The online racing simulator
Wishes for a sixth season?
It has been a while since something was communicated here any official page. The league laid pretty much dormant throughout the recent time and sadly the latest attempt to get it going for Season 6 was unsuccessful due to my personal constraints. Yet, the Open Endurance Cup is not dead and with the modding feature introduced to Live for Speed there are lots of opportunities. What would be your thoughts and wishes towards a 6th season? Let me know in this thread! Smile
Aston mega-schiefe track and P1 + GTE classes!
#3 - Laoz
What Nova just said
sbtv prototype driver reporting for duty
#5 - Sn1p
Procrastination Motorsports haven't procrastinated for some while
Me and FasT will be there. Akagi Red Suns on top!
bus
LXs in multiclass
Hoping for an LMP2 only or LMP2+GT combo Smile
mrt league whit +70kg
saison 6 whith mods included of course !
Big grin but radar needed for moded cars

an LMP-mod is at work, and somme GTR-class mods are awesome.
if the LMP is not alone, LMP+GTR
else GTR-Class whith somme informal events for équilibrate cars
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55 : published prematurely
I thought to gather all responses here and make statements on my own.

Quote :multiclass bus racing pls

Quote :bus

Quote :Soccer ball 24h race

Quote :mrt league whit +70kg

Soccer balls don't have an engine. While it definitely sounds like a fun challenge to work as a team to get as many laps with a ball as possible, I'd rather leave it to TopGear/GrandTour/... to organise such am event. Maybe such an event would also be something for [TC] & co.

While there may be an audience for soccer balls or for busses (or even heavy MRTs), I'd like to organise something more based on popular real life racing series, be it grassroots racing such as in the Nürburgring Endurance Series or the Creventic 24 Hour Series or more professional series. Yet I am aware we have more freedom to realise ideas that would not be possible in real life due to safety concerns, infrastructure or resources. In fact the Open Endurance Cup was inspired by the iRacing Spirit of VLN series which was in turn inspired by the real life VLN Langstreckenmeisterschaft/Nürburgring Endurance Series.

Quote :Day and night cycle

Sadly, that is out of my control. While it is something I eagerly wait to get my hands on, it is currently no option.

Quote :i would, but my eyes protest, when i stare at the screen for too long. i limit myself on sprint races

Quote :Some historic cars enduraces would be nice.

Quote :[There is work] on making GPL65 and P126 equal on pace, so if you want to try mods that are meant to go together, this would be your option. Can only speak for the GPL65, but P126 has very close stats, so surely not too much different. They can probably go over 2 hours before having to pit - at the Grand Prix of Aston (with GPL65) we went 1h45m easily with no stops. So 3h race would be definitely a 1-stopper. Speaking of popularity/interest, there was almost a full grid (36 cars iirc) despite the race being anounced less than a day in advance.

Quite honestly, historic cars were not something I had on my mind, but I am open to consider them.

Quote :Was waiting for OEC when Falke said it going to have TBO class and LRF if I remember correctly

Quote :LXs in multiclass

Indeed that was the original plan and still a plan I fancy a lot. Trying to do the BOP for LRF is tricky enough, as the season before proved. At the end of the day the three cars are very different to one another as the RAC and LX6 are light weight sports cars whereas the FZ5 is a sports car that very well fits into production car categories at the Nürburgring. While the BOP based on minimum pit stop times worked as a proof of concept, that system has not matured enough. Simplifying the class structure to just the LX would allow S2 (or even S1) licensed drivers to compete and would eradicate the need for a BOP or a complex class structure.

Quote :Aston mega-schiefe track and P1 + GTE classes!

Quote :sbtv prototype driver reporting for duty

Quote :endurance would be great yeah whit modern gt cars ,,Big grin''

Quote :

Aston Megaschleife is an unknown to me. With Aston Grand Prix and Aston Historic there are already two long variants at the Aston Autodrome venue Confused. An open configuration or a layout also needs to be sensible. If the idea is to recreate LeMans or the Nürburgring Nordschleife with layouts, this is simply not possible with the tools at hand.

I am not aware there are currently any P1 (assuming LMP1) in development, especially the hybrid nature of these cars in recent iterations of the rules prevents any faithful adaptation of modern LMP1. What we have is at least one published LMP2 and another older one in development, as far as I know. I am also unaware of GTE/GTLM cars as such but there are, as pointed out, many GT cars as well as the LFS GTR cars to create a Grand Touring category underneath a prototypes. A Grand Touring category as such I would consider to be "modern" as well. This is a class strucutre with a lot of potential as it is similar to the virtual LeMans series by the ACO in rFactor 2 among others, if it is suitable for the core-idea of OEC is another issue.

Balance of performance is, no doubt, the most crutial part of any class definition.

Quote :Doing BOP for mods will be tricky, especially if mod creators decide to tweak them during the buildup. We'd need control over those cars for this series. Besides, choosing appropriate cars is still tricky right now. For standard LFS cars, I think we could do GT2 and NGT, GTi and TBO, LX4 and LX6, FOX and FO8 etc. Keeping classes simple would help with promotion and uptake I reckon. And to prevent us from having small grids, we still need to pick popular combinations.

Basically this sums up many of the thoughts I share. The greatest problem for the use of mods in league racing might be the necessary cooperation between mod creators, teams and organisers and something that has not been thought to the end for now. The upload of league-specific mods may be an option, yet it is something that is not really intended by the mod system as far as I understand it.

Quote :somebody: for it to happen at last and without another delay in calendar

Quote :for that one angry guy from last year to have trained sufficiently and to accomplish himself this year

Quote :Procrastination Motorsports haven't procrastinated for some while

Quote :Me and FasT will be there. Akagi Red Suns on top!

I am very happy about those comments, to see that people intend to return to a series, that is run as irregularly the OEC is. Smile I hope I can provide something you like in the end.
Quote from TFalke55 :
What we have is at least one published LMP2 and another older one in development, as far as I know. I am also unaware of GTE/GTLM cars as such but there are, as pointed out, many GT cars as well as the LFS GTR cars to create a Grand Touring category underneath a prototypes. A Grand Touring category as such I would consider to be "modern" as well. This is a class strucutre with a lot of potential as it is similar to the virtual LeMans series by the ACO in rFactor 2 among others, if it is suitable for the core-idea of OEC is another issue.

Balance of performance is, no doubt, the most crutial part of any class definition.

Many GT car mods in lfs already, if you would go that route, i think you would get some people who would be happy to work with you balancing car performance. But i believe single category would be better, looking at previous years atendence.
Quote from Excellent15 :Many GT car mods in lfs already, if you would go that route, i think you would get some people who would be happy to work with you balancing car performance. But i believe single category would be better, looking at previous years atendence.

I'd be happy to have some input on that especially from drivers from the sharp end of the grid.

Anyways, everyone who ever did a OEC race should have received a PM with a link to the Endurance Racing Survey 2022. Everyone else can par take by klicking on this link: https://forms.gle/pnZxNF13FdKHS15o8.
Quote from Excellent15 :But i believe single category would be better, looking at previous years atendence.

I think the reason people were turned off of last season was the very different way of balancing, with pit stop times, and the fact that the cars used weren't exactly the most popular. People should be racing to get a proper multi class endurance series out as soon as possible, with GTs and Prototypes, because you can bet that it'll be a hit if done right.
With a few exceptions, most mods have only been used in casual short races.
I think it might be better to wait a bit. In the meantime see which cars turn out to be popular, test out balance in shorter events and races etc. It also allows people more time to get familiar with new cars and build setups.

Wishes for a sixth season?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG