The online racing simulator
VULCAN 998
(19 posts, started , go to first unread)
VULCAN 998
Vehicle mod: VULCAN 998
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/CB3723

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :998cc Superbike

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Ducati 998 inspired bike made in Blender.

Really fun bike to ride, has a lot of power and a lot of grip. Fairly stable at high speeds and no wobble.

Still missing a few details, will be added later.

Some textures are made by me, few borrowed from vanilla LFS cars.

Other textures:

Gas cap
Brake caliper
Steering wheel center

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Already rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
But we were in Take a Ride and this is, hands down, the best handling & feeling sport bike in LFS right now.

And it looks amazing too. Huge props dude!!
gg pro mod details!
just like 1st comment said, best handling in lfs so far
Quote from Medin1501 :just like 1st comment said, best handling in lfs so far

gotta add something after driving it a little more: I've never driven a bike before so idk how shifting really works lol, I feel like there's just a really thin gap between the engine and transmission to change gears, everytime I try to release the clutch slowly it quickly revvs to the original position and just spins out the tyres everytime xD idk if u can do anything about that but yea downshifting while turning is just a guaranteed spin xdd
Quote from Medin1501 :gotta add something after driving it a little more: I've never driven a bike before so idk how shifting really works lol, I feel like there's just a really thin gap between the engine and transmission to change gears, everytime I try to release the clutch slowly it quickly revvs to the original position and just spins out the tyres everytime xD idk if u can do anything about that but yea downshifting while turning is just a guaranteed spin xdd

Bikes IRL use slipper clutch to mitigate the engine braking effects. There is no such thing in LFS yet, so i enabled the engine brake reduction option which kinda helps a bit with that. For default setups it's set to 75% but you can try increasing it more. I usually try to avoid downshifting to 2nd from 3rd too fast, better slow down enough so it doesnt kick you off 🙂
Quote from Drifteris :Bikes IRL use slipper clutch to mitigate the engine braking effects. There is no such thing in LFS yet, so i enabled the engine brake reduction option which kinda helps a bit with that. For default setups it's set to 75% but you can try increasing it more. I usually try to avoid downshifting to 2nd from 3rd too fast, better slow down enough so it doesnt kick you off 🙂

thanks for letting me know, I'll only down/upshift on straights from now on xD
I've found rev matching on downshift helps a LOT but yeah - by far the best bike I've had the pleasure of riding on LFS.

Traction control on a super strict mode does also tend to avoid you yeeting yourself off on throttle.
will you make dashboard textures?
100%
Nothing to do with your mod, BTW but I have a true story about "Dukes" from the early days, that may interest someone. Ducati are true race bred racing bikes. They do well on race tracks. I have never riden one, but I knew people who used to, and visited some of them in hospital after the romance was over. I was told by a very respectful, long time owner what the trick is with them. Don't ride them "race agressive" on the road, as too many things can change there, without notice. If you want to flog it hard, use a track. The reason for this is that they don't like you to change your mind about a corner, half way through it. On a Kawasaki, or a Bol d'Or, you can come into a corner, and notice a patch of gravel on the road ahead, and change your line, and survive it most of the time. On a Duke, not so much. With a "Z sled", or a "Boulder", you have options. You can slow down a bit, and go inside, you can prop the bike up, pull the clutch in and roll over it, you can power on and go wide, or you can keep your lean angle, reduce power a bit, and adapt to what happens afterwards. On a Duke, you really only have option four, keep your lean angle, reduce power a bit, and adapt to what happens afterwards. I have no personal experience with this, as I said, but I was told this by the only one I knew who owned and rode them for over twenty years, and probably still does, without losing bark off of himself or his bikes. It's probably not like that with the modern ones, this was over thirty years ago after all, but the advise was, use a track, survey the track, sweep bits if need be, and then light it up. Be respectful of the power, and arrive alive.
BTW, what controller do you guys prefer to "ride" these bikes with. I tried my wheel, and could not make it to the first bend, let alone take it, lol.
k
when is the next update about the dasboard texture? I`m so excited
Quote from batya123 :when is the next update about the dasboard texture? I`m so excited

Ok so i kinda misunderstood you. I'm working on texturing the dashboard area because it's kinda bare colors but i guess you meant the dials, right? I can't really edit dials as much as i would like to. LFS uses special clock files that have moving needles hard coded in them or something. If you look at R8 dials, the needles are very short because they are covered by a texture. Now it might work for that car, it certainly will look bad on vulcan. If anything needles should be even longer, protruding to the other side. Plus there are some extra stuff inside of ducati dials that it's just not possible to add in. Till Scawen adds some special transparent clock file, i can't really do much. Shrug
Some additional Blender generated skins for Vulcan.
Attached images
CB3723_bone_2.jpg
CB3723_spiky_3.jpg
CB3723_tigerskin_2.jpg
CB3723_tigerskin_1.jpg
Puikus skinai Big grin
Bro, was wondering about if derivative mods would ever be set as "yes", i'd like to modify its engine and ride on a turbo bike with slightly stroker setting.
Great!
Amazing mod! I've been driving it a lot

VULCAN 998
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG