The online racing simulator
Here's a friendly reminder that Live For Speed is almost 20 years old!
I've played Live For Speed for a long time. Not as long as some of the veterans here, but still a long time. Like since around 2016 or so. And it's amazing because a lot of people claim Live For Speed still has some of the best tire physics out there, especially when compared to Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa, etc. And it just goes to show how much passion is put into Live For Speed. And this game is only made by like a couple people, who've achieved so much in the process.

What amazes me the most is not only the tire model, but the graphics. For years they've been working on a new graphics engine for the game, and it looks extremely amazing. It allows for proper lighting, 24-hour time cycles, automatic exposure adjustment, you name it.

Look at their astounding South City remake, for instance!

Or how about the automatic exposure adjustment?

Live For Speed is, without a doubt, extremely well made, especially for a game that started out in like, what, 2002 or so? THIS GAME IS ALMOST 20 YEARS OLD! Think about that for a minute!

Not only has it been living up to modern standards 20 years later, but it's still being actively developed and worked on. Imagine working on the same game for 20 freakin' years!

I wanted to take a moment to show appreciation and give thanks for the blood, sweat, and tears that Scawen has given to this game to make it as amazing as it is, even 20 years later down the line. Live For Speed shall never die. For it lives forever...

...it lives for speed.
Only 20, sure ?

Wink
#4 - Ped7g
and 240p quality.. Smile
Nice video, lol.

But yes, the trackside LED safety lights and background wind turbines are a dead giveaway. I'm pretty sure they were burning baby seals to fuel power stations in that era.

Hand, happy 20th LFS. It has catching up to do in some areas, but I think it's core is still the best in market.

Can't wait for the new graphics and tyres to marry up to the modding system. It's going to be awesome.
First started playing my junior year of high school. I bounce around but always come back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG