The online racing simulator
Bus - Karosa C 734
(36 posts, started )
I got pretty close to the specs of the LIAZ ML 635 NA engine, depiste getting more torque. I think in that case we could think of a wear out engine with less power, to maybe match better the torque.

LIAZ ML 635
148 kW / 2 100 rpm
742.6 Nm / 1,300 - 1,400 rpm
Attached images
LIAZ ML 635.png
Attached files
LIAZ ML 635 NA.eng - 272.1 KB - 217 views
In low LOD, the bus turns into a shiny white brick.
Attached images
lfs_00000029.jpg
lfs_00000028.jpg
Quote from PedroXDBR :I got pretty close to the specs of the LIAZ ML 635 NA engine, depiste getting more torque. I think in that case we could think of a wear out engine with less power, to maybe match better the torque.

LIAZ ML 635
148 kW / 2 100 rpm
742.6 Nm / 1,300 - 1,400 rpm

That is pretty good! Thanks Smile

I think I will actually go for the original NA variant because the turbocharged one had the exhaust pipe tip in the rear bumper, which the model doesn't have. I think it should be better off going uphill now with more torque in the engine that you provided.
Quote from Flame CZE :

I don't know what the real turbo pressure should be but surely more than that Big grin

turbo diesel engines usually run crazy high pressure, 2-3 bar on big rigs easily, however diesel engines and their operational characteristics are extremely different from gasoline engines and so far, our editor is too simple for these differences.

For example, a factory 2022 Ford F350 6.7 Turbo diesel here in the US runs roughly 40 psi of boost which is almost 3 bars. Horsepower is 450, torque is 1280 nm... something you can't do in the editor unless you set the pressure at 0.3 bar lol.

The good part about having to run super low boost when recreating a diesel engine in the editor is that the turbo will spool super-fast which is another characteristic of a diesel engine. Those fords will build 3 bar of boost in a blink of an eye. Turbo lag is nonexistent in large diesel engines, it's too small to be noticed.
Version 6
Changed engine specs to get closer to the the original LIAZ ML 635 engine (thanks to PedroXDBR!):
- Power: 146 kW @ 2111 RPM
- Torque: 781 Nm @ 1330 RPM
- removed turbo

- Added proper skin textures to LOD3 mesh
- Reduced LOD2 mesh triangle count (still to be completed)

Things to do:

- Try to fix bad visibility in right side mirror
- Fix bad looking vertices on sides
- Make interior tubes colourable
- Try to fix collision box issues
- Add more details (front grille, engine side vent)
- Add 3D "bars" on the sides and rear
- Add a "dirty" configuration
Attached images
bus.jpg
Feature request
First of all, awesome work on imo the best bus in LFS history Big grin
Since LFS still has not been able to add virtual side mirrors in 18 years and indie developers make a game in a month with working side mirrors (motortown) I was hoping maby you could add or move right side mirror closer to center so you can drive the bus and be able to see your sides in turns. This would be really helpful and for big vehicles like this, sidemirrors are very important. Also this mirror mod could be a configuration in case some people dont want. but i think if you could add this, alot of people would be really happy with an even better bus Big grin see my attatched image for ideas, thanks
Attached images
karoReq1.jpg
I'm glad you like it!

Unfortunately, having a side mirror inside the bus doesn't work - the mirrors come out black.
Attached images
lfs_00001293.jpg
Hi Flame!

Do you think you could do rear view mirror on glass? (like OMSI mod Karosa C954E LUX shown below)
Also, are you gonna do something like textured destination plates to make use of the non used space on skin template? I know we talked about this, but not sure if you remember, or progressed. Either way, the Karobus looks cool now with the sidepanels you added!

Hi, I haven’t worked on this mod for quite some time… I’m glad you like the side panel details. I’d like to get back to it at some point.

I can try the different mirror placement and see how it will look.

I like the idea of having skinnable destination plates! I haven’t worked on that but it’s something I’d like to add as well.
Some progress, also using the new test patch features. I'll publish a new version once the patch is official.

Driver swap possible
Different front and rear wheels
Working fog lights
Working side lights
Interior lights as "extra" lights
Adjusted right side mirror for better visibility alongside the bus (still needs manual adjustment in view options)
Rubber-metal trim around the sides and rear
Changed class to 'bus'

BUG: side mapping is flipped when driver on right, not sure why

Attached images
lfs_00001784.jpg
lfs_00001783.jpg
lfs_00001782.jpg
lfs_00001778.jpg
lfs_00001785.jpg
lfs_00001786.jpg
lfs_00001787.jpg

Bus - Karosa C 734