The online racing simulator
New Version 0.7C
(37 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ksa_land :Found a minor UI bug. I installed fresh full 0.7C setup. After the licence agreement in the car/setup view I opened the viewer. Here, the UI of the viewer is overlapping the back/next buttons (see attached image).

Thanks for the report - I should disable the viewer button in the welcome sequence.

Quote from lucasazedo :something went wrong in this patch. now it is no longer possible to race with Fbm, fox, f08 and any other car that has brake adjustment on the track, because whoever uses the arrows as a directional to guide the car is constantly lowering the % of the brake and stabilizer bar.

I can't see any difference between this version and version B regarding arrow keys adjustment of brake balance / and anti roll bar.

As I can't find anything from a quick test, can you tell me which version you go back to, to see a different result?
i cant start my game anymore, the screen is black for 2 seconds then it closes the game
I'm on 0.7c, I recorded a brief replay for you to see. the 0.7b2 version I was on before didn't have this.

in the replay I just turned the car, without having pressed at least the f10 key to adjust the brake distribution
Attached files
AA™^v Lucas_LA1_FBM.spr - 3.6 KB - 75 views
Quote from Scawen :

I can't see any difference between this version and version B regarding arrow keys adjustment of brake balance / and anti roll bar.

As I can't find anything from a quick test, can you tell me which version you go back to, to see a different result?

If you set the control to keyboard and then use your keyboard arrow keys to steer left and right it raises and lowers the Brake balance.

Not sure if its like this in previous versions as i usually use a wheel, but just reproduced what this guy has experienced
Quote from bishtop :If you set the control to keyboard and then use your keyboard arrow keys to steer left and right it raises and lowers the Brake balance.

Not sure if its like this in previous versions as i usually use a wheel, but just reproduced what this guy has experienced

only in this latest version, in others released before 7c this did not happen
Quote from charly.thorngren :i cant start my game anymore, the screen is black for 2 seconds then it closes the game

Please can you have a look and see if there is a crash event in the Windows Event Viewer? Sometimes this can lead me to the cause of the problem.

See in this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96121-Please-do-report-crashes

Quote from lucasazedo :only in this latest version, in others released before 7c this did not happen

OK, I've tested through the versions and I've found this changed between version B6 and B7.

I've made a note of this to check it out in the next day or two. To work out how it was supposed to work, what has changed it, why that is and how to fix it. There were some changes around keyboard entry so I guess this is an unexpected side effect of another change.
I don't know if it's related, but I was helping someone out with the the insim SCH packet and it isn't working as expected. If I set CharB to 105 (lower case i), LFS seems to receive 57 (9 key) and turns hazards on instead of toggling ignition. I hadn't used that packet before so I have no more useful info than that I'm afraid, no idea if it has always been so.

Edit: It worked when sending 'V' in upper case, the view changed as expected.
Not sure if this will be related but when you set the Arrow keys for steering and accelerating and brakes it does not show as having the keys assigned in the settings.

This could be due to them being already preset for something under the buttons 2 menu(image 2).

In the first image i have set the arrow keys for steering and gas and brake yet shows them as blank in settings
Attached images
Capture.JPG
2.JPG
I'm having the same break balance problem after install 0.7c version.
Quote from Coloflow :I'm having the same break balance problem after install 0.7c version.

Scawen has recreated the problem and going to work on it. I'm sure an update will be given soon enough addressing the issue.
This thread is closed

New Version 0.7C
(37 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG