The online racing simulator
[Live for speed on RASPBERRYPI4!]
Hi guys, Live for speed 0.5 Z run on raspberrypiLFSPetals
(S307A run also but little laggy)!
If you have a raspberry pi 4:
# Take Twister OS (best OS for nostalgeek) :https://twisteros.com/index.html
# in terminal go to the LFS folder and type : wine LFS.exe (If first run of wine, the software launch config before launch)
# Reduce some graphics details if you have lag, reduce FPS limit at 30FPS
# Enjoy!Some pics in attachement.Choose "Twisteros" not "Twisteroslite"(because :Wine/EmulationStation/Libreoffice/BOX86:Pikiss preinstalled...)
Attached images
LFS RPI IN GAME.png
LFS RPI IN GAME FPS in break.png
LFS RPI MENU.png
Quote from NENE87 :Hi guys, Live for speed 0.5 Z run on raspberrypiLFSPetals
(S307A run also but little laggy)!
If you have a raspberry pi 4:
# Take Twister OS (best OS for nostalgeek) :https://twisteros.com/index.html
# in terminal go to the LFS folder and type : wine LFS.exe (If first run of wine, the software launch config before launch)
# Reduce some graphics details if you have lag, reduce FPS limit at 30FPS
# Enjoy!Some pics in attachement.Choose "Twisteros" not "Twisteroslite"(because :Wine/EmulationStation/Libreoffice/BOX86:Pikiss preinstalled...)

Woah, I had a lot of plans for my Raspberry Pi 4, but never though I could run LFS!

How much RAM does your Raspberry Pi 4 have?
NEOFETCH on attachement Wink
Lfs 0.5F2 runs good (without graphics reduce (only FPS)
Attached images
neofetcj.png
Oh, nice. Long ago I tried to run dcon on RPI3 model B, but I couldn't find an efficient way. Too bad that dcon is gone now, as it should run even better than LFS itself
I didn't know you can run x86 apps on ARM with Wine. Now I'm interested to try to run LFS on Android with Termux and Wine
Back in 2007 I ran LFS on Panasonic Toughbook with single-core 1.5 GHz CPU (which had passive cooling!) and integrated video. With the minimal possible settings it did run at 20 FPS, so no wonder it runs on Pi4 which is more powerful.

I'd have been shocked if it ran on Pi Zero. Smile
#8 - gu3st
Quote from detail :Back in 2007 I ran LFS on Panasonic Toughbook with single-core 1.5 GHz CPU (which had passive cooling!) and integrated video. With the minimal possible settings it did run at 20 FPS, so no wonder it runs on Pi4 which is more powerful.

I'd have been shocked if it ran on Pi Zero. Smile

Pi Zero2 should be doable.
#9 - VladM
inb4 lfs makes the move to mobile and becomes highly succesful :^)
Imagine dozens of streamers playing LFS Mobile. Big grin
Quote from numbazZ :I didn't know you can run x86 apps on ARM with Wine. Now I'm interested to try to run LFS on Android with Termux and Wine

Quote from numbazZ :I didn't know you can run x86 apps on ARM with Wine. Now I'm interested to try to run LFS on Android with Termux and Wine

It's simple ^^

With Twister os, you have a software called BOX86

So...

RasberryPi emule an X86, BOX86 launch wine, Wine emule windows Smile TwisterOs is different Os (you can switch :macos-like/windows95-like,Windowsxp-like/windows7-like,windows11-like ^^)

Check this at twisterOs.com Smile

box86 here:https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86
Quote from NENE87 :It's simple ^^

With Twister os, you have a software called BOX86

Too bad I only have Raspberry Pi 2, but I will try to run Twister on my Pixel 4 and see what I can do, always wanted to try and run LFS on a phone somehow
Just install Box86 on your Pixel, maybe that run?
Good chances it'll run quite well on RPi 5 :-)

At least until the graphics update is released.
This is amazing news for me! I just recently got my raspberry with 4gb ram. I will get a nespi4 case soon. I'll collect everything and definitely try to run LFS on it. Thank you for sharing your experience NENE87.
Quote from numbazZ :Too bad I only have Raspberry Pi 2, but I will try to run Twister on my Pixel 4 and see what I can do, always wanted to try and run LFS on a phone somehow

i have ran it, on a cheap xiaomi phone, via cloud gaming software, it was playable if you want to cruise around, as i used keyboard inputs. depending on your internet connection, u could play in hd without interruptions. its basically like teamviewer, but gaming adapted
Hi, LFS S3 run pretty good (slow but good now)
With patch 0.7A10 i can edit my own skin ^^
LFS_EDITOR won't run (i have some problems with DX12 ^^)
Blender0.79 run perfectly just in case of...
Attached images
S3_LFSrpi1.png
S3_LFSrpi2.png
S3_LFSrpi3.png
S3_LFSrpi4.png
News ^^
D46 run goodSmile
Reduce all graphics details, play with no fullscreen
I can training myself with bike on my tv screen, fps about 36-43, sometimes is a little laggy but like multiplayer session when someone leave pit. Fernbay is better because oldest Smile square is okay too.

For lfz editor, that run with windows on rpi too laggy but it run, for example i’ve installed office 2007 and that’s okay. Lfs editor won’t run on wine because some directx is not supported with BOX86 and wine.

Nice to use gimp and saw the result of my skin with lfs directly Smile
-
(r3zp3k7) DELETED by r3zp3k7 : Nevermind. I found the answers to my questions.

[Live for speed on RASPBERRYPI4!]
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG