The online racing simulator
1920' Racing car
(92 posts, started )
works on suspension visual yesterday and drums
soon !! very soon ! the Tommy28 in on the way !
remodelling, lights, chromes; suspensions
few details are at work (drums, animation improvment)

a test on track screenshot
Really nice!
so excited !
the car is under review
i noticed the help from NENE87 about smooth groups and blender
Martin18 for the fantastic engine
Flame CZE for authorization to reuse some parts of his Hadraplan
Loving this car, hope they release it soon! tnx for sharing it!
Looks good when not moving. Can the hubs and axles be detached from the body and attached to the suspension/wheels instead?
i will try
next version soon :
- a little more power
- relifted windscreen
- exhausts !
- better driver animation
- buttons added to dashboard
The driver animation looks funny hahahaha Big grin
Am I crazy? But isn’t this supposed to be RWD?
Good look, sound quality and attention to detail like gauges! Excellent work! I hope the animation gets fixed soon.
Car is finally uploaded! Feels great love the leaning driver haha. I noticed tho it says FWD i think its suppose to be rwd lol.
Super fun to race!
Quote from martin18 :Am I crazy? But isn’t this supposed to be RWD?

that's a bug for sure, i will verify and fix it as soon as possible !! ConfusedUhmm
Quote from detail :Good look, sound quality and attention to detail like gauges! Excellent work! I hope the animation gets fixed soon.

thanks a lot for your message Smile the animation is not very easy to set perfectly but the last (not released yet) is better !
it is difficult to engage more leaning because 3D driver's arms and car body merge visually. i will do my better

Version 2 with exhausts, upgraded windscreen and little work on engine would be cool !
Tried yesterday. Drives nice. For some reason I could not see my wheels...
The wheels disappear when the viewpoint is too near to the body. When the camera gets moved further away, the wheels become visible. (see attached screenshots)

Steering angle is too large, the wheels clip into the chasis at max angle.

Does anyone how good the brakes really were on these cars?
I imagine not too great, so maybe maximum possible force should be lower?

The engine cover might need some details, currently it looks like one massive piece. Maybe hinges and seams where the hood opens. And of course leather-belts to keep it closed. Nod

Quote from PeterN :Looks good when not moving. Can the hubs and axles be detached from the body and attached to the suspension/wheels instead?

I think you have to define those parts as "mud guards" and then they move with the wheel. (like on LX4 etc)
Attached images
lfs_00000010.jpg
lfs_00000008.jpg
Quote from loopingz :Tried yesterday. Drives nice. For some reason I could not see my wheels...

Have they been set to "Concealed wheels" in the "Wheel Object" section of the vehicle editor? It is an optimisation to avoid rendering the wheels every frame for cars where you are inside the cockpit.

Quote from Gutholz :I think you have to define those parts as "mud guards" and then they move with the wheel. (like on LX4 etc)

The same applies to 'mudguard' or 'brake' subobjects.
I don't know. I had the same problem once for the RC car without bodywork. As it is an open wheeler, it is easy to look outside at least in VR.
That's why I'm saying it shouldn't be set to concealed wheels.

If concealed wheels is set, that is wrong for an open wheeled car and would be the reason why the wheels disappear.
Quote from Scawen :Have they been set to "Concealed wheels" in the "Wheel Object" section of the vehicle editor? It is an optimisation to avoid rendering the wheels every frame for cars where you are inside the cockpit.

oh ok ! i see, i will try to fix it ! thanks Smile

Quote from Scawen :The same applies to 'mudguard' or 'brake' subobjects.

good tip for the mudguard ! i will try it in this way

i do not succeed to attach correctly drums like "brake" cause it always merge/clash with wheel rim and eat the wires ... Frown
Quote from Gutholz :The wheels disappear when the viewpoint is too near to the body. When the camera gets moved further away, the wheels become visible. (see attached screenshots)

i will fix it according to the way given by Scawen Wink

Quote from Gutholz :Steering angle is too large, the wheels clip into the chasis at max angle.

i will try to find how to fix it !

Quote from Gutholz :Does anyone how good the brakes really were on these cars?
I imagine not too great, so maybe maximum possible force should be lower?

idem : i will try how to fix it ! do you any idea where it can be set ? Shrug
i trim brake at mini in default setup but it seems everyone can set more ingame ..

Quote from Gutholz :The engine cover might need some details, currently it looks like one massive piece. Maybe hinges and seams where the hood opens. And of course leather-belts to keep it closed. Nod

sure ! but it's hard way to model/build

Quote from Gutholz :I think you have to define those parts as "mud guards" and then they move with the wheel. (like on LX4 etc)

thanks for the tip too Wink
the Version2 just released with these changes :
v2 :
- driver animation improved
- drum brakes attached to wheels
- better windscreen design
- added buttons to dashboard
- steering lock improved
- no concealed wheels
- Rear Wheel drive fixed
- Exhausts !
Excellent car, suits well for drifting needs