The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
You might need to open and direct a port if you're behind a router / firewall
I shouldn't think so Rob, only servers (those listening for connections) usually need to do that. I'm tightly firewalled here and I dont need to set anything up.
Quote from Rob76 :Does anyone else have the skinpack they could post? I downloaded it at work but forgot to put it on my USB drive.

Thanks,
Rob

PS Good luck with the server problems Becky

I would like to a see it too. I downloaded from the STCC forum few days ago, when it was online , but its not full For example I can't find my skin in the package
Other than car 0 I thought they where all in there, obviously anttt69/Collet is a special case on account of joining after the skin pack was released. If there's a skin missing I probably dont have it, what is your car number please Horci and I will double check?
I have a question about the broadcast.
Will it be live, during the whole race (qualify, for all heat ... etc) or just a cutoff, which will be put out few hours, days weeks after the race?
iirc its a shortened - edited after race one, but ill check

EDIT:
Quote from The STCC Site :STCC races are broadcast monthly over the web in a 15 minute highlights program showing the best of the action from the track. The format is designed for broadcast and features the biggest names in simulated touring car racing.

It'll be a 15 minutes review of the race, propably released one or two weeks after the race.

Vain
hi.. im not 100% sure if i can race the HDD with LFS on it went down last night.. typical i know..

but could you tell me what time in BST the race is?
Quote from R3DMAN :hi.. im not 100% sure if i can race the HDD with LFS on it went down last night.. typical i know..

but could you tell me what time in BST the race is?

7 pm bst
cheers m8.. that gives me 6.5 hours to sort out my computer and get my wheel sorted out..

i dont wanna have to miss this race specially since i have done over 600 laps practice!

cheers
Quote from R3DMAN :cheers m8.. that gives me 6.5 hours to sort out my computer and get my wheel sorted out..

i dont wanna have to miss this race specially since i have done over 600 laps practice!

cheers

i see your in the FXO - what times you getting?
@Jakg: This says 7 pm GMT. That's 8 pm BST.
Straight from the horse's mouth .

Vain
Quote from Vain :@Jakg: This says 7 pm GMT. That's 8 pm BST.
Straight from the horse's mouth .

Vain

last night i sent Becky a pm to check because i forgot, i got:

Quote from Becky Rose :
Quote from Jakg :seeing as the forum is down can i please confirm that race 1 is tommorow, and is it 7pm gmt or BST?

It's tommorow, server password is "censored" and it's 7pm London time.

I'm working to solve the forum issue, but it's not entirely under my control. However the steps taken, when complete, should completely put the web hosting problems behind us.

EDIT - Two posts below your quote was
Quote from Becky Rose :Good point. 7pm British Summer (jk) Time.

Nope that first post was an error on my part Vain, three posts down it's clarrified as BST, and there was some talk (including self mocking) of Brits and the BST timezone all clearing it up on the now absent STCC forums .

The race is, and i'll do it in large text for those who are skim reading.
6pm (18:00) U.T.C. / Zulu Time
7pm London Time / 8pm Paris Time

All times from the STCC, since that first errata, are given in UTC/Zulu time.
Help
HELP! Cannot connect to the master server!?!

I have tried chnaging firewall settings & resetting router

still nothing, what can I do?
Try completely resetting your router (turn off for 2 mins), do you have other internet connectivity on that machine? (ie: does browsing work on the LFS machine?). Try rebooting, if necessary download and install LFS again, but it's probably just a temporary issue.
internet works & spectator works too??
Do you run S, T, U, U19 or U20? All other versions aren't allowed due to the cheating-problem. See test patch thread for update.

Vain
running ver T at the mo
rebooted everything still nothing looks like i wont be able to race
Bah, I slept in... DNF for me
woo, heat a for the FXO's just took place, lots of close racing and i won! woo! replay below

(these are only really on here as backups for Becky btw)
Attached files
STCC-FXO Warmup.mpr - 622.7 KB - 142 views
I am so mad at myself, I set up alarm clocks and everything, and I overslept by 20 minutes, just enough to miss the heats, and my LFS isn't even unlocked too
In XRT heat you can see Safety car...
Quote from MorroW :In XRT heat you can see Safety car...

? the replay comes shortly, although i wont post the replay of the main race to force you to watch "the show"

in my race the bloke behind me was bloody quick, he was lapping quicker than me infact, i probably could of nocked about .000001 of his time, but i could of also rolled it 20 times so i left off
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG