The online racing simulator
May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
@numbazZ I was thinking the same! Little tweaking and it will look amazing! After all this is a work in progress screenshots / video. There is a room for improvement. Thank you for this report, Eric and Scawen. Smile
Great job on South City. It's really shaping up good, by the looks of it. Looking forward to driving on it myself Smile
Imagine cruise server on South City, with like 100 peoples online, its would be amazing. Great job devs!
Amazing job! Big grin SO at night will be a pleasure!

Keep up the good work <3
Looks amazing. Good job.
It'd be no good a map for cruising without a McDonalds car park and a retail park though! Great work, you guys are an inspiration to indie developers everywhere!
Awesome job.
One question: Is this big update will be like S4 version (have to pay for it)?
Quote from BorislavB :Awesome job.
One question: Is this big update will be like S4 version (have to pay for it)?

no, it's the whole game updating
Always happy to hear some news from LFS devs, the new south city is truly becoming an "open world" map. cruisers, racers, and layout makers should be happy about that!

I think releasing the patch without Fernbay is a good decision, we should have plenty of content to play with in the first version until further improvements or new track/cars.
"We want the community to have the new version so we are trying to get to that point as quickly as possible. To do that, some things we want to do can wait until after the release. For the first version, Eric plans to focus on finishing South City and Kyoto while Scawen works on the tyre physics. Fern Bay and further graphical improvements can be done after the big update."

Great to know that tyre physics will be part of the first update!

I would love to know what state they're in at the moment, and if we should be hopeful of the first update this year?

Thanks for the post, and SO at night is looking spiffy!
Is there any chance of having a full map path released? Just to get an idea of the major roads and how they interlink?
Quote from gu3st :Is there any chance of having a full map path released? Just to get an idea of the major roads and how they interlink?

+1, very much interested in seeing this!

Great work guys, the updates are looking really impressive and I cannot wait to get behind the wheel on the new South City! Big grin
Quote from gu3st :Is there any chance of having a full map path released? Just to get an idea of the major roads and how they interlink?

I kinda expect that to be left unrevealed and it might be up to us to explore the new surroundings,like it was back then with Westhill.

What I'm more interested is - will there be more official configurations in South City? I'm sure it will be up to us,community,to create many other custom configurations,but would be nice to have some new standard configurations with full path and raceline,supporting also AI racing.

To me it looks like the 2nd Westhill,where layout builders like me can extend their creativity with new racetracks. Big grin
That's stunning, Thanks Scavier for the work.
Even the fences are looking better.
The only thing that bothers me is the video store... well there is not that much left currently...
As "Fern Bay and further graphical improvements can be done after the big update." that means to me than the release is not so far anymore. I am excited!

Edit: and thanks @Degats for the comparisons!
Edit: I am curious who edited the video? It is very smooth and relaxing, and the tunnel with the light at the end perfect!
The video really is fantastic.
It does look very well done. I hope you guys continue to work hard and remember to enjoy the process too!
This definitely feels refreshing as well as a glimpse into the future of how LFS will look. It does feel special to see change happen to a game that has been very dear since I got introduced to it back in 2007 when I was just 11 Smile
Excellent. Just... Excellent.

I can life with that that fern bay and further graphical improvements can be made after the big update.

Wow. Just... Wow...
The devs are brutal torturers.

I like the new lighting and the new sections of the route

... too much.😉
S1 licence with only South City 2.0 will worth the price already Big grin !
London bourough FTW !
Eric : hope the highway will be open on Blackwood, you cannot make such a huge SO environment without doing the visible roads of Blackwood Big grin
I am joining the crowd regarding the video : clearly impressive in itself Thumbs up LFS

thank you Degats for the comparison screens Thumbs up
I think Scawen, Eric and Victor must be very proud - Live for Speed is made with passion and love, to me it feels like watching a child growing up. Smile
Quote from Flotch :
Eric : hope the highway will be open on Blackwood, you cannot make such a huge SO environment without doing the visible roads of Blackwood Big grin

Sshhh! Don't give him any more ideas until *after* this update is out Wink
Thanks!

Please make some sections with low quality roads, tricky asymmetric bumps, ruts etc. Smile

Cheers
Quote from pasibrzuch :Thanks!

Please make some sections with low quality roads, tricky asymmetric bumps, ruts etc. Smile

Cheers

That's what I'm hoping FE will be. Bumpy roads, huge kerbs, concerns for safety. You get the drift.
Quote from Degats :Sshhh! Don't give him any more ideas until *after* this update is out Wink

too late Big grin
Impressive pictures - The video is great and gives an exciting impression. However, the sky does not quite correspond to the current (real) weather situation! ShrugBig grin

I'm excited for the patch test release and can't wait. Omg omg omg

Once again: A great job from the developers. - Thank you for your work and the current progress report
Wow! I'm impressed, great job!
SO is a whole new experience.
This thread is closed

May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG