The online racing simulator
any solution of the 720º degrees??
Hello everyone, I refloat this issue ... I don't like anything but someone will have the solution ... the issue of 720º in virtual steering wheel without losing maximum angle of rotation? Let me explain, 90% of the time I do drift and I have always played with the xrt with 720º of controller, 720º in the g27 steering wheel and in the virtual steering wheel that is seen on the screen, but since they updated, the steering wheel is gone virtual to 1080º, having to lower the maximum turning angle from 45º to 29º to continue at 720, but losing many skills in the game, any solution? hug
Basically, the problem is that I have the g27 configured to always play at 720º of the steering wheel, because when I add more maximum turning angle from 29º to 45, you have to modify "the car's steering wheel turns at 1080º from top to bottom. it always stayed at 720º, fix that defect pleas
-
(RE Amemiya) DELETED by RE Amemiya : Bad info
I had a question for a long time. I guess it's time and place:
I wonder why LFS has "controller wheel turns 720" if it does not affect anything?
My G25 is set to "Allow game to adjust settings", but no result. Lfs can't change G25's degree from ingame (when i switch to Formula cars, for example). And also this option does not affect the virtual wheel degrees to fit real.
So what it made for if it is not help at all? And is there any chance to set this up properly?
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :I wonder why LFS has "controller wheel turns 720" if it does not affect anything?

Obviously, because it does affect something. We don't just add settings that don't have any effect. Uhmm

Because LFS knows how much your wheel turns, and how much the in-game car wheel turns, it can make the game controller steering wheel turn exactly match the in-game car steering wheel. That is, if wheel turn compensation is at maximum, which is recommended.

If your game controller wheel turns LESS than the in-game wheel, then we have a slight problem, correct? So in this case there is a little mathematical calculation that makes your wheel match exactly the in-game car's wheel at the central position. But the in-game car's wheel turns more and more as you approach the left and right limits. That is what we call "wheel turn compensation".

How to set it up:

- Allow wheel turn in wheel software to maximum allowed.
- Set that amount in LFS as how much your wheel can turn.
- Set wheel turn compensation to maximum.

That's it! Smile
Oh damn I had this setting confused all the time? I thought it was adding some non linearity / exponential curve to smooth input around the center. I understand that I was wrong.
Quote from Scawen :We don't just add settings that don't have any effect. Uhmm

I hoped so))))

Thank you, Scawen!!!!Now i can drive formula with no tune-ups in wheel software!!!
I always used 720, so it had no effect on me untill new patch. Plus i thought it works in a different way: "wheel compensation" as loopingz mentioned, and "wheel turn" is to match virtual wheel to HID wheel, that i thought bugged on Logitech.

P.S.
BTW the 'Button Release Lag', i mentioned before in TEST forum, seems it happens only to me. It's nor the new patch or logitech bug, it's a result of recovered old OS on a new harware, i think.
Thanks for the replies, it's good to hear this setting is helping!

It was designed to avoid changing settings when changing cars.

LFS also tries to add a bump stop when you reach the edge of the in-game car's wheel turn, if the car you are driving has less steering wheel turn than your controller wheel. Unfortunately (at least with my G27) that bump stop isn't as strong as the one that you can get if you set it in the wheel software. But that doesn't actually bother me. Smile
Scawen, excuse me my offtopic, Wich settings do you run in profiler/LFS?
Mine is: everything 100% and "Allow game to adjust settings" in profiler
30% FFB in LFS. Feels good to me.

I'm asking because it's interesting how it feels by a man who develops it. How it supposed to be in concept. I've seen alotta people around using at least 100% FFB in LFS with different profiler values (sometimes over 100% either), that i consider wrong as it loose gradient.

Quote :Unfortunately (at least with my G27) that bump stop isn't as strong

Blow the dust from inside of motors with compressed air, from time to time. And measure resistense on BOTH DISCONNECTED!!! motors. Must be around 30Ohms for healthy wheel with no carbon dust inside. I say this because FFB on G series gradually fall down with time, and you won't notice it right away.

P.S.
I don't think i got right what RamosWRC mentioned, but i felt disoriented at first time, when my virtual wheel didn't fit HID wheel. I know most of street cars IRL have more than 1000', but it would be great to have a chance to limit it in steering settings (anyhow people pick their own ratios by modding steering knuckles, rods, and racks IRL, so why not..).
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Scawen, excuse me my offtopic, Wich settings do you run in profiler/LFS?
Mine is: everything 100% and "Allow game to adjust settings" in profiler
30% FFB in LFS. Feels good to me.

I'm asking because it's interesting how it feels by a man who develops it. How it supposed to be in concept. I've seen alotta people around using at least 100% FFB in LFS with different profiler values (sometimes over 100% either), that i consider wrong as it loose gradient.

Blow the dust from inside of motors with compressed air, from time to time. And measure resistense on BOTH DISCONNECTED!!! motors. Must be around 30Ohms for healthy wheel with no carbon dust inside. I say this because FFB on G series gradually fall down with time, and you won't notice it right away.

P.S.
I don't think i got right what RamosWRC mentioned, but i felt disoriented at first time, when my virtual wheel didn't fit HID wheel. I know most of street cars IRL have more than 1000', but it would be great to have a chance to limit it in steering settings (anyhow people pick their own ratios by modding steering knuckles, rods, and racks IRL, so why not..).

101 0 0 0 720
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Wheels
Quote from Scawen :Obviously, because it does affect something. We don't just add settings that don't have any effect. Uhmm

Because LFS knows how much your wheel turns, and how much the in-game car wheel turns, it can make the game controller steering wheel turn exactly match the in-game car steering wheel. That is, if wheel turn compensation is at maximum, which is recommended.

If your game controller wheel turns LESS than the in-game wheel, then we have a slight problem, correct? So in this case there is a little mathematical calculation that makes your wheel match exactly the in-game car's wheel at the central position. But the in-game car's wheel turns more and more as you approach the left and right limits. That is what we call "wheel turn compensation".

How to set it up:

- Allow wheel turn in wheel software to maximum allowed.
- Set that amount in LFS as how much your wheel can turn.
- Set wheel turn compensation to maximum.

That's it! Smile

Man, I’ve been on LFS for so long and this just fixed my life!
Anyway, I just realized how i miss when my G25 were matching virtual wheel with 720.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG