The online racing simulator
P166
(43 posts, started )
Quote from loopingz :Without splitting the mod and not much control on setups, people will run the early model with downforce and that's not cool. I know it is neat to keep it this way (with configuration) but I would prefer it much better by version according to their era.
Right now if I want to make a server with non aero F1 I have the gpl65 and the Tommy28. It would be nice having a exclusive p166.
Your car(s) is so nice it is ahead of the modding system. It is a family of nice cars!

I agree, thats next on the list to have a completely separate mod for 60s very non aero car
well done man, what a car to try master! If you get it right it goes like the clappers, if you get too generous with the throttle on corner exit it spits out sideways aiming at the wall XD

Keep up the good work!
What happened to the the fork with the non aero early model? I can't find it. It would not be the first time I don't find a mod anyway...
Oh yes! Ok it looks like I could not find it yesterday!
Firstly, thank you for the awesome mod!
It's fantastic.

Secondly, in case it hasn't been reported, it looks as though the LODs may need tweaking. I'm seeing the body disappear when at a distance.

Thanks.
Attached images
lod.jpg
Quote from farcar :Firstly, thank you for the awesome mod!
It's fantastic.

Secondly, in case it hasn't been reported, it looks as though the LODs may need tweaking. I'm seeing the body disappear when at a distance.

Thanks.

Should be fixed now!
Hi Jake, I just loaded this car and I noticed the error:

Cross-texture triangle found in LOD3 - mapping corrected

Which should be fixed. Some more information about that here:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1985581#post1985581

Do let me know if the explanation doesn't make sense.
Quote from Jake_Blasted :Should be fixed now!

This is still happening btw.
I'm a layman, but it seems to be LOD2 where the body disappears, then it reappears when LOD3 kicks in.
Quote from Scawen :Cross-texture triangle found in LOD3 - mapping corrected

I've now added editor support to detect and locate any triangle that is causing this bug.

It's a lot better than only finding out about it when you load the model in LFS! Smile

You see a message like this: Error in LOD3 of model P166: triangle with index 865 and 3 others span two cutouts

And there is an "index" button in tri mode so you can select triangle 865.

Editor B4: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97865
Quote from Scawen :I've now added editor support to detect and locate any triangle that is causing this bug.

It's a lot better than only finding out about it when you load the model in LFS! Smile

You see a message like this: Error in LOD3 of model P166: triangle with index 865 and 3 others span two cutouts

And there is an "index" button in tri mode so you can select triangle 865.

Editor B4: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97865

Yes i had the same issue with the RC mod aswell and fixed it, just using a side mapping on a incorrect triangle. I thought i fixed the issue on the P1 but maybe i missed on lol

Thanks for the support and help guys Big grin
Fantastic!
Quote from farcar :This is still happening btw.
I'm a layman, but it seems to be LOD2 where the body disappears, then it reappears when LOD3 kicks in.

With the "new" ingame viewer it is easy to toggle between LOD 1,2,3. At LOD2 the whole engine is removed..that seems to be too drastic. Maybe at LOD2 the engine should be a grey block or something.

Also does the mod miss skin mapping? The generated templates are empty except for some nonsense scribble in one corner.
There is still an issue with the lod.
The skinning might be improved also.
IMHO the car would benefit from being split again like more drag on the oldies and more power on the newer? Or different tyre size.

Anyway tomorrow P166 at Cesav! Old school racing. If anyone wants to join you have to register and qualify before Monday 21h30 CET
I tried this mod for the first time the other day and had a blast.

Good job!
Is the mod down? My skin appears to be not linked.
This was my FAVORITE mod for LFS - where did it go? I'm unable to find it in the Mod downloads anymore. Does anyone know how I can get this back?
Sadly the model was not an original creation as the uploader had claimed. I forgot where I read about it but it was ripped from another game.
It should not have been published in the first place to avoid this disappointment and wasting time of many people. (players, modders that helped etc)
But it seems nobody had noticed. In the beginning of modding era some modders interpreted rules more loosely.

There should be some automatic message if a mod is unpublished to prevent confusion.

P166
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG