard user Big grin )

Oh yes I totally forgot about it, thanks for the report, I just updated the package with this change.
Quote from lfsrm :Oh yes I totally forgot about it, thanks for the report, I just updated the package with this change.

I've attached whl file (inside the zip) of the two color rim I meant - just put it in LFS_EDITOR\data\whl\ and load it from LOAD WHL.
I meant two color rims, not only two color border / whole rim. Smile

But this is my own preference. If you don't like this style, it's ok. Big grin
Attached images
1.JPG
unknown (1).png
unknown.png
Attached files
LFSRM LS GTI.zip - 8 KB - 212 views
setup wise, there's Traction control available, but why it turned off by default?

might consider to turn it on as default instead? anyway great car handling ! feels good to hotlapping at Rockingham definitely 5 stars rating for this !

XF2 ? (slightly newer XFG replacement)
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG