The online racing simulator
Gorb 65
(10 posts, started )
Gorb 65
I've started making this car just to try out the LFS Editor, didn't expect it to go that far, because the app is very complicated for me, especially texturing by selecting triangles, but here we go

The car is a soviet Ukrainian ZAZ Zaporozhets 965 called by the people as Gorbatyy which means "humpbacked" because of its looks. Built as analog to Fiat 600

For now, the model needs to be finished, especially the interior. I've already remodeled some details because there were a lot of errors about a bad normal. Also, I don't know how I can update the model in the editor without redoing all the texturing stuff after modeling it in Blender, maybe it is possible to load new parts as OBJ files individually?

Suspension and engine are 1:1 as the real one

Attached images
Знімок екрана 2021-12-08 031904.jpg
Знімок екрана 2021-12-08 031929.jpg
Знімок екрана 2021-12-08 040656.jpg
Знімок екрана 2021-12-09 152415.jpg
Знімок екрана 2021-12-09 152502.jpg
Quote from numbazZ :Also, I don't know how I can update the model in the editor without redoing all the texturing stuff after modeling it in Blender, maybe it is possible to load new parts as OBJ files individually?

Looking nice so far! About selecting triangles for texturing... this can be a bit tricky to do.
You can do it this way: export your .obj -> then add it as sub object in LFS Editor and then merge it to main object. You need first to load the .obj (open a new instance of LFS Editor.exe), then save it (by clicking green save button). Then go back to your first instance of LFS Editor -> load your mod, create sub object -> load the saved sub object -> do the textures -> merge into main.
Attached images
Untitled.png
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
Quote from Evolution_R :Looking nice so far! About selecting triangles for texturing... this can be a bit tricky to do.
You can do it this way: export your .obj -> then add it as sub object in LFS Editor and when you finish with texturing -> merge it to main object. You need first to load the .obj (open a new instance of LFS Editor.exe), then save it (by clicking green save button). Then go back to your first instance of LFS Editor -> load your mod, create sub object -> load the saved sub object -> do the textures -> merge into main.

wow, thanks! that helped me a lot! now i have a working steering wheel
it really looks beautiful. excellent work!
Looking forward for this mod!
The interior has been updated, now it has two colors like a real one, door panels with handles added, new switches on a dashboard with the ignition key, and indicator lamps. New configuration with roof rack added. Gear ratio now matches with a real car
Attached images
lfs_00000059.jpg
lfs_00000060.jpg
lfs_00000061.jpg
lfs_00000062.jpg
lfs_00000063.jpg
Injoyed driving it, like I went back in time to childhood. Smile

Minor complaint: does it have no stabilizer at all like in the model? Our Zaporozhets didn't seem to tilt this much, even though my dad wasn't and still isn't a careful driver.
Quote from detail :Injoyed driving it, like I went back in time to childhood. Smile

Minor complaint: does it have no stabilizer at all like in the model? Our Zaporozhets didn't seem to tilt this much, even though my dad wasn't and still isn't a careful driver.

No stabilizer in 965 at all, people were installing custom stabilizers by themselves, because this model was very rollable. Also, very positive camber at the back wheels because of the trailing arm shape Big grin
I tried to make this model as close to the real one with real parameters I found, maybe the front suspension needs to be stiffer a bit, so I will update it in the next final time when I update the LOD
Attached images
Знімок екрана 2021-12-21 020056.jpg
Знімок екрана 2021-12-21 020108.jpg
Missing skin support and LOD.
Great details and nice cockpit, the dashboard gives me kitchen mixer vibes.
Very wobbly to drive with the default setup, laptimes improve a lot with lowering&stiffening everything. (good example why LFS needs limited or fixed setups imo)
take care!

Gorb 65
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG