The online racing simulator
CITY DRIVING @ SO2 (Cops & Robbers)
(34 posts, started )
lol, well there are a few city driving servers out there, and after playing on one, the layout they use on the Autocross lot didn't feel much like a city track where you could have fun chases and stuff.

So I thought of some places to make the layout, and SO2 was perfect for this. Here is the layout, some pictures, and some information:
  • Objects: 443
  • Track: SO2 (so you pit out facing the direction to drive (right-hand side streets)
  • 2 Roundabouts (sorta roundabouts.... made it possible to drift around them)
  • Multiple hiding areas for fugitives and cops (see pics)
  • Short highway divided by a wall on both sides (no crossovers), with 1-lane onramps
  • Multiple crossover sections in the street area
  • People on the sidewalks watching (track marshalls, but they are funny)
Enjoy, and I hope to see you guys using it on a server soon If you want to modify it a bit, feel free. Just have fun with it.

Attached images
cd_smallroundabout.jpg
cd_largeroundabout.jpg
cd_complexarea.jpg
cd_highway.jpg
cd_trickycrossovers.jpg
Attached files
SO2_CITYDRIVING.lyt - 4.2 KB - 2424 views
Oh and make sure you set the server to practice. Having 1 lap set will cause people to finish a race
Quite fun in the BF1

The first roundabout is hard to spot it comes up so quick. And the last one is hard to take flat in any car

Hopefully a server gets this up and running.
#4 - Phill
awesome.. ^yeah, hopefully, some server g33k will get this layout up and running soon! this is SO much better than any of the other ones currently out there!
How about REAL CnR?
#6 - CSU1
Nice work tweaker fun fun
Yeah thanks for the comments. So far nobody has used it on a server. I am quite surprised that the plain Autocross layout is still used, those servers should move up to something that actually fits a city driving atmosphere. I hope to play with tons of people on this layout, because in all honesty, this is way more fun, and not just a big field of walls that people repeatedly go around in circles on.
SO2? whats that? long? city?
downloaded it, but cant find it on any track
SO2 is South City Sprint 1. You should be able to tell from the pictures
this is awesone... really... i'm waiting anxiously for someone to put this into some server for us to play... the AutoX ones are starting to be boring...
well i can host a server for 10 peeps for a 2 hours or so if interestet.
for a tryout (dont have enough upload for loads of ppl)
Quote from Tweaker :SO2 is South City Sprint 1. You should be able to tell from the pictures

dont really know SO that well so i couldnt tell
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well i can host a server for 10 peeps for a 2 hours or so if interestet.
for a tryout (dont have enough upload for loads of ppl)

host host host
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :
dont really know SO that well so i couldnt tell

The 2 meaning the second config on the list
well didnt think that far
ima set up the server now for a bit, join as long as its there
yea its something different
although ppl will speed more there, cuz the track just seem to shout for it. lol
and on this cnr u need more cops than usual.
ex. id say 12 players / 5 cops.
its just the sprint track but it seems to be 10 miles long cuz u can drive on both directions lol.
Yeah you do have a tendancy to want to speed, but it is fun to go the speed limit on the streets and then when you hit the highway. Now it is better for FZ50 cops because they really have an advantage for catching people in the highspeed parts. So it's a lot of fun.

I'd like to see what this layout is like on a dedicated server that I ping better to, because a lot of us were laggin.
i'm sad because this layout has everything to be fun like hell... but some idiots keep using MRT's and stuff, using the wrong side of the road... if everyone could respect just the basic rules, it'll be awesome...
Quote from Dudles :i'm sad because this layout has everything to be fun like hell... but some idiots keep using MRT's and stuff, using the wrong side of the road... if everyone could respect just the basic rules, it'll be awesome...

Well yeah, like I said, if it was on a dedicated server where the rules of speeding and road rage is monitored, then it's way more fun
Quote from Tweaker :I'd like to see what this layout is like on a dedicated server that I ping better to, because a lot of us were laggin.

as u know im in germany ur in the us - high ping.
and we had silentwar on sometimes
#23 - CSU1
Quote from Tweaker :Well yeah, like I said, if it was on a dedicated server where the rules of speeding and road rage is monitored, then it's way more fun

Who's gonna host your track?
Quote from wheel4hummer :How about REAL CnR?

i got pulled by a cop the other day. i was crapping myself. especially when he was specificaly looking for me :S
Looks good im shore we use in on friday when we put the REAL cops robbers server up

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG