The online racing simulator
Classic Scawen, not just allowing mods but putting together an entire vehicle editor for the community.

Look forward to some of the new creations that will come of it. Hopefully some stock cars, sports cars/prototypes, and vintage F1 style cars in the future.
Do lfs developers plan to make their own official demo, s2 servers and so on for people racing?
What I want concerning hosting is:

A possibility to host older versions including old westhill (or old westhill back as it is).

Bigger amount of user connections.

A possibility to host together with another user (access to all fm hosts with NumberTwo &co at the same time)

Pro Airio possibility with all functions.

Grouping data from several hosts into one file (like in Airio)

Perhaps a discount if I rent.. let's say 5 hosts at the same time.

Awesome work guys!
Fasten seat belts
Quote from pantiainen :A possibility to host together with another user (access to all fm hosts with NumberTwo &co at the same time)

This function is already there! (Check attached picture.)

But regarding Airio - I would really require access to all config/data files. I know Victor offered to upload them manually,but still it does not solve the problem if I want to change car classes more that couple of times per month.

Anyway,I wonder how Airio will deal with the new cars? Since it's not maintained anymore,we might have problems with it anyway.
Attached images
Untitled.png
After 11 years making mods, finally this is official
I dont know if im happy for this

Im so excited!
Hosting...

No downloadable server code at all.
No LAN mode at all.

What about commercial ventures that are mobile and require the local server and lan mode?

I will NOT connect my server/player machines to other peoples networks.

And using a hot spot or whatever, Going online at all for the server, totally defeats the purpose of what I am doing, trying to play locally multiplayer to get around online lag etc...

Been trying to decide if I am going to spend 10K to buy new computers to re-open the mobile race simulator trailer in 2022. These new changes to LFS may be making the decision for me......
There has to be a way to keep FULL functionality of insim, like in TC. Otherwise we will see big amount of people quitting the game.
Quote from Misterviin :There has to be a way to keep FULL functionality of insim, like in TC. Otherwise we will see big amount of people quitting the game.

Yep, TC was the only reason I got S2
I hope is possible use other 3d applications, like 3dsmax... blender is...
I only wish that we could make the texturing part in Blender too, because from what I saw, everythings except the base mesh should be done in the editor.

I mean planar projection isn't very practical especially for complex shapes.

Allowing for UVs export is something that maybe you should consider in the future.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Been trying to decide if I am going to spend 10K to buy new computers to re-open the mobile race simulator trailer in 2022. These new changes to LFS may be making the decision for me......

Noone forces you to use the newest version of LFS for your sim-trailer. The older versions are still available for download in this website. With time you can still find some way to use newer version,as a commercial licence owner you can still discuss some options with devs.
The change to hosting is a big change. But it shouldn't really cause many problems. We've been making sure of that.

The reason for it... many people are aware that piracy is operating, attracting many people to a separate community. This has been possible because of the way we gave out server code. It is a serious problem and it has got to the point where the business doesn't earn enough to live on. So we need to prevent piracy, or there will be no LFS.

Freely available server code was convenient, but it could also cause the end of LFS. So we need to provide something new and not allow pirates access to it.

Quote from SimulatorRental.com :What about commercial ventures that are mobile and require the local server and lan mode?

Unfortunately that will not be possible, when using the new version. The old version will still be available though, but not maintained.

Quote from Misterviin :There has to be a way to keep FULL functionality of insim, like in TC. Otherwise we will see big amount of people quitting the game.

Yep, that's how it works. Our hosting system allows access to an InSim port.
Quote from MacedoSTI :I hope is possible use other 3d applications, like 3dsmax... blender is...

Any 3D app with an OBJ exporter should work for the base mesh,

and nothing wrong with blender Wink Smile.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Hosting...

No downloadable server code at all.
No LAN mode at all.

What about commercial ventures that are mobile and require the local server and lan mode?

I will NOT connect my server/player machines to other peoples networks.

And using a hot spot or whatever, Going online at all for the server, totally defeats the purpose of what I am doing, trying to play locally multiplayer to get around online lag etc...

Been trying to decide if I am going to spend 10K to buy new computers to re-open the mobile race simulator trailer in 2022. These new changes to LFS may be making the decision for me......

If servers will be in USA as Scawen texted it might not be still good decision on lag issue.
OK then.... I guess I am out of business then.

Anyone in USA want to buy some race simulators?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192941551897
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :OK then.... I guess I am out of business then.

Anyone in USA want to buy some race simulators?

Again - the older (for now current) version still works fine,so you can still use it. Random customer will never know it's not the very latest software version he's crashing his buddies with. Shrug
Quote from lfsrm :Any 3D app with an OBJ exporter should work for the base mesh,

and nothing wrong with blender Wink Smile.

yes i see on video is possible export in obj xD

now just wait for the update

about a authorization to get a real names for mods? like subaru/volkswagen/toyota... how it will works?
There are many issues the OLD/Current version has, that I was waiting to be fixed in next version... so its not really an option.
Thank you for this update! I'm very excited to try it once its released.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :There are many issues the OLD/Current version has, that I was waiting to be fixed in next version... so its not really an option.

Chance is most of those problems are not getting fixed as this "just" adds mods support, unless you mean that you wanted more cars.
Quote from KevinRacer :Chance is most of those problems are not getting fixed as this "just" adds mods support, unless you mean that you wanted more cars.

Mostly things that only effect large lan games. Game controller compatibility issues, starting the whole thing up, and graphics would have been nice in the future... no reason to continue using it, if there is no hope for future improvements.
Quote from MacedoSTI :yes i see on video is possible export in obj xD

now just wait for the update

about a authorization to get a real names for mods? like subaru/volkswagen/toyota... how it will works?

No you can't use real brand names without an authorization ( from the manufacturer or the license holder ).

And to get that authorization, it means that you are ready to buy a license that will probably cost you +50 000 $ for one vehicle (if they accept to negotiate with you in the first place), there is some exceptions but this is how things work.

So you should always make slight modifications to your subaru or toyota model to make them not as similar as the original model, and of course make sure to use a fictional brand.
Quote from MacedoSTI :about a authorization to get a real names for mods? like subaru/volkswagen/toyota... how it will works?

That's gonna be quite hard, I guess people will start making cars like GTA has. With similar looking models and similar sounding manufacturer names.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG