The online racing simulator
Fly a plane today in Live for Speed! Limited time promotion only!

LFS Scavier Airport Day 2 will (hopefully) be open later when I'm back from work at 1615 UTC! Now with ability to make round trip from one end of the map to the other, and back , with the Bismark plane!

Make (or steal) the World Record set up and fly long distance, or try airport hopping along the way.

Stay tuned for "LFS Scavier Airport" server later today!

Attached files
1FCA3F_Record (25%).set - 132 B - 216 views
Edit : With feedback, the far end airports will now have dual air corridors for back and forth. You shouldn't smash into oncoming planes now.

Lol brilliant. This is why I love LFS.
The world-record set (able to make end-to-end Wide Grid) is now available from the OP attachments.

Default set will only make it halfway, in the middle airport.
Hahahah funny plane in LFS... GG

Just Mods Things
HOW TO FLY THE BISMARK :
Just under 3 hours before the Bismark "flying academy" starts! Buckle in! Tutorial on flight below !

The Bismark requires a long distance set up to traverse the far end airports. To steer using front rudder, input direction is reversed. Hence, to bank the plane to the left, you have to steer right, and vice versa. Steering is sluggish and slow, so when you make an input, wait for the plane to respond.

When the plane leaves neutral level flight and starts to lose speed, it will propogate in the roller coaster manner. When that point is achieved, you are able to use differential throttle and brake to maintain pitch of the plane. Brakes will lower the nose, while throttle will raise the plane slowly (it will dive down first).
Server will be opening shortly, earlier than the anticipated timing! 1615 UTC (now), opening shortly! See you there on "LFS Scavier Airport Server"!
4/2/22 Server end
Thanks to the 50+ guys who came to try their hand on piloting in LFS
Server should still be up as long as there's one guy left. Otherwise, see you next time!

Made it past the wall on ~3rd proper try! Cool The secret is to put it as straight as possible (while going really slow or stopping), hit throttle and don't touch steering again (for which non-stabilized keyboard works best since steering has to be perfectly straight). Might as well change my nick to SkyRacer or PitlanePilot ;D

And here's a close call on previous try (at the same time I hit the runway too):

Attached images
Ekrano nuotrauka 2022-02-03 215028.jpg
Ekrano nuotrauka 2022-02-03 214340.jpg
Quote from MicroSpecV :Thanks to the 50+ guys who came to try their hand on piloting in LFS
Server should still be up as long as there's one guy left. Otherwise, see you next time!

Look at this great pilot in front. Was great fun!

Also driving with a car beneath was an interesting effect. I would love to hear from Scawen what's that about.
Quote from Bose321 :Look at this great pilot in front. Was great fun!

Also driving with a car beneath was an interesting effect. I would love to hear from Scawen what's that about.

I'm not Scawen but I'm aware of the effect you mentioned - the slipstream effect has infinite height, so vehicles above each other do affect the aero of each other. You can achieve some incredible speeds this way, as cars do "steal" the slipstream from each other and keep boosting together. I once went 700 kmph with BF1 using this technique.
Quote from michal 1279 :I'm not Scawen but I'm aware of the effect you mentioned - the slipstream effect has infinite height, so vehicles above each other do affect the aero of each other. You can achieve some incredible speeds this way, as cars do "steal" the slipstream from each other and keep boosting together. I once went 700 kmph with BF1 using this technique.

Eh, unlimited height? Is this the same as if you drove above each other with one car inverted on a wall ceiling?
Also, stay tuned for more whacky flash server events! LFS Plinko soon, anyone? Tongue
So unrealistic... both ends of the airstrip can't be runway 10!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG