The online racing simulator
What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Do you think Russia has the right to invade / defend Ukraine?

No
Yes
"We can speakout against our governments and not have to fear harm." Zzzz

If you say so.......
https://www.employmentlawgroup.com/timeline-us-whistleblowing/

1974 – Karen Silkwood
Karen Silkwood was a lab analyst and union activist at an Oklahoma nuclear facility. She became concerned about health and safety issues at the plant. In 1974, Silkwood testified before the Atomic Energy Commission about her concerns.

On several occasions, Silkwood discovered that her apartment was contaminated with high levels of plutonium. The highest concentration was in her bathroom and in a sandwich in her refrigerator.

Silkwood died in a mysterious car accident in November 1974 while on the way to meet a New York Times reporter and an official of her union’s national office.

2013 – Chelsea Manning
Chelsea Manning U.S. Army soldier who passed to Wikileaks in 2010 thousands of pages of military-related documents.
The disclosures included videos of a July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike and a 2009 airstrike in Afghanistan and U.S. diplomatic cable and Army reports that came to be known as the Iraq War Logs and the Afghan War Diary. In news reports, Manning said she released the documents “to show the true cost of war.”

The material was published by WikiLeaks and its media partners – The New York Times, The Guardian and Der Spiegel — between April 2010 and April 2011. Publication of the leaked material attracted worldwide coverage.

Manning was court-martial in July 2013 and ordered to serve 35 years; but, in January 2017, President Barack Obama commuted all but four months of her remaining sentence.

2013 – Edward Snowden
Edward Snowden, a computer professional, created the biggest intelligence leak in the National Security Agency’s history in 2013 when he released classified information without authorization.

Snowden’s disclosures revealed a number of global surveillance programs, many run by the NSA and a global alliance of intelligence agencies with the assistance of several telecommunication companies.

Snowden is reported to have said that he couldn’t allow the U.S. government to “destroy privacy, Internet freedom and basic liberties.”
Shortly after the release, the U.S. Department of Justice unsealed charges against Snowden of two counts of violating the Espionage Act of 1917 and theft of government property.

Snowden reportedly lives in Russia after having been granted asylum by the Russian government in 2013.

And let's try not to forget... 15 Mar, 2022 12:34 PM

Julian Assange denied permission to appeal by UK's top court
"American prosecutors say Assange unlawfully helped US Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning steal classified diplomatic cables and military files that WikiLeaks later published, putting lives at risk.

But supporters and lawyers for Assange argue that he was acting as a journalist and is entitled to First Amendment protections of freedom of speech for publishing documents that exposed US military wrongdoing in Iraq and Afghanistan. They argue that his case is politically motivated."

Maybe you might want to rethink your comment based on evidence ????

Yes, as I've said Russia's invasion is completely wrong, but so are Western wars. It is a two way street.
Our illegal wars good, their illegal wars bad ????

I think that is called hypocrisy.

(Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles)
Quote from bishtop :
Quote from Lotesdelere :On the powerful russian TV Pervy Kanal, Vremia TV show, on Monday evening:
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1503446891014537222

Live broadcast is suddenly being cut. It's not allowed to think different than the official line.

That confirms what i've always believed, there's many brave(really brave) Russian people who will speak out regardless of the consequences to themselves.

She is named Marina Ovsyannikova and she explains the reasons why she has done it:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60744605
Quote from bishtop :The telegram channel and telegram itself has long known for the place to spread misinformation and has been for the past 2 years.
Not one post on that channel shows any evidence and is the same as listening to what is said on the chan boards.

All right Take Care Now, Bye Bye Then
Quote from dfgjkl :All right Take Care Now, Bye Bye Then

Its just a random account which holds no weight. You or myself or anyone could have an account stating information, but while its just text with no evidence shown, any post made lacks any weight to their claims currently.

Quote from Lotesdelere :She is named Marina Ovsyannikova and she explains the reasons why she has done it:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60744605

Thanks. Shes apparently had an appearance at court, but is afraid that she is going to be charged under the new law.
Like Marina who has an Ukrainian father and Russian Mother, i feel the pain for the many other people who have families on both sides.

Quote from Racer X NZ :"We can speakout against our governments and not have to fear harm." Zzzz

If you say so.......
https://www.employmentlawgroup.com/timeline-us-whistleblowing/

1974 – Karen Silkwood
Karen Silkwood was a lab analyst and union activist at an Oklahoma nuclear facility. She became concerned about health and safety issues at the plant. In 1974, Silkwood testified before the Atomic Energy Commission about her concerns.

On several occasions, Silkwood discovered that her apartment was contaminated with high levels of plutonium. The highest concentration was in her bathroom and in a sandwich in her refrigerator.

Silkwood died in a mysterious car accident in November 1974 while on the way to meet a New York Times reporter and an official of her union’s national office.

2013 – Chelsea Manning
Chelsea Manning U.S. Army soldier who passed to Wikileaks in 2010 thousands of pages of military-related documents.
The disclosures included videos of a July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike and a 2009 airstrike in Afghanistan and U.S. diplomatic cable and Army reports that came to be known as the Iraq War Logs and the Afghan War Diary. In news reports, Manning said she released the documents “to show the true cost of war.”

The material was published by WikiLeaks and its media partners – The New York Times, The Guardian and Der Spiegel — between April 2010 and April 2011. Publication of the leaked material attracted worldwide coverage.

Manning was court-martial in July 2013 and ordered to serve 35 years; but, in January 2017, President Barack Obama commuted all but four months of her remaining sentence.

2013 – Edward Snowden
Edward Snowden, a computer professional, created the biggest intelligence leak in the National Security Agency’s history in 2013 when he released classified information without authorization.

Snowden’s disclosures revealed a number of global surveillance programs, many run by the NSA and a global alliance of intelligence agencies with the assistance of several telecommunication companies.

Snowden is reported to have said that he couldn’t allow the U.S. government to “destroy privacy, Internet freedom and basic liberties.”
Shortly after the release, the U.S. Department of Justice unsealed charges against Snowden of two counts of violating the Espionage Act of 1917 and theft of government property.

Snowden reportedly lives in Russia after having been granted asylum by the Russian government in 2013.

And let's try not to forget... 15 Mar, 2022 12:34 PM

Julian Assange denied permission to appeal by UK's top court
"American prosecutors say Assange unlawfully helped US Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning steal classified diplomatic cables and military files that WikiLeaks later published, putting lives at risk.

But supporters and lawyers for Assange argue that he was acting as a journalist and is entitled to First Amendment protections of freedom of speech for publishing documents that exposed US military wrongdoing in Iraq and Afghanistan. They argue that his case is politically motivated."

Maybe you might want to rethink your comment based on evidence ????

Yes, as I've said Russia's invasion is completely wrong, but so are Western wars. It is a two way street.
Our illegal wars good, their illegal wars bad ????

I think that is called hypocrisy.

(Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles)

Not one case shows we cannot speak out against our governments! it only shows people that had leaked secret information and had been bound by NDA's within contracts. None of them had been civilians talking out against their government.

Cannot see what the case of Karen silkwood has to do with it. Not in the slightest. Sounds unreal due to her finding plutonium in her flat on several occasions. Wait what, she found plutonium that last for 81 million years on one occassion then went back to find it again several other times instead of never going back to her flat ?

Also sources state that Silkwood performed a routine self-check and found that her body contained almost 400 times the legal limit for plutonium contamination. Considering she worked at a nuclear facility that she had health and saftey issues about, that would explain her body having been contaminated.

Well no wonder she crashed her car then.

People always try to find conspiracies(especially recently) in things that are so simple to explain.
Quote from Scawen : So much better than total madman Trump.

I disagree with this, Trump was and still is not insane, he was and is incredibly stupid, vain, gullable and naive, but no, not insane. He believed that if he won the election he would be the most important, and powerful man in the world, and when he did, he found out truths he never dreamed of. Mainly he found out that the POTUS is just another employee who does what he is told or the people who murdered JFK will kill him too.
Quote from bishtop :People always try to find conspiracies(especially recently) in things that are so simple to explain.

Don't feed the troll Wink

Quote :The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

George Orwell, 1984 (1949 novel)

Quote :Just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.

Donald Trump, 2018
Gullable again. He never had an original thought in his whole life, someone told him that would work, and he ran with the ball he was given.
Just using the word conspiracy now makes you a mainstream media victim. The word no longer means what it did when I was in school. The same goes for vaccine, it no longer means what it did last centuary. If this is too politic for this forum, just post STFU and I will.
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :A few thousand years ago most people believed the Earth was flat

A few hundred years ago most people believed the Earth was flat, is true. But this is a few quotes on the matter.
"A few thousand years ago the ancient Greeks, who knew the Earth to be a sphere, were the first to use globes to represent the surface of the Earth. Crates of Mallus is said to have made one in about 150 bce.

However, it was Eratosthenes who ‘nailed down’ the concept of a spherical Earth, and who managed to prove it more than 2,000 years ago.
When Eratosthenes was visiting Syene (now Aswan), he observed a phenomenon that caught his attention: at midday, on a summer solstice, there were no vertical shadows being cast down. This happened because the Sun was directly overhead.
Upon returning to his city, Alexandria, the mathematician tried to prove if the same thing happened there. He stuck a stick in the ground to see if, at noon, it generated shadows or not.
And of course, there was a shadow, of 7 degrees to be precise.
The conclusion that Eratosthenes drew from this phenomenon was the right one: The Earth must be spherical."

It is only since the dark ages, that poor people were brainwashed into believing that the earth was flat. Many ancients knew the truth of it, and ALL of the enlightened ones knew it the whole time.
And by knowing the distance between the places, and using the seven degree difference, he calculated the Earths diameter quite accurately, within a percent or two.
Just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.

Donald Trump, 2018

Maybe he did have a single thought after all. More likely, is that someone told him a truth, and expected him to forget it before morning, lol.
After all, Don Don, who refers to himself as a self made billionaire, was the man who made a small fortune the easy way. He started with a big fortune. If he had done nothing but spend money as fast as he could, and simply put his inheritence in a ten percent bank account, he'd be much richer than he is now. If he had bought shares in the top 500 blue chip stocks, and did nothing else, he'd rightly be able to say he was a self made trillionaire.
No STFU yet, should I go on? Nah you guys, despite the evidence of the past forty years, believe that some governments are good, and others are evil. A half truth. The half where some are evil is true. You believe your doctor is on your side, lol, your doctor is not even on your doctors side. You think that the MSM tells you what's happening in the world, and not the lies they are told to say. YOU THINK YOUR RELIGION IS ON THE SIDE OF GOOD, DESPITE MILLENIA OF CONTRARY EVIDENCE. What's the point. If you don't look, you don't find. Does anyone remember any time in the history of the Earth, when things were all screwed up, and the government stepped in and fixed everything for you? I remember twice that that was tried, once when Napolean tried to liberate Germany, but the peasants stood up to him and threw off the cloak of freedom. You'll never believe the other, and literally hate me with a passion if I tell it to you, so i WON'T. I'd like to live my life out a bit longer.
Quote from bishtop :Its just a random account which holds no weight. You or myself or anyone could have an account stating information, but while its just text with no evidence shown, any post made lacks any weight to their claims currently.

Did you know blue letters in text opens urls? Everything is explained there with indication of sources and photo/video.while you show YouTube videos showing the aftermath without any evidence indicating anyone's involvement.
Quote from Lotesdelere :I'm posting an image of the text she has shown because it looks like it has been hidden by the russian media which reported what happened:

hidden? https://youtu.be/4euWzhPxBbE

Quote :The Ostankino court fined Marina Ovsyannikova, who burst into the air of the Vremya program with an anti-war poster, 30,000 rubles. But she was not judged for this. The protocol was drawn up for her video message, recorded before the performance, where she urges people to take to the streets. For a repeated violation (that is, the same live performance), she may face a criminal offense.

The editor (now, apparently, the former) of Channel One was found guilty under Part 2 of Art. 20.2 of the Code of Administrative Offenses (organization of an unapproved public event). She pleaded not guilty.

Quote from dfgjkl :
Quote :The Ostankino court fined Marina Ovsyannikova, who burst into the air of the Vremya program with an anti-war poster, 30,000 rubles. But she was not judged for this. The protocol was drawn up for her video message, recorded before the performance, where she urges people to take to the streets. For a repeated violation (that is, the same live performance), she may face a criminal offense.

The editor (now, apparently, the former) of Channel One was found guilty under Part 2 of Art. 20.2 of the Code of Administrative Offenses (organization of an unapproved public event). She pleaded not guilty.

As a person who is not free to think, or to share what you believe with all around you, I imagine you might think that this is reasonable.

But to those of us (AKA "the West") who have the freedom to think and the freedom to express our thoughts openly, this is an incomprehensible breach of basic human rights. Almost all of us do not want your way of unthinking brought closer to us.

Isn't it interesting, that YOU are able to use the thing WE value to argue AGAINST that very thing we value? You think you don't need Western values, but you live and breathe them here. That thing you hate - our freedom - is your oxygen.

Ironic.
Quote from SamH :As a person who is not free to think, or to share what you believe with all around you, I imagine you might think that this is reasonable.

But to those of us (AKA "the West") who have the freedom to think and the freedom to express our thoughts openly, this is an incomprehensible breach of basic human rights. Almost all of us do not want your way of unthinking brought closer to us.

Isn't it interesting, that YOU are able to use the thing WE value to argue AGAINST that very thing we value? You think you don't need Western values, but you live and breathe them here. That thing you hate - our freedom - is your oxygen.

Ironic.

You have a biased attitude towards Russians. Consequence of the influence of Western propaganda.

you wrote something about The cognitive dissonance.That is, in your concept, Russians and freedom of speech, thoughts in you cause a clash in his mind of conflicting ideas: ideas, beliefs, values, or emotional reactions.
Quote from dfgjkl :You have a biased attitude towards Russians. Consequence of the influence of Western propaganda.

I think perhaps you mean that I have a biased, westernised attitude towards freedom. We could agree on that.
Quote from SamH :As a person who is not free to think, or to share what you believe with all around you, I imagine you might think that this is reasonable.

The irony is that he explained that his poor Russian writing (couple pages earlier) is because he lives somewhere there, I guess in "the West". It's even more ironic to promote war without any commitment and in safety of the "enemy" country.
Quote from detail :The irony is that he explained that his poor Russian writing (couple pages earlier) is because he lives somewhere there, I guess in "the West". It's even more ironic to promote war without any commitment and in safety of the "enemy" country.

It's possible! We are not immune from authoritarianism challenging and defeating our freedoms. The younger generations in the West are also losing sight of what freedom means. Notions of ideas being "dangerous" - entirely antithetical to free expression - are becoming commonplace (even in this thread). We hear constantly of a "war on misinformation" in the West. But "misinformation" is not necessarily a lie; it can be a truth which is inconvenient to the regime or which deviates from the "official" narrative.

I don't know what the answer is. I just know we must have the freedom to always question it.
Quote from dfgjkl :Did you know blue letters in text opens urls? Everything is explained there with indication of sources and photo/video.while you show YouTube videos showing the aftermath without any evidence indicating anyone's involvement.

Like the website you posted which directed to a facebook account of a totally different person and not the Russian soldier taken prisoner.

Here in the next video, cluster bombs dropped from a Russian Jet

https://youtu.be/5D-2Rr7XplE?t=41

Yet Russia accuses Ukraine of using cluster bombs, and does not itself use them.

https://youtu.be/YxCxlxX1Nls?t=75
Quote from bishtop :Here in the next video, cluster bombs dropped from a Russian Jet

this is what it looks like cluster bombs dropped from a Jet.took the link from the comments of your video https://youtu.be/1__DS94pz1o

or

This thread is closed

What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG