The online racing simulator
Darkone's Lane vs Lane
(9 posts, started )
Darkone's Lane vs Lane
The idea is to let two drivers start at a different point of the track, start at the same time, and finish at the same place. So they both drive the same distance. I don't think I've seen this in LFS yet.

I tried to make an autocross track with this feature. It's basicly two tracks in one. Every track (call them sections) has a color (see the pylon at the SF). But they are not the same length. That means you need to do two laps, to get two cars cover the same distance.

I think it's used in rally sport too.

Anyway, just set laps to 2, and drive untill you're finished. :P

You will drive 2 laps, but that is 1 section per lap. And don't forget to set the max players in race to 2.

Hope you get the idea.

Basicly every car can drive on it. But I think the smaller cars will be best (say MRT, FOX, XFG).

I'll host a server from time to time called "Darkone's Lane vs Lane".

Enjoy!
Attached images
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
Attached files
AU1_lanevslane.lyt - 4 KB - 478 views
Yeah there were several layouts like this back in S1. They are always hard to create though because even though having 2 laps will technically make the distance the same, one lane might always have the advantage. I only knew of one that was always remarkably even each time I drove it in either the left lane or the right lane. Other ones were always slated to one lane.

So I'll give this a try, and see what I think :up:
Yes I think you are right. I was faster when I started 2nd, even tho I went in the grass with a wheel. But I don't think the difference will be big, maybe 3 tenths.
It is because you have to use a rule of thumb for the starts.

Make both start lines straights and have the same T1 severity/angle corner for both drivers. And the last corners before reaching the finish line need to be identical or somewhat similar, and possibly the same distance to the finish line.

Because at the start you have the advantage of accelerating smoothly and quickly. I have to turn and make a few slow turns. Even though when I come around for my 2nd lap I get the fast curvy part too, you still get the speed advantage on the start I think. But still, I was using mouse But I do think that the 1st place startline needs to have an easier start and not so close to the wall.
Quote from Tweaker :
Because at the start you have the advantage of accelerating smoothly and quickly. I have to turn and make a few slow turns. Even though when I come around for my 2nd lap I get the fast curvy part too, you still get the speed advantage on the start I think. But still, I was using mouse But I do think that the 1st place startline needs to have an easier start and not so close to the wall.

Hehe, I agree, but that's impossible. The places are default. And there need to run another part of the track between that place and the grass, otherwise you can't finish the track.

If the grid was somewhere in the middle of the autocross it would be ideal, you could make the straights and T1 and last turn identical, but mirrored. But that's not the case.
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
where is the layout file ?
#7 - Lible
In/ON the server, I guess.
Yes, but the server isn't always online. So, here you go;
Attached files
AU1_lanevslane.lyt - 4 KB - 180 views
Reminds me of F1 in London .

Darkone's Lane vs Lane
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG