Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/FE5CF2

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Devil Z

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A popular Japanese Midnight Run Car

2 Configurations

PLATE : ( Without plates )

Only right hand drive

If you have any suggestions you can write to me.

45° Steering lock

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Mod looks sick!
But why not an inline 6? You put like a Tuned K24 in it 295HP
Quote from martin18 :Mod looks sick!
But why not an inline 6? You put like a Tuned K24 in it 295HP

I'm fixing now sorry
Love this 240z great work, i was going to mention the same thing martin18 did lol. Thought the choice of motor was a little weird. Also your tire sizes are extremely small why not a 15" or 14" with 45 ratio or 50? something with a little more meat to fill the fenders Wink
Yes please more tire! Less run 15” or 14” engine could be like RB26 naturally aspirated 8k redline or like L28
Accurate size would be a 225/50R15
Overfenders, Recaros, green harnesses, Ducktail
It's so beautiful! Big grin Big grin Big grin

I always wanted a 240Z in LFS

Kindly consider swapping in this naturally aspirated engine that revs to 10K:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1973107#post1973107

Also a left hand drive version would be very appreciated, but hey whatever floats your boat Thumbs up
#8 - VladM
tyres are too big, also, abs on a 240z? that doesnt really make much sense. suspension geometry is all over the place, and setup is not really that good, front end is always bouncing. sound is very loud, and i get that it's the devil zetto, but i think a stock 240z would be better for lfs. overall a good model, but intentions not that good.
I made some changes

Tire-rim ratios is now

FRONT : 240/40/15 REAR : 240/40/15

The car had 4 cylinders, now its 6. (changed to real)

Final drive ratio reduced

Some changes have been made to the engine
Attached images
LFS 2021-12-01 23-32-320.png
Quote from VladM :tyres are too big, also, abs on a 240z? that doesnt really make much sense. suspension geometry is all over the place, and setup is not really that good, front end is always bouncing. sound is very loud, and i get that it's the devil zetto, but i think a stock 240z would be better for lfs. overall a good model, but intentions not that good.

I agree with this. Model is nice, but the handling is not good. The base setup needs lots of improvements to be actually drivable.
I think the setups need a lot of work, the drift setup needed transmission gearing work, second gear was too short and 3rd gear would fall on its face. Parallel steering should be 0. Also the sway bars you want at least 20NM or more in the rear.

I’m still not happy with the engine it felt strange the way the power came on. The turbo sound was the best part of the engine, the engine it self sound crappy

It definitely was an improvement from the original over all. The model is great too! Love the interior exterior and colors watanabes are on point!
I absolutely love it. It's so good already!
The suspension and gear setup is an easy fix, two minutes. I mean it all depends what you wanna use it for.
The way it ships its just slammed to the bumpstops, some people will want that.

Engine sounds very RB26-ish

Stretched tires on wide 15-inch Watas are genius! Perfect size.
Thank you very much for your awesome work!!!
Looks really nice, i love the checkered floor mats. The handling is bit weird, could use some adjusting.
Setup help for users IMO
Toe angle was at -0.9°, dial that out

Rear springs were stiffer than the front even though the front has more weight with that heavy inline-six, so adjust that
same with the damping

Give it some suspension travel, i gave it:
0.145 m Front
0.155 m Rear
Weight and weight distribution of the mod
Generally I think 1208 KG's might be little bit on the heavy side, since old Datsuns are fragile tincans, according to Wikipedia the stock 240 was 1044 kg. (The later 260 and 280 models were heavier, also the 2+2 seater was about 1200 kgs).

Even swapping in an RB26 engine would not raise the weight that substantially I think

EDIT: REAL-LIFE 240Z WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION IS ACTUALLY REAR-BIASED Smile
I was wondering about the front-to-rear weight distribution since the car is designed from the ground up as a sportscar, has a front-midship placement of the engine and the passenger compartment placed wayyyy back.

So I dug out this forum post:

Factory Service Manual 1972 spec.'s related to spring rates

FRONT LF 562 lbs & RF 604 lbs = 1166 lbs/435 KG {48%}
REAR 635 lbs & 635 lbs = 1270 lbs/474 KG {52%}

2436 lbs/909 KG total weight

Source: https://www.classiczcars.com/f ... omment&comment=426966
good mod.
It has good potential to improve details.
I would start by removing the ABS. A car from the year 1978 with ABS sounds very strange
i like it, looks like the real model of the car, 5 Stars
Hey Alpozdemir, you invite suggestions on the description page, check your private messages please Thumbs up
No skin template? please!!!
suspension update?
if you could adjust the suspension in the front so it dosent feel as dead and maybe up the steering angle to 50-55 degrees of lock this car would be amazing to drive

DEVIL Z
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG