(12 posts, started )
Lag on High End PC
PC Specs:
16GB RAM
572MB VRAM ( Integrated :[ )
1TB HDD (Storage)
240GB SSD (Gaming)
3.6GHz Quad-Core Octo-Thread
High Performance power enabled, animations disabled, quality lowered.

Game: 40/60 FPS, playable, but I want to at least get 100 so the game doesn't jitter all the time.
Settings do not help with FPS, in some rare cases they lower it.

Feel free to ask for screenshots and other stuff as I am looking for help on performance Big grin

(Games like counter-strike run at 1000FPS)
** Best answer **
I would suggest you to tweak the setting in misc. i remember on my old crappy laptop i was putting the sleep every frame or something similar to max value(i think 2) and i was having like double the framerate i had before changing it. But i would suggest you buying some graphics card as the integrated GPUs and not meant for games!
#3 - BeNoM
What's the CPU?
First of all, you can not call a PC high end if it does not have a dedicated gfx card. If you have an Intel CPU you can try with these settings, it disables the antialiasing but it increases the fps immensely. I'm running it with an HD4600 graphics chip in the cpu and LFS works fine. For stabile 100fps some compromises in screen resolution and details have to be made. Make sure the multiplayer speed-up option is enabled and set LOD reduction to the max.
https://ufile.io/4q7m9tk1

edit: if someone would explain to me how to add an image as an attachment to the post I would appreciate it.
When writing a post, underneath the white window you put your text, you will see a grey bar "Attachments" and under that "Drag files here".

Drag a file into the area under the grey bar, or use the Browse and Upload/Update buttons.

If you want your picture to appear as part of the post, then click on your image, copy the address from the address bar in your browser, click on the image button (looks like mountain, in the icon list under the Post title space, and paste the address you copied.

Image address will look like https://www.lfs.net/attachment/277608
Attached images
Post screenshot.png
picture icon.png
Quote from crazyboy232 :I would suggest you to tweak the setting in misc. i remember on my old crappy laptop i was putting the sleep every frame or something similar to max value(i think 2) and i was having like double the framerate i had before changing it. But i would suggest you buying some graphics card as the integrated GPUs and not meant for games!

This worked VERY well, I have double the fps Big grin Thank you.
Quote from rane_nbg :First of all, you can not call a PC high end if it does not have a dedicated gfx card. If you have an Intel CPU you can try with these settings, it disables the antialiasing but it increases the fps immensely. I'm running it with an HD4600 graphics chip in the cpu and LFS works fine. For stabile 100fps some compromises in screen resolution and details have to be made. Make sure the multiplayer speed-up option is enabled and set LOD reduction to the max.
https://ufile.io/4q7m9tk1

edit: if someone would explain to me how to add an image as an attachment to the post I would appreciate it.

Didn't do anything to the game for me Tongue
However, there is a problem, when I turn off anti-aliasing, the game actually runs SLOWER and has weird broken blobs running around the screen like an old movie kinda thing, but HUGE.
Quote from Pythono :Didn't do anything to the game for me Tongue
However, there is a problem, when I turn off anti-aliasing, the game actually runs SLOWER and has weird broken blobs running around the screen like an old movie kinda thing, but HUGE.

The i7 4790 has 2gb vram, download the intel software to change the gpu settings as that could be forcing AA and AF
Quote from sinanju :When writing a post, underneath the white window you put your text, you will see a grey bar "Attachments" and under that "Drag files here".

Drag a file into the area under the grey bar, or use the Browse and Upload/Update buttons.

If you want your picture to appear as part of the post, then click on your image, copy the address from the address bar in your browser, click on the image button (looks like mountain, in the icon list under the Post title space, and paste the address you copied.

Image address will look like https://www.lfs.net/attachment/277608

Hi man, thank you for this explanation. I have already tried both ways before asking how to do it and I was not able to do it. I am providing what happens in a zip file, where I put 3 images. The first is after dragging my picture to the "drag files here", it just gets stuck saying uploading. The second is after clicking on choose files and selecting my pic, while the 3rd is after pressing "upload/update" button. I am logged into the forum and I have no idea what is the problem. I was never able to upload any picture this way on this forum and I can successfully do it on every other forum which I use.
https://ufile.io/mdugyi9s
Quote from bishtop :The i7 4790 has 2gb vram, download the intel software to change the gpu settings as that could be forcing AA and AF

CPUs don't have VRAM, they allocate some of the standard RAM for video/3D rendering.

Lag on High End PC
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG