The online racing simulator
Dunno how annoying this question will be, but given how LFS is apparently frozen on the current version for the foreseeable future, is there any chance you'll put together a Tweak app for it? IIRC you'd said you would for this or one of the last versions... a Tweak app and/or something like a standard NASCAR tweak preset for spec racing.
Frankly I'd lost interest in updating it until the new tyres physics came along. However I don't think the devs are allowing tweak apps anymore, so getting my motivation back isn't the biggest problem if I want to respect their wishes, which given my position, I really should.
Quote from Bob Smith :However I don't think the devs are allowing tweak apps anymore

That's too bad.
Quote from Breizh :That's too bad.

I hope you're being sarcastic. XD

Moreover, (from time to time) I'll play LFS whilst using Tweak, but realistically, the game is far more entertaining and rewarding when I play the game the way it was intended to be played.

Kinda hence why I've always enjoyed the GTi racing, more than the TBO, GTR, or Open Wheel racing series (BUT the KY500 is quickly approaching!).
The thing LFS emulates is the same thing quality .twk's model. More cars for more rubber laying, apex nailing, hotlapping or racecrafting fun alone on the track or with friends and strangers online.
is this still current or is there something better these days
LFS physics have not changed since the last update so it's as relevant as ever.
Well, now?
no physics changes Wink
hmmm, After the release of the patch, my machine began to jump like a goat ... maybe sanctions affected the "evenness" of the asphalt ...
No one will tell you the exact actual data for GTi. I mean the body, Fuel tank, Passenger locations sections. I'm just now discovering this utility.
各位大神,小菜鸟进来看看
Quote from DKsong :各位大神,小菜鸟进来看看

This translates as "Dear God, the little rookie comes in to see", so I guess I'll just say 谢谢 "thanks" Smile
Don't know if anyone cares anymore, but I just got your tool to run on W10 following a related tutorial, copying the files needed from the "additional VB6 components" zip (some W10 will not allow to be copied or overwritten, ignore it) and then registering files one by one until it ran:
https://www.urtech.ca/2017/11/solved-mscomctl-ocx-download-register-64-bit-windows/

Its still a very handy tool to develop cars for other sims Wink
Yeah I still use VHPA with Windows 10. I thought the instructions for installing the VB6 runtime components covered Windows 10 as well.

I'd love to make a new version of the tool at some point, that is much more generic (ie not so tied to LFS), supports way more vehicle types, and is written in C#. I'd likely need to be out of work for six months again for that project to start! Sadly I didn't get furloughed during the lockdown so I've been kept busy.
I also use it on windows 10, i dont even remember it being an issue to run it.

Thanks for the tool, I've been using it from like 2010 Big grin
Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah I still use VHPA with Windows 10. I thought the instructions for installing the VB6 runtime components covered Windows 10 as well.

I'd love to make a new version of the tool at some point, that is much more generic (ie not so tied to LFS), supports way more vehicle types, and is written in C#. I'd likely need to be out of work for six months again for that project to start! Sadly I didn't get furloughed during the lockdown so I've been kept busy.

what is this app for?Schwitz
It is to help you tune setups by offering numerical analysis to give further insight into the settings and how they combine to influence vehicle handling. The learning curve is a little steep but it's much more powerful than simple staring at lists of parameters and using trial and error. The idea is you can predict the changes you are making so you'll make adjustments much closer to what you want to get in the first iteration, and you'll also be aware of side effects.
Hello mr Smith, is it possible to use this program with modded cars? thanks to the latest lfs version
Quote from Ayoub2016 :Hello mr Smith, is it possible to use this program with modded cars? thanks to the latest lfs version

You can add vehicles but I'm not sure how to find out accurate numbers for all the cog stuff and driver position stuff. Also don't know how to save the car so it remembers it next time. But it is possible.
Quote from fatalunfair :You can add vehicles but I'm not sure how to find out accurate numbers for all the cog stuff and driver position stuff. Also don't know how to save the car so it remembers it next time. But it is possible.

I tried to find something in the lfseditor but i didn't succeed
LFS used to support exporting data dumps to give me all the information I needed to model a car in VHPA. Scawen added this feature at my request back in 2006 but I forget the key combination to trigger it now. The files format (extension: BIN) is not even listed in the manual: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/File_Formats

Edit: found it, still listed on the main site: https://www.lfs.net/programmer/carinfo - press O whilst in the garage

I've not tested with the latest versions of LFS to see if that is still present and working for modded vehicles. VHPA will not need updating though until the new tyre physics come out, at which point I would need to update the hardcoded tyre data.
I'm not sure if I'll be doing that when the time comes, it's been so long since I wrote this, I'd need to install a virtual machine just to install an old operating system (XP) necessary to load the ancient version of Visual Studio that lets me program VB6. I'd love to rewrite the program in a more flexible way but really can't see me having the time for that.
Quote from fatalunfair :You can add vehicles but I'm not sure how to find out accurate numbers for all the cog stuff and driver position stuff. Also don't know how to save the car so it remembers it next time. But it is possible.

Go to File, User Vehicles, Save Vehicle Data. Once saved, press Ctrl-A to bring up the list of vehicles loaded on start-up. From there, find your freshly saved vehicle file and add to the list so it will always be present in VHPA.
how to open the .bin files ?
Go to Tools, LFS Vehicle Data Output Reader

VHPA v3.1.4 [updated 26/03/10]
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG