The online racing simulator
STOCK CAR 03
(32 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :I'll try it later with wheel but one thing I see in LFS these days is when you scale down the max steering lock, the ratio is compensated as you scroll the steering lock down, so the "sensitivity" of the ratio steering remains exactly the same, despite removing max lock.

It's been a while since I've driven LFS regularly especially since the latter updates after 2014 or so I'm wondering if this has always been there or if there is a way to solve it via mod settings especially since steering ratio itself is very driver specific.

That's correct if you adjust it in game, but the LFS editor has both settings separated. You set the angle which the steering wheel turns, and then set the maximum lock in the setup. So right now the steering wheel turns 720°, which is 360°/ 36°, which is roughly 10:1.

And that ratio remains pretty much unchanged no matter what steering lock you set in the setup in game.
THE WIZARD DK has created .knw files for all tracks with this car, so people can use the stock car for AI racing. There is a README file included in the archive.
Attached files
STOCK CAR Knw Files For All Tracks.zip - 81.9 KB - 263 views
I have created a skin template PSD with the help of the new skin template generator in the LFS editor. It contains a wireframe overlay, mask overlay and base colour layers.

Othr changes to the mod:

- Updated default skin using the template generator
- Light stickers are now attached to the car body, not floating sligthly above it
Attached files
98F5ED_DEFAULT.psd - 2.5 MB - 231 views
Hi Flame, this is a bit offtopic;

I read that THE WIZARD DK made knw files for your Stock car.
I'm very curious if he just copied knw files from XRR (and others) or did he modify these files? I'm looking for a way to edit knw files and thus ai behaviour.

Maybe he knows more about the encoding of knw files? The thing is, i can't find him anymore on the forum. Is he banned or something?
If anyone can edit knw files please let me know!!
Quote from Van Sterberkt :Hi Flame, this is a bit offtopic;

I read that THE WIZARD DK made knw files for your Stock car.
I'm very curious if he just copied knw files from XRR (and others) or did he modify these files? I'm looking for a way to edit knw files and thus ai behaviour.

Maybe he knows more about the encoding of knw files? The thing is, i can't find him anymore on the forum. Is he banned or something?

He's copying KNW of existing cars and renaming, same old method. Yes he's banned.
oh yes, the sound is like original as we can see on tv.

but honestly, it can make headache in case of Nascar races (> 30 laps)
and not sure, it is the sound the onboard driver with helmet and ear protection hearded.
i think a little less high freq sould be benefit for comfort and pleasure to race this car

STOCK CAR 03
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG